|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
(a) A bar.
(b) A train station.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) Paul's apartment.
2. Why did May never kiss Verger?
(a) She was afraid she would get tuberculosis.
(b) She is a lesbian.
(c) She was too shy.
(d) She did not love him.
3. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
(a) He throws a glass at her.
(b) He punches her in the forehead.
(c) He cuts her hand.
(d) He pinches her with pliers.
4. Where does the woman in #85 live?
5. Who is killed in the subway?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dinah go the day after her fight with Hart?
2. Paul recognizes the man in #159 as the same guy _________________________.
3. Which club employee does Hart hit on?
4. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
5. Why could Hart not meet Margo at her apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the author position the grubby young man at the wharfside bar?
2. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
3. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
4. What do Paul and Kathryn realize at the end of the story?
5. How does Hart's past behavior foreshadow trouble for the group?
6. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
7. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
8. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
9. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
10. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)