Goblin Market | Dream Land
• Goblin Market is a long narrative poem which explores the topics of temptation, sin, and redemptive sacrifice. It is deeply allegorical.
• Dream Land is a poem of four eight-line stanzas which comments upon the eternal rest of death.
At Home | A Triad
• At Home portrays the theme of not having love in life as comparable to death by a postmortem reflection on being forgotten.
• A Triad briefly tells the story of three women who fail to find love in life and thus fail to live.
• Cousin Kate tells the story of a young cottage maiden who is betrayed by her lover and cousin, who marry one another after the speaker has her former lover's child.
• Spring is a poem which examines the cyclical nature of the seasons and the recurrence of death, towards which all living things hasten.
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)