|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the second stanza of Another Spring, the speaker says she would listen to the daylight _____________.
2. Who is at the resting place of the speaker in Up-Hill?
(a) Her enemies.
(b) Other travelers.
(c) No one.
(d) Her family.
3. What color are the sheets upon which the speaker lays in the third-to-last stanza of The Convent Threshold?
4. Where does the poem's first (or only) speaker have power in A Bruised Reed Shall He Not Break?
(a) In earth and heaven above.
(b) In the hearts of all.
(c) On earth.
(d) Only in heaven above.
5. How far does the road wind uphill in the poem of the same name?
(a) All the way.
(b) Not at all.
(c) Most of the way.
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of that for which she would have to wait, the speaker says in the first stanza of Another Spring that she would at once have her chill-veined what?
2. How do the grave flowers shed their leaves in Sweet Death?
3. What is the first enemy in The Three Enemies?
4. Where do the eyes of the speaker's lover look in The Convent Threshold?
5. Upon the skirts of whom does the figure in the speaker's dream tread in The Convent Threshold?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)