Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
2. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
3. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
4. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
5. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
Essay Topic 1
Restlessness takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Kathryn Hobbes. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)