|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through After Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in After Death who leans over the poem's speaker do after moving away from her?
(a) Laugh senselessly.
(b) Weep quietly.
(c) Sing a hymn.
(d) Sob uncontrollably.
2. Upon what does the poem's speaker's head rest in After Death?
(a) A mossy rock.
(b) The bosom of her lover.
(c) A tree's root.
3. In what is cousin Kate's love writ in the poem of the same name?
4. Into what land does the poem's speaker say she will go in Remember?
(a) The silent land.
(b) The shadow land.
(d) The land of whispers.
5. Whose wings does God guide in Spring?
(a) The bright-eyed eagles'.
(b) The dipping martins'.
(c) The cleft swallows'.
(d) The vibrant cardinals'.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many women sing of love together in A Triad?
2. In At Home, of what was the speaker in comparison to the conversation of those yet living?
3. What does the poem's speaker forbid her auditor in the case that he forgets her in Remember?
4. How many eyes ought the peacocks have in A Birthday?
5. In what line does the poem turn from an exposition to a resolution in Remember?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)