|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
(a) His new apartment.
(b) The publication of his book.
(c) His last birthday.
(d) His new job.
2. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
(a) He cannot do it.
(b) There is a fire in the apartment.
(c) He cries.
(d) Kathryn walks in.
3. Which club employee does Hart hit on?
4. Paul says that _______________ is about feeling so deeply that you go beyond it, to the end of feeling, and to a loss of interest in everything.
5. Paul sees a group of __________________ on the subway.
(b) Girl Scouts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bails Stofsky out of jail?
2. How does Paul feel when his friends drive away in the car headed to California?
3. Who is Hart Kennedy's former wife?
4. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
5. What disease does Verger have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
2. Why is Agatson's party the worst one in the entire novel?
3. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
4. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
5. What is Verger's current state of mind after May has left him?
6. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
7. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
8. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
9. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
10. Instead of their immature treatment of Kathryn, what is really important to Paul and Pasternak?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)