|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a halcyon sea as used in A Birthday?
(a) A place which surrounds with peace and happiness.
(b) A sea full of fish.
(c) A sea filled with whirlpools.
(d) A place that induces a trance.
2. What creeps through the lattice near the poem's speaker in After Death?
(b) Ivy shadows.
3. What does the speaker in the first poem entitled Song say ought to be placed on the grave of those who died in their youth?
4. Of what does Maude Clare, in the poem of the same name, wash her hands?
(a) A crucifixion.
(b) A disastrous affair.
(c) A sordid hate.
(d) A paltry love.
5. Like what flower does one of the women singing of love bloom like in A Triad?
(a) A hyacinth.
(b) A tulip.
(c) A rose.
(d) A gardenia.
6. What does the poem's speaker do with the blossoms she picks from her apple tree in An Apple Gathering?
(a) Scatters them on the ground.
(b) Gives them to her lover.
(c) Wears them in her hair.
(d) Sews them into a dress.
7. How many eyes ought the peacocks have in A Birthday?
(c) Two thousand.
(d) One hundred.
8. In Goblin Market, with what does Laura's sister attempt to purchase the goblin fruit?
(a) Her golden locks.
(b) A silver penny.
(c) A golden vase.
(d) A song.
9. What does the speaker in the first poem entitled Song say ought to be given to those living in their prime?
10. Who is said to be dead in the first stanza in An End?
(b) The auditor.
(c) The speaker.
11. What is nursed in its grave by Death in Spring?
(a) The dying.
12. When was the deceased of An End born?
13. In the final stanza of Echo, the speaker's life is described as being cold in what?
14. At what hour do the lives of those yet living stand full in At Home?
15. For what reason is Nell in Maude Clare pale?
(a) Inward strife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker in the first poem entitled Song say ought to be given to her?
2. With what does the great lord fill the poem's speaker's heart in the first stanza of Cousin Kate?
3. At what time does the rose drop down its dew in A Summer Wish?
4. What does the speaker in the first poem entitled Song say ought to be placed on the grave of those who died in their prime?
5. In what multi part fruit should the dais be carved in A Birthday?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)