|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dream Land, towards what direction does the poem's subject face?
2. What color blossoms does the poem's speaker pick from her apple tree in An Apple Gathering?
3. In Goblin Market, what location of significance will not grow grass?
(a) The goblin glen.
(b) Lizzie's yard.
(c) Jeanie's grave.
(d) The market.
4. At what hour do the lives of those yet living stand full in At Home?
5. What does the poem's speaker forbid her auditor in the case that he forgets her in Remember?
(b) Loving again.
6. For what reason is Nell in Maude Clare pale?
(c) Inward strife.
7. Of what has the poem's auditor planned in Remember?
(a) The future.
(b) His death.
(c) A book.
(d) A trip to Italy.
8. To which of the following does the poem's speaker insist the bird should sing in A Summer Wish?
(a) The butterfly.
(b) The sun.
(c) The sweet summer air.
(d) The passing cloud.
9. When was the deceased of An End born?
10. Of what does Maude Clare, in the poem of the same name, wash her hands?
(a) A crucifixion.
(b) A sordid hate.
(c) A disastrous affair.
(d) A paltry love.
11. On the last day of what season does the deceased of An End die?
12. In A Summer Wish, the poem's speaker wishes she could bloom her hour as a rose in spite of what?
(a) Poor soil.
(b) A lack of water.
(c) No sunlight.
13. In Dream Land, what bird does the poem's subject hear singing?
(a) A crow.
(b) A canary.
(c) A nightingale.
(d) A finch.
14. In what is cousin Kate's love writ in the poem of the same name?
15. What adjective is used to describe the door that, "opening, letting in, lets out no more" in the second stanza of Echo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What must ascend in order for shoots to be put forth in Spring?
2. What does the speaker in the first poem entitled Song say ought to be given to her?
3. What does the speaker in the first poem entitled Song say ought to be placed on the grave of those who died in their youth?
4. Where does the great lord first see cousin Kate in the poem of the same name?
5. Of what are the souls of the dream in the second stanza of Echo "brimful"?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)