|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
2. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
(b) incurable romantic.
(c) incurable heroin addict.
(d) seriously flawed human being.
3. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
(a) He punches her in the forehead.
(b) He cuts her hand.
(c) He throws a glass at her.
(d) He pinches her with pliers.
4. Stofsky's former professor asks if Stofsky believes in _____________________.
(a) American society.
(b) freedom of speech.
(c) higher education.
5. Why is Hart is such a depressed mood?
(a) Dinah is gone.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) His brother died.
(d) He missed his plane.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul sees a group of __________________ on the subway.
2. How does Paul feel after finishing his book?
3. Paul tells Gene that he _______________________ about Gene's affair with Kathryn.
4. Why does Kathryn tell Paul to get rid of the radio that Albert gave to Gene?
5. Winnie's boyfriend is a ___________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
2. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
3. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
4. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
5. How does Hart's past behavior foreshadow trouble for the group?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
7. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
8. What impact does Hart's dalliance with Margo have on Dinah?
9. After the exhaustion of Hart's wildness, what does Paul begin to think about regarding another way of finding meaning in his life?
10. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)