|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Fred Rosewater while Norman Mushari was wandering around town looking for him?
(a) At the racetrack.
(b) Asleep at home on the couch.
(c) Asleep on his sailboat.
(d) Asleep at his office.
2. What do men Fred insures believe is their only get-rich scheme?
(a) To insure themselves and die young.
(b) To insure their wives and hope they die first.
(c) To insure their homes and set them on fire.
(d) To insure their businesses then go bankrupt.
3. What does Delbert tell Eliot he is thinking about Eliot's trip to Indianapolis?
(a) Once gone, Eliot will not return.
(b) Once gone, Eliot will not remember Rosewater.
(c) Once gone, Eliot will turn right around and come back.
(d) Once gone, Eliot will regret leaving.
4. What does Selena notice about the music Mrs. Buntline plays through the house?
(a) It is playing much too loudly.
(b) It is playing at the wrong speed.
(c) It is outdated and boring.
(d) It is enriching and uplifting.
5. What reading material does Eliot choose for his bus trip to Indianapolis?
(a) Rolling Stone Magazine.
(b) The American Investigator.
(c) Kilgore Trout's Pan-Galactic Three Day Pass.
(d) Kilgore Trout's This Time It Is over.
6. What book does Fred find while looking through a books and magazine store?
(a) Kilgore Trout's book Pan-Galactic Three Day Pass.
(b) Kilgore Trout's book Venus on the Half Shell.
(c) Kilgore Trout's book The Way Station.
(d) Kilgore Trout's book 2BRO2B.
7. How much is Fred Rosewater worth dead?
(a) Two hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Fifty thousand dollars.
(c) Forty-two thousand dollars.
(d) A million dollars.
8. Where has Sylvia gone, according to The Investigator?
(a) To a resort in Cannes.
(b) To Paris to live.
(c) To a nunnery with a vow of silence.
(d) To the mountains of India to study.
9. What paper does Fred read surreptitiously with his coffee and Danish?
(a) The American Investigator.
(b) The National Enquirer.
(c) The Wall Street Journal.
(d) The American Questioner.
10. Why does Eliot not recognize Kilgore Trout when he sees him sitting on the bench at the fountain?
(a) He has lost a lot of weight.
(b) He has no beard.
(c) He has dyed his hair.
(d) He is wearing a suit.
11. When Stewart was a young man, what did he tell his lawyer he wanted to do with his money?
(a) He wanted to give it all away to the poor.
(b) He wanted to invest it all in the stock market.
(c) He wanted to put it all in trust for his wife.
(d) He wanted to give it all to the United Way.
12. What is written on the fountain in Dr. Brown's private hospital?
(a) "Pretend to be good always, and even God will be fooled."
(b) "Pretend to know the answer even when there is no answer."
(c) "Pretend you are not more than you are, and the Gods will be happy."
(d) "Pretend to be good always, and you will be a fool."
13. How does Eliot Rosewater outsmart Norman Mushari in the end?
(a) Eliot writes Fred a check for a million dollars and buys him off.
(b) Eliot write Mushari a check for a million dollars to drop the case.
(c) Eliot declares all children of Rosewater are his own, and pays out child support.
(d) He gives Fred one hudnred thousand dollars, and declares all children of Rosewater his children.
14. Who is the town of Pisquontuit named after?
(a) An INdian Chief in the 1900s.
(b) An Indian Chief in the 1600s.
(c) An Indian Chief in the 1700s.
(d) An Indian Chief in the 1800s.
15. How does Kilgore Trout explain Eliot's devotion to volunteer fire departments?
(a) It is a waste of time, and should not be continued.
(b) It is just a fluke of nature, not true insanity.
(c) It is a means of rubbing out guilt for killing firemen.
(d) These fire departments are the essence of selflessness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Eliot describe how he feels to Charley as he leaves for the bus station?
2. What did Fred's father write and leave to him before dying?
3. Who is Sergeant Boyle?
4. What is one of Eliot's favorite Kilgore Trout books dealing with ingratitude?
5. What does Bunny have to show Aminata when she shows up for lunch?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)