|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following did the passing of "it" NOT leave the speaker of May?
2. How will the speaker feel at the end of her journey in Up-Hill?
(d) Not herself.
3. The speaker of the poem laments in the third stanza of Another Spring that all her past results in what word?
4. What do the youngest blossoms nourish in Sweet Death?
(a) The speaker's soul.
(b) A virgin love.
(c) An eternal joy.
(d) The rich earth.
5. In the second stanza of Another Spring, the speaker says she would listen to the daylight _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the poem's speaker implore her lover in The Convent Threshold?
2. What can the bowl in the third stanza of A Better Resurrection literally not hold?
3. What does the speaker command to sing in the second stanza of The First Spring Day?
4. What word describes the feet of the "she" in The World?
5. To what does the speaker compare her heart in the first stanza of A Better Resurrection?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)