|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Convent Threshold.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what exclamation does the poem's speaker respond to her auditor's curiosity in the first stanza of Winter: My Secret?
2. What does the man in After Death who leans over the poem's speaker do after moving away from her?
(a) Laugh senselessly.
(b) Weep quietly.
(c) Sing a hymn.
(d) Sob uncontrollably.
3. What color are the sheets upon which the speaker lays in the third-to-last stanza of The Convent Threshold?
4. To what does March's "peck of dust" correspond in the third stanza of Winter: My Secret?
(a) A light snowfall.
(b) A dust storm.
(c) Spring cleaning.
(d) The falling of pollen.
5. Whose blood stands between the speaker and her lover in The Convent Threshold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one want, according to the speaker in the second stanza of Winter: My Secret, on a "nipping day, a biting day"?
2. What creeps through the lattice near the poem's speaker in After Death?
3. Upon what does the poem's speaker's head rest in After Death?
4. What phrase is uttered by the man who leans over the poem's speaker in After Death?
5. To what does the poem's speaker implore her lover in The Convent Threshold?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)