|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who bails Stofsky out of jail?
(c) His father.
2. What holiday takes place during Chapter 6?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
3. With whom is Verger in love?
4. Who of the following is NOT going to the West Coast?
5. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
2. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
3. Paul tells Gene that he _______________________ about Gene's affair with Kathryn.
4. What do Dinah and Ed steal at the store?
5. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
2. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
3. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
4. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
5. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
6. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
7. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
8. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
9. Why does Paul not even try to defend himself when Kathryn confronts him about his letters to Liza?
10. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)