|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Senator Rosewater have?
(a) Two living.
(b) Only one.
2. Who put in the canal bisecting the county of Rosewater?
(a) Eliot's uncle who was a farmer.
(b) Eliot's father when he became a senator.
(c) Eliot's great-grandfather.
(d) Eliot's grandfather when he took over the Foundation.
3. For what law firm does Norman Mushari work?
(a) Smith, Barney, Cluster.
(b) McAllister, Smith, and Wainwright.
(c) Meryll, Lynch, Fenner, and Smith.
(d) McAllister, Robjent, Reed, and McGee.
4. At what age can siblings of the president of the Foundation become officers?
(b) Twenty one.
(c) Thirty five.
5. How does Eliot meet Sylvia?
(a) She works for the Rosewater Corporation.
(b) She works for the Rosewater Foundation.
(c) Her father introduces them.
(d) They meet in a bar in Paris.
6. What does Eliot tell Sylvia will be his "work of art?"
(a) He is going to build an ast museum for the town.
(b) He is going to love the discarded Americans in the town.
(c) He is going to paint a mural on the bank wall.
(d) He is going to open a food kitchen.
7. Eliot's late night caller complains of what problem?
(a) Aching heart.
(b) Aching stomach.
(c) Aching feet.
(d) Aching kidneys.
8. According to the Senator, what is the difference between pornography and art?
(a) Personal interpretation.
(c) Color photography.
(d) Bodily hair.
9. What names has Mary Moody chose for her twins?
(a) Franklin and Josephine.
(b) Frederick and Marsha.
(c) Foxcroft and Melody.
(d) Foxworth and Melanie.
10. What position does Eliot hold with the Rosewater Fire Department?
(a) Fire Lieutenant.
(b) Fire Hoseman.
(c) Fire Chief.
(d) Fire Captain.
11. What is Eliot's customary gift to newborn children?
(a) A share of stock in Eastman Kodak.
(b) A share of stock in IBM.
(c) A share of stock in Johnson and Johnson.
(d) A share of stock in General Motors.
12. On what stationery does Eliot write a letter to Sylvia from Iowa?
(a) His own personalized stationery.
(b) Paper towels from the bathroom.
(c) Loose leaf paper.
(d) Fire department stationery.
13. How old is Eliot Rosewater when Mushari begins to investigate him?
14. Why does Eliot collect pictures from magazines for his clients?
(a) He is a horder.
(b) He gives them out as birthday gifts.
(c) He finds his clients find pictures comforting.
(d) He uses them for wallpaper.
15. In the first sixteen years of the Foundation, how much money is spent?
(a) Fifty million dollars.
(b) Eighteen million dollars.
(c) Fourteen million dollars.
(d) Twenty million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stipulation of the charter of the Foundation does Mushari take interest in?
2. What does Eliot tell Sylvia he wants to do in Rosewater, Indiana?
3. What is Eliot's title with the fire department in Rosewater when he is a child?
4. Where does Eliot Rosewater attend law school?
5. Where does Eliiot Rosewater meet his wife?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)