|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
2. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
3. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
4. Why could Hart not meet Margo at her apartment?
5. Why did May never kiss Verger?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
2. What impact does Hart's dalliance with Margo have on Dinah?
3. How does Stofsky try to mend the group after the departure of Hart and Pasternak?
4. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
5. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
6. Why does Paul not even try to defend himself when Kathryn confronts him about his letters to Liza?
7. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
8. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
9. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
10. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Holmes use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 2
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through some flashbacks. Why did he choose to tell his story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
Essay Topic 3
Holmes uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Manhattan using only your recall of Holmes' descriptions. How do you visualize the city of Manhattan now that you have read Holmes' GO: A NOVEL?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)