|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through No Thank You John.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In A Summer Wish, the poem's speaker wishes she could bloom her hour as a rose in spite of what?
(a) A lack of water.
(c) No sunlight.
(d) Poor soil.
2. What must ascend in order for shoots to be put forth in Spring?
3. What phrase is uttered by the man who leans over the poem's speaker in After Death?
(a) "Why will you not wake?"
(b) "Poor child, poor child."
(c) "Death has done us part."
(d) "Alas, my love is gone."
4. What emotion does the man in After Death feel for the poem's speaker in the latter's posthumous condition?
5. What sprouts in the lane in Spring?
Short Answer Questions
1. Towards the end of the poem, the speaker of No Thank You, John tells John to rise above which of the following?
2. What does the speaker of No Thank You, John offer to John in lieu of love?
3. In the first stanza of Echo, the speaker demands that her auditor come to her with eyes as bright as what?
4. In the final stanza of Echo, the speaker's life is described as being cold in what?
5. What are the names of the two girls the speaker of No Thank You, John says would take pity on John?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)