|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did "it" come to pass in May?
(a) Late April.
(b) Early May.
(c) Early June.
(d) Late May.
2. With what disease is "she" afflicted as the moon changes in The World?
3. What can the bowl in the third stanza of A Better Resurrection literally not hold?
(a) A drop of water.
(b) The love of God.
(c) A cluster of grapes.
(d) The wine of life.
4. What is the first enemy in The Three Enemies?
(a) The flesh.
(b) The Father.
(c) The world.
(d) The night.
5. According to the preacher in The One Certainty, all things are what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose blood stands between the speaker and her lover in The Convent Threshold?
2. How does the "she" of the poem stand by day in The World?
3. How long will the journey on the road take in Up-Hill?
4. How far does the road wind uphill in the poem of the same name?
5. How many beds will there be at the resting place in Up-Hill?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)