|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
2. How long had Jack Waters been in the insane asylum?
3. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
4. What have Winnie and her boyfriend brought to Stofsky's apartment?
5. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
Essay Topic 1
The theme of the search for meaning will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the search for meaning throughout the book.
Essay Topic 2
How does Holmes use the literary technique of local color in GO: A NOVEL? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Manhattan establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 3
Holmes uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Manhattan using only your recall of Holmes' descriptions. How do you visualize the city of Manhattan now that you have read Holmes' GO: A NOVEL?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)