|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which club employee does Hart hit on?
2. Stofsky's former professor asks if Stofsky believes in _____________________.
3. Who is going to accompany Hart on his trip?
4. What does Stofsky do when he thinks the cops will be showing up at his apartment?
5. What has Kathryn found in the apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hart's past behavior foreshadow trouble for the group?
2. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
3. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
5. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
6. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
7. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
8. What impact does Hart's dalliance with Margo have on Dinah?
9. Instead of their immature treatment of Kathryn, what is really important to Paul and Pasternak?
10. Why does Paul not even try to defend himself when Kathryn confronts him about his letters to Liza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Holmes is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Paul Hobbes. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Restlessness takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)