|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the letter that is to be given to the next president of the Foundation from the current president?
(a) A description of the gifts given so far.
(b) A list of Foundation holdings.
(c) A history of the Foundation,
(d) A history of the family.
2. What is Eliot's title with the fire department in Rosewater when he is a child?
(a) He is the spokesperson for the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(b) He is the youngest member of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(c) He is the honorary fire chief of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(d) He is the mascot of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
3. How old is Eliot Rosewater when Mushari begins to investigate him?
4. What book does Eliot receive from a client of the Rosewater Foundation to whom he gave ten thousand dollars?
(a) The Cradle of Erotica.
(b) Get With Child a Mandrake Root.
(c) A Thousand Clowns.
(d) The Three Faces of Eve.
5. What does Senator Rosewater lament when Sylvia arrives in America for the divorce?
(a) The lack of an heir for the family fortune.
(b) The lack of psychiatric care available to his son.
(c) The lack of support for his senatorial campaign.
(d) The lack of courage Sylvia displays by divorcing his son.
6. Why is Norman Mushari happy to hear Eliot is baptizing babies?
(a) It is evident he is lying to Sylvia when he tells her this.
(b) It is evident he is falsely representing the Foundation.
(c) It is evident he is breaking the law.
(d) It is evidence he believes he is the Messiah.
7. When Sylvia and Eliot move to Rosewater, what is to the west of the Parthenon?
(a) The Rosewater Saw Company.
(b) The old railway terminal.
(c) The Rosewater Savings and Loan.
(d) The night crawler stands.
8. What does Kilgore Trout do for a living?
(a) He is a stock clerk in a trading stamp redemption center.
(b) He is a cashier at a fast food restaurant.
(c) He is a librarian.
(d) He is a retail clerk in a large retail outlet chain.
9. Who put in the canal bisecting the county of Rosewater?
(a) Eliot's father when he became a senator.
(b) Eliot's uncle who was a farmer.
(c) Eliot's grandfather when he took over the Foundation.
(d) Eliot's great-grandfather.
10. When does Eliot Rosewater leave law school and why?
(a) In 1941, to join the Navy.
(b) In 1941, to join the Army.
(c) In 1941, to avoid the draft.
(d) In 1941, to join the Marines.
11. What is a fly hunt?
(a) Catching flies with nets.
(b) KIlling flies with rubber bands or glasses.
(c) Finding flies in winter.
(d) Killing flies with spray cans.
12. How tall is Norman Musahri?
(a) Five feet ten inches.
(b) Six feet two inches.
(c) Five feet five inches.
(d) Five feet three inches.
13. Where does Eliot Rosewater attend law school?
14. Who rented the office space in Rosewater before Eliot did?
(a) A dentist.
(b) An architect.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A veterinarian.
15. Where is Eliot Rosewater born and when?
(a) Rosewater, Indiana, in 1918.
(b) Rosewater, Illinois, in 1920.
(c) Washington DC, in 1918.
(d) New York City, in 1920.
Short Answer Questions
1. What experience in the past does the Senator blame for Eliot's mental instability?
2. What does Eliot call Sylvia in his letter to her from Iowa?
3. Where do the upper-management employees of the corporation who run the automated saw mill live?
4. What does Eliot talk about, to people idling in front of a fire station, that later gets him arrested?
5. Who is referred to as "The Nut," "The Saint," and "The Holy Roller?"
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)