|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stipulation of the charter of the Foundation does Mushari take interest in?
(a) Anyone caught stealing is immediately expelled.
(b) Anyone declared insane is immediately expelled.
(c) Anyone divorcing is immediately expelled.
(d) Anyone changing political parties is immediately expelled.
2. What runs through the Parthenon in the middle of the town of Rosewater?
(a) The canal and the bus terminal.
(b) The canal and The Illinois Central Railway lines.
(c) The canal and the stream outside of the mansion.
(d) The New York Central, Monon, and Nickel Plate Railroads, and the canal.
3. What happens to Sylvia after five years of living with Eliot in Rosewater?
(a) She becomes pregnant.
(b) She holds parties for the society set in Avondale.
(c) She travels to New York to shop and does not return.
(d) She has a nervous breakdown and burns down the firehouse.
4. What does Eliot do with the Foundation's money?
(a) Puts it into stocks and bonds.
(b) Puts it into buildings in New York City.
(c) Puts it into medical research, art, and helping people.
(d) Puts it into building the Golden Gate Bridge.
5. In the first sixteen years of the Foundation, how much money is spent?
(a) Twenty million dollars.
(b) Fourteen million dollars.
(c) Fifty million dollars.
(d) Eighteen million dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eliot tell Sylvia will be his "work of art?"
2. Why does Eliot's psychiatrist tell Sylvia he is resigning from Eliot's case?
3. When Sylvia and Eliot move to Rosewater, what is to the west of the Parthenon?
4. Who is next in line after Rosewater's son to become president of the Foundation?
5. What does Eliot tell Sylvia he wants to do in Rosewater, Indiana?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)