|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days prior to his death did the person in #175 break up with his girlfriend?
2. Why did May never kiss Verger?
(a) She is a lesbian.
(b) She was afraid she would get tuberculosis.
(c) She did not love him.
(d) She was too shy.
3. Who is Stofsky's former literature professor?
4. How does Paul feel when his friends drive away in the car headed to California?
5. Why do the men look for Albert Ancke?
(a) To crash at his place.
(b) To tell him about Christine.
(c) To buy marijuana.
(d) To take him to a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
2. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
3. Why does Hart need to borrow money from Paul?
4. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
5. What does the hip crowd consider to be its style of music?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Paul and Pasternak feel about the tension between them regarding Pasternak's affair with Kathryn?
2. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
4. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
5. How does Stofsky try to mend the group after the departure of Hart and Pasternak?
6. How does Hart's past behavior foreshadow trouble for the group?
7. Why does the author position the grubby young man at the wharfside bar?
8. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
9. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
10. Who seems to be the only truly loving person in this group of friends?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)