|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sweetness say her skin color is?
(a) Moderately dark.
(c) Blue-black dark.
(d) High yellow.
2. How does Sweetness describe the upbringing Lula Ann received from her?
(c) Very strict.
3. What does Bride say she would do, to get her mother to touch her?
(a) Break down in tears so she would get hugged.
(b) Lie on top of her in bed, so she would have to be shoved off.
(c) Raise her fists to her mother so her mother would have to defend herself.
(d) Be bad so she could be spanked.
4. Who does Bride say Brooklyn dates?
(a) Only white guys.
(b) Mostly foreigners.
(c) Guys of all races.
(d) Black guys, mostly.
5. When Bride confesses the whole story about Sylvia Huxley, what does Brooklyn suggest?
(a) That they take a cruise.
(b) That Bride she contact Booker.
(c) That Bride should try to contact Sylvia Huxley again.
(d) That they throw a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Bride’s appearance does Sweetness say she had a difficult time taming?
2. How does Sweetness feel about her daughter’s skin color?
3. When does Bride say that her ‘melting away’ starts?
4. What does Bride say Booker was using her for?
5. What did Bride and Booker quarrel about the night he left?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)