|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
2. What disease does Verger have?
3. Who is Stofsky's former literature professor?
4. Why does Hart need to borrow money from Paul?
5. What news does Gene give to Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stofsky try to mend the group after the departure of Hart and Pasternak?
2. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
3. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
4. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
5. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
6. What is Verger's current state of mind after May has left him?
7. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
8. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
9. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
10. What impact does Hart's dalliance with Margo have on Dinah?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of David Stofsky. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Paul Hobbes. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Holmes' writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in GO: A NOVEL.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)