|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will the journey on the road take in Up-Hill?
(a) A year.
(b) A lifetime.
(c) All day.
(d) Half a day.
2. The first thing wondered by the poem's speaker in the first stanza of The First Spring Day is what?
(a) If frozen snowdrops feel the heat of the sun.
(b) If crocus fires are kindling.
(c) If the sap is stirring.
(d) If wintry birds are dreaming.
3. What does sister Maude lurk to do in the first stanza of Sister Maude?
(a) Totter and leer.
(b) Snicker and sneer.
(c) Hide and lie.
(d) Spy and peer.
4. How many of the birds have foregone their mates at the passing of "it" in May?
5. What is the first enemy in The Three Enemies?
(a) The night.
(b) The world.
(c) The Father.
(d) The flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does the road wind uphill in the poem of the same name?
2. What riches does the second speaker in The Three Enemies desire?
3. What are the names of the two girls the speaker of No Thank You, John says would take pity on John?
4. What is better than beauty and youth in Sweet Death?
5. How do the grave flowers shed their leaves in Sweet Death?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)