|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the two girls the speaker of No Thank You, John says would take pity on John?
(a) Maggie and Nell.
(b) Susan and Sarah.
(c) Faith and Hope.
(d) Meg and Moll.
2. How many of the birds have foregone their mates at the passing of "it" in May?
3. At what place can the speaker rest at night in Up-Hill?
(a) An inn.
(b) Under the stars.
(c) A house.
(d) A mansion.
4. With what does the poem's speaker say that her sister Maude, in the poem of the same name, ought to bide?
(a) Mother and father.
(b) Patience and love.
(c) Love and peace.
(d) Death and sin.
5. What word describes the feet of the "she" in The World?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do all things end in The One Certainty?
2. The corpse of the speaker's beloved is worthy of the embrace of whom in Sister Maude?
3. Who is at the resting place of the speaker in Up-Hill?
4. Whose blood stands between the speaker and her lover in The Convent Threshold?
5. Where do the eyes of the speaker's lover look in The Convent Threshold?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)