|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
(a) Fear of failure.
(b) The search for love.
(c) The beat generation.
2. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
3. Where does Dinah go the day after her fight with Hart?
4. Who is Hart Kennedy's former wife?
5. What is the name of the nightclub mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) Mad Max's.
(c) Rive Gauche.
(d) The Go Hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
2. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
3. What have Winnie and her boyfriend brought to Stofsky's apartment?
4. How long had Jack Waters been in the insane asylum?
5. Who is Peter Trimble's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
2. Why does the author position the grubby young man at the wharfside bar?
3. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
4. How does Stofsky try to mend the group after the departure of Hart and Pasternak?
5. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
6. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
7. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
8. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
9. Why is Agatson's party the worst one in the entire novel?
10. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)