|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stofsky finds his own poetry to be ________________.
2. Who arrives at Waters' apartment?
3. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
4. What does Paul give to Gene one night when they are at a bar?
5. Both Paul and Gene have written __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
2. How does the budding romance between Pasternak and Christine begin to mirror that of Paul and Kathryn's marriage?
3. What is Verger's current state of mind after May has left him?
4. How does Hart's past behavior foreshadow trouble for the group?
5. How does Paul's lack of self-awareness drive the attachments he makes in his life?
6. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
7. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
8. Why are Jack Waters' Existential thoughts not taken seriously?
9. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
10. What is the real reason for Paul's irritation toward Pasternak, who is sleeping late in Paul's apartment?
Essay Topic 1
How does Holmes use the literary technique of local color in GO: A NOVEL? What elements comprise local color? Give some examples of the local color in Manhattan establishments, in the characters, and in the events.
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Kathryn Hobbes. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during her lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Gene Pasternak. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
This section contains 1,734 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)