|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Norma Cenva?
(a) The first explorer to go into the desert.
(b) The true inventor of the Guild ship.
(c) Leto's first love.
(d) Leto's maternal grandmother.
2. As Moneo and Leto are alone in the Citadel going over wedding arrangements, what about Leto awes Moneo?
(a) Noree's willingness to marry Leto.
(b) Leto's emotional pain.
(c) Leto's wedding plans.
(d) Leto's ruthlessness.
3. Who does Idaho remember as being his best friend?
4. When talking with Idaho at the Citadel about Leto, what does Moneo compare Leto's moods to?
(a) An ocean.
(b) A river.
(c) A valley.
(d) A forest.
5. As Leto and Siona make their way into the desert to begin Siona's test, how does the flatness and barrenness of the desert make Siona feel?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nayla inform Moneo of during their meeting at the Citadel?
2. Laying awake one night, Leto realizes he must take a safari journey. Where must Leto go?
3. As Idaho strides from the Guard mess to his citadel quarters, Idaho is angry. Why?
4. Where is the wedding of Leto and Noree originally scheduled to take place?
5. What group has Leto contemplated eliminating completely?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Noree that frightens Leto?
2. In regard to death, how are Ixians and Atreides different?
3. After Idaho storms out of Moneo's room and away from Moneo and Noree, what does Moneo tell Noree?
4. While together in Leto's small audience room, Leto tells Noree about how the Ixians once considered making a hunter-seeker type of weapon with a self-improving machine mind. According to Leto, what is the danger inherent with that idea?
5. According to Leto, when do laws and prisons only work?
6. Why does Leto love dumping his body onto the sand?
7. As Leto tests Siona, he knows his actions appear cruel from a human standpoint. In Leto's opinion, what have humans always overlooked?
8. Noree believes the prohibition against space travel is intended to keep people out of trouble, but Leto disagrees. Why does Leto continue to prohibition against space travel?
9. After consuming some of the spice, how does Siona react? How is her reaction different from the reaction of earlier Atreides?
10. Why does Moneo fear the melange?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)