|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through No Thank You John.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man in After Death who leans over the poem's speaker do after moving away from her?
(a) Weep quietly.
(b) Sing a hymn.
(c) Laugh senselessly.
(d) Sob uncontrollably.
2. In the first line of Echo, the speaker demands that her auditor come to her in the silence of the what?
3. In A Summer Wish, the poem's speaker wishes she could bloom her hour as a rose in spite of what?
(a) No sunlight.
(c) Poor soil.
(d) A lack of water.
4. What phrase is uttered by the man who leans over the poem's speaker in After Death?
(a) "Death has done us part."
(b) "Alas, my love is gone."
(c) "Poor child, poor child."
(d) "Why will you not wake?"
5. What creeps through the lattice near the poem's speaker in After Death?
(d) Ivy shadows.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the speaker of No Thank You, John offer to John in lieu of love?
2. In the final stanza of A Summer Wish, where are the birds said to rejoice?
3. Whose wings does God guide in Spring?
4. What emotion does the man in After Death feel for the poem's speaker in the latter's posthumous condition?
5. In After Death, what in the vicinity of the poem's speaker are half drawn?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)