|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While fighting in Europe in WWII, into what smoke-filled building does Eliot lead his platoon?
(a) A munitions factory?
(b) A clarinet factory.
(c) A tongue depressor factory.
(d) A lingerie factory.
2. What is Eliot's title with the fire department in Rosewater when he is a child?
(a) He is the spokesperson for the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(b) He is the youngest member of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(c) He is the mascot of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(d) He is the honorary fire chief of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
3. Who rented the office space in Rosewater before Eliot did?
(a) A veterinarian.
(b) A dentist.
(c) An architect.
(d) A lawyer.
4. When Eliot calls Sylvia from Indiana, what does he say is the one remaining independent business in the town?
(a) F.W. Woolworth's.
(c) Carp bones.
(d) Roman taffy factory.
5. At the end of WWII, where is Eliot stationed?
6. According to Mushari's favorite law professor, what should every good lawyer look for?
(a) Another lawyer on the same side.
(b) A client with an axe to grind.
(c) The moment when money trades hands.
(d) A woman with a rich dead husband.
7. What does Eliot use as a kitchen in his office in Rosewater?
(a) His bathroom.
(b) His back porch.
(c) His bedroom.
(d) His closet.
8. What is the name of the foundation formed in 1947?
(a) The Mushari Foundation.
(b) The New York Foundataion.
(c) The Kennedy Foundation.
(d) The Rosewater Foundation
9. When Eliot leads his platoon into the smoke-filled building, what happens?
(a) He accidentally kills three fire fighters.
(b) He accidentally kills three German officers.
(c) He accidentally kills three children.
(d) He accidentally kills three men in his platoon.
10. What is the one rule Eliot knows to tell the newborn babies he is to baptize?
(a) "You've got to be crafty."
(b) "You've got to be kind."
(c) "You've got to be careful."
(d) "You've got to be rich."
11. Where do the upper-management employees of the corporation who run the automated saw mill live?
(a) In New Ambrosia.
(b) In Avondale.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In Rosewater.
12. Who is next in line after Rosewater's son to become president of the Foundation?
(a) A cousin in Rhode Island.
(b) A cousin in Louisiana.
(c) A cousin in New Jersey
(d) A cousin in Delaware.
13. Where are the Rosewater Corporation main offices?
(a) Fifth Avenue in New York.
(b) Market Street in San Francisco.
(c) Carnaby Street in London.
(d) Wall Street in New York.
14. How does Sylvia react to the proposal McAllister makes in the meeting between himself, Sylvia, Mushari, and the Senator?
(a) She leaves the room and returns to Paris.
(b) She immmediately says no.
(c) She asks for time to think.
(d) She immediately says yes.
15. How many children does Senator Rosewater have?
(a) Only one.
(b) Two living.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Eliot Rosewater leave law school and why?
2. Why is Norman Mushari happy to hear Eliot is baptizing babies?
3. Who is Norman Mushari?
4. From what law school did Norman Mushari graduate?
5. During a thunderstorm, who calls and wakes Eliot from his sleep?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)