|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Leto expresses concern that the new Idaho is subdued four days into his adjustment, what does Moneo give as the reason for Idaho's subdued mood?
(a) Idaho is lonely.
(b) Idaho hasn't been able to sleep soundly.
(c) Idaho is homesick.
(d) Idaho has been busy nights with the Guard.
2. After Idaho is killed in the catacombs, what does Leto order Moneo to do?
(a) Take the blame for Idaho's death.
(b) Report the death to the people.
(c) Hide the body.
(d) Order a new Idaho.
3. According to the found journals, what is Leto's overriding purpose?
(a) To rule with an iron fist.
(b) To be the greatest predator ever.
(c) To be more powerful than anyone else.
(d) To have his subjects admire him.
4. At Leto's command, Chenoeh is withholding certain information from the people. When will this information be revealed?
(a) After Leto's death.
(b) At the Showing ceremony.
(c) At Siona's coronation ceremony.
(d) After Idaho has fully adjusted.
5. The city of Onn is built on the former Tanzerouft. What was Tanzerouft known as?
(a) The Land of Want.
(b) The Land of Plenty.
(c) The Land of Joy.
(d) The Land of Terror.
6. As Leto and Moneo's procession nears the Idaho River, who is stationed along the river's banks to raise any necessary warnings?
(a) The Face Dancers.
(b) The Imperial Guard.
(c) The Shape Changers.
(d) The Museum Fremen.
7. What does the real Idaho do in order to set himself apart from the newcomers on the river's bank?
(a) Idaho turns his coat inside out.
(b) Idaho paints his face.
(c) Idaho removes his uniform.
(d) Idaho removes his cap.
8. According to Siona, who is good at inspiring new rebel recruits?
9. What is a Torquemada?
(a) Someone who displays tremendous strength.
(b) Someone who displays tremendous moral courage.
(c) Someone who makes living torches out of opponents.
(d) Someone who makes a living tricking others.
10. What upsets Idaho about his treatment the first night he is in Onn?
(a) Idaho is cold and hungry.
(b) Idaho is unaware of his true nature.
(c) Idaho is used as a stud.
(d) Idaho is given faulty orders.
11. What is the purpose of Onn?
(a) To house the city's treasures.
(b) To provide education for the emperor's family.
(c) To allow public viewing of the God Emperor.
(d) To shelter the poorest of society.
12. As the entourage safely enters Onn, what do the Fish Speakers chant?
13. What does the Sisterhood fear?
(a) Leto's grand plan.
(b) The Oracle's pronouncements.
(c) Anything the Sisterhood cannot control.
(d) Anything that touches the melange.
14. What is chasing the fleeing characters through the Forbidden Forest?
15. What is Moneo waiting for before he dies?
(a) Leto to become fully human.
(b) Leto to be defeated.
(c) Siona to become queen.
(d) Siona to be bred with an Idaho.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the very beginning of the story, what do the newly uncovered findings shed light on?
2. What does Noree confirm about Leto when they meet in his residence?
3. What does this new Idaho teach the Guard members?
4. Who is Othwi Yake?
5. Who is Luli?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)