|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through No Thank You John.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the final stanza of Echo, the speaker's life is described as being cold in what?
2. What does the speaker of No Thank You, John say the wanness of John's face shows?
(a) An hour-old ghost.
(b) A sincerity of feeling.
(c) A cold heart.
(d) An unacceptable pridefulness.
3. What does the man in After Death who leans over the poem's speaker do after moving away from her?
(a) Laugh senselessly.
(b) Sob uncontrollably.
(c) Sing a hymn.
(d) Weep quietly.
4. Towards the end of the poem, the speaker of No Thank You, John tells John to rise above which of the following?
5. What emotion does the man in After Death feel for the poem's speaker in the latter's posthumous condition?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the final stanza of A Summer Wish, where are the birds said to take their night rest?
2. In the first line of Echo, the speaker demands that her auditor come to her in the silence of the what?
3. In the first stanza of Echo, the speaker demands that her auditor come to her with eyes as bright as what?
4. In the second stanza of Echo, the speaker says that the dream's wakening should have been in what location?
5. What must ascend in order for shoots to be put forth in Spring?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)