|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Convent Threshold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the eyes of the speaker's lover look in The Convent Threshold?
(b) Nowhere fixed.
2. What happens to the golden fruit in summer, as said in the fourth stanza of Winter: My Secret?
(a) It drops overripe to the ground.
(b) It is plucked in its delicacy.
(c) It ripens to excess.
(d) It is eaten ravenously.
3. Whose blood stands between the speaker and her lover in The Convent Threshold?
4. What color is the hair of the speaker when she awakes from her dreams in the next-to-last stanza of The Convent Threshold?
5. Upon the skirts of whom does the figure in the speaker's dream tread in The Convent Threshold?
(d) The Blessed.
Short Answer Questions
1. In After Death, what in the vicinity of the poem's speaker are half drawn?
2. What color are the sheets upon which the speaker lays in the third-to-last stanza of The Convent Threshold?
3. What creeps through the lattice near the poem's speaker in After Death?
4. Upon what does the poem's speaker's head rest in After Death?
5. With what exclamation does the poem's speaker respond to her auditor's curiosity in the first stanza of Winter: My Secret?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)