|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hart is such a depressed mood?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) His brother died.
(c) He missed his plane.
(d) Dinah is gone.
2. What does Stofsky do when he thinks the cops will be showing up at his apartment?
(a) Turns off all the lights.
(b) Flushes his drugs.
(c) Calls his lawyer.
(d) Grabs money and runs.
3. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(a) Airline ticket.
(d) A book.
4. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
(a) the silent type.
(b) a man among men.
(c) a real hero.
(d) a has-been.
5. What does the hip crowd consider to be its style of music?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
2. Paul says that _______________ is about feeling so deeply that you go beyond it, to the end of feeling, and to a loss of interest in everything.
3. Kathryn talks to Dinah about ______________________ Hart is.
4. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
5. Where does Gene decide to store his writing for safekeeping?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
2. How do Paul and Pasternak feel about the tension between them regarding Pasternak's affair with Kathryn?
3. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
4. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
5. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
6. What do Paul and Kathryn realize at the end of the story?
7. Instead of their immature treatment of Kathryn, what is really important to Paul and Pasternak?
8. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
9. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
10. Who seems to be the only truly loving person in this group of friends?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)