|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hart is such a depressed mood?
(a) His brother died.
(b) Dinah is gone.
(c) He missed his plane.
(d) He lost his wallet.
2. What does Stofsky do when he thinks the cops will be showing up at his apartment?
(a) Calls his lawyer.
(b) Turns off all the lights.
(c) Grabs money and runs.
(d) Flushes his drugs.
3. What disease does Verger have?
4. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(b) Airline ticket.
(c) A book.
5. What is the name of the nightclub mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) The Go Hole.
(c) Mad Max's.
(d) Rive Gauche.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
2. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
3. Why did May never kiss Verger?
4. Why does Kathryn tell Paul to get rid of the radio that Albert gave to Gene?
5. How does Christine feel about Gene at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Agatson's party the worst one in the entire novel?
2. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
3. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
4. What impact does Hart's dalliance with Margo have on Dinah?
5. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
6. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
7. Why does Paul not even try to defend himself when Kathryn confronts him about his letters to Liza?
8. How do Paul and Pasternak feel about the tension between them regarding Pasternak's affair with Kathryn?
9. Why does the author position the grubby young man at the wharfside bar?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)