|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Sisters' Superior?
2. Who does Moneo serve?
3. What is Moneo waiting for before he dies?
4. After Idaho is killed in the catacombs, what does Leto order Moneo to do?
5. Which of the Sisters is the true leader of the Sister's order?
Short Essay Questions
1. In order to increase their chances of success during the attack of Leto's procession near the Idaho River, what do the Face Dancers do?
2. In her letter writing directly to Leto, what does Nayla beg from Leto?
3. Why does Leto hold his first interview with the new Idaho in the darkened crypt?
4. What is the Bene Gesserit?
5. After her meeting with Kobat, how does Siona summarize what she learned in the meeting
6. After being informed by Idaho that there have been attacks on the guards and spotty violence in the City and in the Forbidden Forest, Leto orders human wolves introduced into the forest. Why?
7. What does the Fish Speakers' chant of "Siaynoq" signify?
8. In the "Welbeck Fragment," what notion does Moneo insist about Leto that his daughter rejects?
9. Why is Idaho different from most other gholas?
10. Who is Iyo Kobat and why was he banished from Arrakis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on the writings early in the story and the author's historical references throughout the novel, compare and contrast the world in which the story takes place with the world as it was in the Dune days before Leto's metamorphosis.
Essay Topic 2
Moneo often watches Leto for signs that signal the "approach of the Worm."
a. What signs is Moneo watching for?
b. What actions or theories does Leto hold that particularly worry Moneo because they signal the Worm is near?
c. Why is Moneo afraid the Worm and its emergence?
Essay Topic 3
The Great Sharing is held once every ten years in Onn.
a. Describe the ceremony surrounding the Great Sharing.
b. What is the purpose of the Great Sharing?
c. Why is participation in the Great Sharing important to Leto? To the people he rules?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)