|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sister Maude.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What phrase is uttered by the man who leans over the poem's speaker in After Death?
(a) "Death has done us part."
(b) "Why will you not wake?"
(c) "Poor child, poor child."
(d) "Alas, my love is gone."
2. What do the neighbors call the poem's speaker in the 4th stanza of Cousin Kate?
(a) Good and pure.
(b) A harlot.
(c) A dove.
(d) An outcast thing.
3. What does the poem's speaker do with the blossoms she picks from her apple tree in An Apple Gathering?
(a) Scatters them on the ground.
(b) Gives them to her lover.
(c) Sews them into a dress.
(d) Wears them in her hair.
4. In After Death, what in the vicinity of the poem's speaker are half drawn?
5. Towards the end of the poem, the speaker of No Thank You, John tells John to rise above which of the following?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the speaker watch and wait in the second stanza of A Pause of Thought?
2. What do the poem's speaker's neighbors do when they see her pass empty-handed in An Apple Gathering?
3. At what hour does the sun scorch up the world in Spring?
4. In the second stanza of Another Spring, the speaker says she would listen to the daylight _____________.
5. With what did "it" pass away in May?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)