|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
(b) The search for love.
(c) Fear of failure.
(d) The beat generation.
2. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
(a) Her best friend's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her lover's.
3. Where does Dinah go the day after her fight with Hart?
4. At the news office, Stofsky writes a verse about __________________.
5. With whom is Verger in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom has Kathryn had an intimate encounter?
2. What news does Gene give to Paul?
3. What have Winnie and her boyfriend brought to Stofsky's apartment?
4. Kathryn talks to Dinah about ______________________ Hart is.
5. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
2. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
3. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
4. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
5. After the exhaustion of Hart's wildness, what does Paul begin to think about regarding another way of finding meaning in his life?
6. What is Verger's current state of mind after May has left him?
7. How do Paul and Pasternak feel about the tension between them regarding Pasternak's affair with Kathryn?
8. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
9. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
10. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)