|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What runs through the Parthenon in the middle of the town of Rosewater?
(a) The New York Central, Monon, and Nickel Plate Railroads, and the canal.
(b) The canal and the bus terminal.
(c) The canal and the stream outside of the mansion.
(d) The canal and The Illinois Central Railway lines.
2. What is the one rule Eliot knows to tell the newborn babies he is to baptize?
(a) "You've got to be rich."
(b) "You've got to be crafty."
(c) "You've got to be careful."
(d) "You've got to be kind."
3. What does the coded shorthand AW mean in Eliot's ledger?
(a) Asprin with a glass of wine.
(b) Avacado with a glass of wine.
(c) Asprin and a glass of water.
(d) Andes Mints with a shot of whiskey.
4. What happens to Sylvia after five years of living with Eliot in Rosewater?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown and burns down the firehouse.
(b) She holds parties for the society set in Avondale.
(c) She travels to New York to shop and does not return.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
5. What happens when the Rosewater Inter-State Ship Canal fails?
(a) The Rosewater family pulled out of town.
(b) The townspeople rioted and burned down the Rosewater mansion.
(c) People tried to sue the Rosewater Foundation.
(d) Investors lost their farms and Noah Rosewater bought them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of Get With Child a Mandrake Root?
2. What is a fly hunt?
3. When Sylvia and Eliot move to Rosewater, what is to the west of the Parthenon?
4. What man assumes the pseudonym of John Rosewater?
5. What does Senator Rosewater lament when Sylvia arrives in America for the divorce?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)