|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fred Rosewater have coffee and Danish each morning?
(a) The Pisquontuit Tavern.
(b) The Pisquontuit Diner.
(c) The Pisquontuit Restaurant.
(d) The Pisquontuit News Store and the Pisquontuit Drug Store.
2. While the Senator is talking with Eliot in his apartment, what occurs?
(a) Eliot asks his father what time it is.
(b) Eliot storms out of the room and runs to the fire station to hide.
(c) The alarm clock goes off at noon and Eliot sounds the noon time siren at the fire house.
(d) Eliot screams at hearing the news and sets off the siren at the fire house.
3. Upon getting home, why does Fred give up his first thought of suicide?
(a) He thinks about his son.
(b) He thinks about his father.
(c) He thinks about his wife getting the insurance money.
(d) He thinks about the scandal.
4. How is Fred Rosewater related to Eliot?
(a) They are second cousins.
(b) They are first cousins.
(c) They are half brothers.
(d) They are brothers separated at birth.
5. How does Stewart Buntline make his money?
(a) He inherited ten million dollars of IBM stock.
(b) He inherited forty million dollars in tobacco money.
(c) He inherited eighteen million dollars in tobacco money.
(d) He inherited twenty million dollars in pharmacutical holdings.
6. What does Caroline Rosewater ask her husband for when while Fred and Harry Pena are talking?
(a) Money to pay the bills.
(b) Money for her expensive lunch with her friend.
(c) Money for a new winter coat.
(d) Money to go to the mall and shop.
7. How does Eliot Rosewater outsmart Norman Mushari in the end?
(a) Eliot write Mushari a check for a million dollars to drop the case.
(b) He gives Fred one hudnred thousand dollars, and declares all children of Rosewater his children.
(c) Eliot writes Fred a check for a million dollars and buys him off.
(d) Eliot declares all children of Rosewater are his own, and pays out child support.
8. What does Kilgore Trout say is the most important lesson Eliot has learned in his time in Rosewater?
(a) "People can use all the money they can inherit."
(b) "People can use all the help they can get."
(c) "People can spend allthe money they earn."
(d) "People can use all the uncritical love they can get."
9. How does Senator Rosewater arrive at Eliot's apartment?
(a) He drove himself.
(b) In a cab.
(c) In a chauffeur driven car.
(d) With Norman Mushari.
10. To whom is Selena writing a letter while Fred is asleep on his boat?
(a) Wilfred Parrot.
(b) Wilford Maxwell.
(c) Wilford Brimley.
(d) Wilford Rosewater.
11. When Stewart was a young man, what did he tell his lawyer he wanted to do with his money?
(a) He wanted to put it all in trust for his wife.
(b) He wanted to invest it all in the stock market.
(c) He wanted to give it all to the United Way.
(d) He wanted to give it all away to the poor.
12. Where are Eliot and Sylvia scheduled to meet for their final goodbye?
(a) The Bluebird Room of the Marriott Hotel in Incline.
(b) The Bluebird Room of the Marsett Hotel in Miami Beach.
(c) The Bluebird Room of the Marriott Hotel in Chicago.
(d) The Bluebird Room of the Marott Hotel in Indianapolis.
13. Who is the first person to visit Eliot on the day of his journey to Indianapolis?
(a) Delbert Smith.
(b) Delbert Peach.
(c) Delbert Post.
(d) Delbert Ironside.
14. How long has Selena been with the Buntline family?
(a) Nine months.
(b) A year.
(c) A month.
(d) Six months.
15. What legal representation does Stewart Buntline have?
(a) McNorton, Krandle, and Little.
(b) Rosenson, Richmond, and Smith.
(c) McAllister, Robjent, Reed, and McGee.
(d) McSorely, Anderson, and Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Fred continues to read about the Rosewater family in the family history?
2. As Fred is preparing to hang himself in the basement, who arrives to speak with him?
3. Who approaches Eliot as he boards the bus?
4. What solution does Eliot's father present for Eliot's current problem?
5. What news does Senator Rosewater deliver to his son when he comes to visit him?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)