|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eliot's title with the fire department in Rosewater when he is a child?
(a) He is the youngest member of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(b) He is the spokesperson for the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(c) He is the honorary fire chief of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
(d) He is the mascot of the Volunteer Fire Department of Rosewater.
2. How does Eliot's father react when he hears of Eliot's drunken behavior?
(a) He demands that Eliot check into a hospital.
(b) He goes on a tyrade and accuses Eliot of ruining his career.
(c) He refuses to worry, stating "Eliot's got fiber, he's got spine."
(d) He tells Sylvia to take Eliot to Europe for six weeks.
3. How tall is Norman Musahri?
(a) Five feet three inches.
(b) Five feet ten inches.
(c) Five feet five inches.
(d) Six feet two inches.
4. Why does Eliot's psychiatrist tell Sylvia he is resigning from Eliot's case?
(a) Because Eliot has refused to pay for his treatment.
(b) Because Eliot has a "most massively defended neurosis."
(c) Because Eliot refuses to attend therapy sessions.
(d) Because Eliot has not spoken in a year.
5. In his first letter to Sylvia, what does Eliot say he has in common with the person he compares himself to ?
(a) They both have an important mission.
(b) They both had wives named Sylvia.
(c) They both love fire fighters.
(d) They both went mad at an early age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what town is Eliot arrested after leaving New York?
2. How does the upper-management community greet Eliot and Sylvia when they move in the old family mansion?
3. What does Eliot tell Sylvia about the fire department he has found in Iowa?
4. What is the name of the disease Dr. Brown attributes to Sylvia's nervous condition, and what does it mean?
5. When Eliot calls Sylvia from Indiana, what does he say is the one remaining independent business in the town?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)