|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
2. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
3. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
4. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
5. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Kathryn Hobbes. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses some important instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an example of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Holmes use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)