|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
2. Stofsky gets a job at ______________________.
3. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
4. How much money does Hart ask to borrow from Paul?
5. Paul sees a group of __________________ on the subway.
Short Essay Questions
1. Instead of their immature treatment of Kathryn, what is really important to Paul and Pasternak?
2. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
3. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
4. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
5. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
6. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
7. What is Verger's current state of mind after May has left him?
8. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
9. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
10. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Restlessness takes on an almost human persona in this story. What is this literary technique called? Cite examples that support this position.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the overall setting for the novel. Why does Holmes use the setting he does? What is the time period of the story? How important is the time period to the attitudes and issues of the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Holmes uses beautifully descriptive language in the book to help his readers see his world from his perspective. Without referring to the book, describe Manhattan using only your recall of Holmes' descriptions. How do you visualize the city of Manhattan now that you have read Holmes' GO: A NOVEL?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)