|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leto explains to Idaho that the Tleilaxu hold something of great value hostage, which is why the Tleilaxu feel immune. What do they hold hostage?
(a) Idaho's former bodies.
(b) Idaho's original cells.
(c) Leto's daughter.
2. Why does Leto deny clemency to nine historians in 2116?
(a) They tried to overthrow the government.
(b) They tried to assassinate Leto.
(c) They supported the rebel movement.
(d) They lied pretentiously.
3. What does the "Welback Fragment" contain?
(a) A dialog between Leto and Siona.
(b) A dialog between Siona, Moneo, and Leto.
(c) A dialog between Siona and Moneo.
(d) A dialog between Moneo and Leto.
4. During the Great Sharing, where do the elite view the God Emperor from?
(a) Alongside the runway.
(b) The outer circle.
(c) A ring of spires.
(d) The balconied apartments.
5. What does Anteac fear is Idaho's true character?
(a) Idaho is a Time Traveler.
(b) Idaho is a rebel spy.
(c) Idaho is a Face Dancer.
(d) Idaho is a Shape Changer.
6. What is known as the most valuable substance known to humankind?
7. What does Leto conceal from Moneo about Siona?
(a) Siona is about to become Leto's wife.
(b) Siona has a special genetic gift.
(c) Siona is not actually Moneo's daughter.
(d) Siona is about to be killed.
8. What is the Welbeck Abridgement?
(a) A mission statement by the ruling class.
(b) An assessment of the empire.
(c) A historical account of the empire.
(d) An architectural strategy.
9. Who is the Sisters' Superior?
(a) Reverend Mother Syaksa.
(b) Reverend Mother Luyseyal.
(c) Reverend Mother Anteac.
(d) Reverend Mother Siona.
10. What does Noree confirm about Leto when they meet in his residence?
(a) Leto to maintain the status quo.
(b) Leto loathes original thinking.
(c) Leto wants newness and originality.
(d) Leto dislikes creativity.
11. Who is Sihaya?
(a) The angel who interrogates the dead.
(b) The angel who protects the worthy.
(c) The angel who ferries the dead to the other side.
(d) The angel who haunts the living.
12. Why do the weather controllers try to control the weather?
(a) The Worm hates sunlight.
(b) The Worm loves water.
(c) The Worm hates water.
(d) The Worm loves sunlight.
13. As Leto and Moneo's procession nears the Idaho River, who is stationed along the river's banks to raise any necessary warnings?
(a) The Shape Changers.
(b) The Face Dancers.
(c) The Museum Fremen.
(d) The Imperial Guard.
14. What is the new Idaho?
(a) A ghost.
(b) A mirage.
(c) A robot.
(d) A ghola.
15. In the beginning of the story, when Idaho is killed, whose name does Idaho call out?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing that makes Leto vulnerable?
2. Whom does Nayla serve?
3. According to Leto's predictions of the future, when Leto dies and returns to the sand, what will Leto become?
4. What is the purpose of Onn?
5. Who translates the newly uncovered findings?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)