|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
2. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
3. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
4. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
5. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years and write a brief synopsis for the lives of Paul, Kathryn, Pasternak and Stofsky. Be sure to include emotional states as well as physical characteristics, geographic locations, work, hobbies, and socialization.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of regret. Identify at least two examples about regret in the book. Then explain how each example supports the theme of regret.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Paul and Pasternak. What do they have in common? What are their primary differences? Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)