|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did May never kiss Verger?
2. What does Verger give to Ketcham to return to Stofsky?
3. Paul recognizes the man in #159 as the same guy _________________________.
4. How long had Jack Waters been in the insane asylum?
5. With whom is the woman in #123 in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul not even try to defend himself when Kathryn confronts him about his letters to Liza?
2. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
3. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
4. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
5. How does Stofsky try to mend the group after the departure of Hart and Pasternak?
6. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
7. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
8. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
9. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
10. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the setting at the beginning of the novel. Does the author paint a complete picture for the reader? What, if anything, is missing?
Essay Topic 2
Holmes uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Manhattan using only your recall of Holmes' descriptions. How do you visualize the city of Manhattan now that you have read Holmes' GO: A NOVEL?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Paul Hobbes. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)