Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
2. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
3. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
4. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
5. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
Essay Topic 1
Holmes is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony. Briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 2
The theme of the search for meaning will be an important one in the novel. How does the author begin to build this theme? Give examples of the search for meaning throughout the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Holmes' writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in GO: A NOVEL.
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)