|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the black and yellow sticker in the phone booth in Rosewater say?
(a) "Don't Kill Yourself, Call Alcoholics Annonymous."
(b) "Don't Kill Yourself, Lose Weight Easily."
(c) "Don't Kill Yourself, Call the Rosewater Foundation."
(d) "Don't Kill Yourself, Find Jesus in Your Life."
2. What happens to Sylvia after five years of living with Eliot in Rosewater?
(a) She travels to New York to shop and does not return.
(b) She has a nervous breakdown and burns down the firehouse.
(c) She holds parties for the society set in Avondale.
(d) She becomes pregnant.
3. What is the original plan for the canal?
(a) To provide jobs along the Ohio River.
(b) To connect Chicago, Indianapolis, Rosewater and the Ohio River.
(c) To create bridge building job opportunities.
(d) To build large river boats for companies on the Ohio River.
4. Upon getting home, why does Fred give up his first thought of suicide?
(a) He thinks about his wife getting the insurance money.
(b) He thinks about his son.
(c) He thinks about his father.
(d) He thinks about the scandal.
5. What does Fred tell Caroline is above the door of the National Archives in Washington?
(a) "The past is over."
(b) "The past is prologue."
(c) "The past is the ticket to the future."
(d) "The past is meaningless without the future."
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the upper-management employees of the corporation who run the automated saw mill live?
2. What does Fred learn about himself and his family while reading the Rosewater Family History?
3. What is the one rule Eliot knows to tell the newborn babies he is to baptize?
4. What is the history of the Rosewater fire house siren?
5. What is the name of the disease Dr. Brown attributes to Sylvia's nervous condition, and what does it mean?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)