|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eliot tell Sylvia will be his "work of art?"
(a) He is going to paint a mural on the bank wall.
(b) He is going to love the discarded Americans in the town.
(c) He is going to open a food kitchen.
(d) He is going to build an ast museum for the town.
2. On what stationery does Eliot write a letter to Sylvia from Iowa?
(a) Fire department stationery.
(b) Paper towels from the bathroom.
(c) Loose leaf paper.
(d) His own personalized stationery.
3. How tall is Norman Musahri?
(a) Five feet three inches.
(b) Five feet five inches.
(c) Five feet ten inches.
(d) Six feet two inches.
4. To whom does Eliot compare himself in the first letter he sends to Sylvia?
(a) A volunteer fire fighter.
(b) His father.
(c) Caesar Augustus.
5. What does Senator Rosewater lament when Sylvia arrives in America for the divorce?
(a) The lack of courage Sylvia displays by divorcing his son.
(b) The lack of an heir for the family fortune.
(c) The lack of support for his senatorial campaign.
(d) The lack of psychiatric care available to his son.
6. When Eliot calls Sylvia from Indiana, what does he say is the one remaining independent business in the town?
(a) F.W. Woolworth's.
(c) Carp bones.
(d) Roman taffy factory.
7. Why does Eliot collect pictures from magazines for his clients?
(a) He finds his clients find pictures comforting.
(b) He is a horder.
(c) He gives them out as birthday gifts.
(d) He uses them for wallpaper.
8. What role does the corporation perform for the Foundation?
(a) It manages the oversees holdings of the Foundation.
(b) It manages the Foundation Board members.
(c) It manages the capital of the Foundation.
(d) It manages the Foundaiton's gift giving.
9. What is Eliot's title with the fire department in Rosewater when he is a child?
(a) He is the youngest member of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(b) He is the spokesperson for the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(c) He is the honorary fire chief of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(d) He is the mascot of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
10. In what town is Eliot arrested after leaving New York?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona
(b) Elisnore, California
(c) Austin, Texas
(d) Vashti, Texas
11. How old is Eliot Rosewater when Mushari begins to investigate him?
12. How does the late night caller praise Eliot?
(a) "God bless you, Eliot."
(b) "God bless you, Mr. Rosewater."
(c) "Thank you for calling."
(d) "Thank you for all of your help."
13. During the meeting with Sylvia, how does Senator Rosewater react when McAllister reminds him about the other Rosewater?
(a) "I am talking about the real Rosewaters. To hell with Pisquontuit."
(b) "There ARE no other Rosewaters."
(c) "Eliot and I are the only true Rosewaters!"
(d) "I would rather Sylvia take over the business than the other Rosewaters!"
14. What is the Rosewater Law?
(a) The Senator's family rule that no one who is crazy can run the Foundation.
(b) The Senator's piece of legislation defining and regulating obscene material.
(c) The Senator's piece of legislation that regulates taxation without representation.
(d) The Senator's failed attempt to regulate interstate commerce.
15. What happens at the opening of the opera Aida attended by Eliot and Sylvia?
(a) Eliot calls out to the singers in the middle of the opera.
(b) Eliot cries inconsolably at the end of the opera.
(c) Eliot leaps off the balcony into the crowd.
(d) Eliot goes to the restroom and does not return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a fly hunt?
2. When Eliot receives a call from a man considering suicide, what question does he ask him?
3. Why is Norman Mushari happy to hear Eliot is baptizing babies?
4. Who is the creator of the Foundation?
5. When Sylvia asks Eliot where he is calling from, how does he reply?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)