Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
2. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
3. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
4. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
5. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Holmes' writing style. How is he different from other writers of his time? What are some of his characteristic writing techniques? Identify some examples of his classic style in GO: A NOVEL.
Essay Topic 2
The author begins the story in the present day and tells the story through some flashbacks. Why did he choose to tell his story this way? In what way is a flashback technique more interesting for a reader? In what ways is it more complicated?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Paul and Pasternak. What do they have in common? What are their primary differences? Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)