|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sister Maude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the goblins in Goblin Market react to Laura's sister's attempt to purchase their fruit?
(a) They laugh and go away.
(b) They sell the sister rotten fruit.
(c) They disappear into thin air.
(d) They beat the sister.
2. To what is the bride of the poem compared in the first stanza of Maude Clare?
(a) A queen.
(b) A matron.
(c) A village maid.
(d) A hawk.
3. Into what land does the poem's speaker say she will go in Remember?
(a) The land of whispers.
(c) The silent land.
(d) The shadow land.
4. Upon what does the poem's speaker's head rest in After Death?
(b) A tree's root.
(c) The bosom of her lover.
(d) A mossy rock.
5. What phrase is uttered by the man who leans over the poem's speaker in After Death?
(a) "Alas, my love is gone."
(b) "Poor child, poor child."
(c) "Why will you not wake?"
(d) "Death has done us part."
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the speaker lament the giving of the peace of all the days she has to live in the fourth stanza of A Pause of Thought?
2. What potentially causes the May flowers to wither in Winter: My Secret?
3. The speaker of the poem laments in the third stanza of Another Spring that all her past results in what word?
4. What does the poem's speaker forbid her auditor in the case that he forgets her in Remember?
5. At what time does the rose drop down its dew in A Summer Wish?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)