|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Hart Kennedy's former wife?
2. Where does the woman in #85 live?
3. Paul's letters to Liza are filled with ______________________.
(c) over-romanticized nonsense.
4. Paul says that _______________ is about feeling so deeply that you go beyond it, to the end of feeling, and to a loss of interest in everything.
5. Why did May never kiss Verger?
(a) She did not love him.
(b) She is a lesbian.
(c) She was too shy.
(d) She was afraid she would get tuberculosis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following has NOT been arrested as declared by Verger?
2. Paul tells Gene that he _______________________ about Gene's affair with Kathryn.
3. How does Dinah feel about Hart's story about Margo?
4. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
5. How does Paul feel after finishing his book?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
2. Why is Agatson's party the worst one in the entire novel?
3. Why does Paul not even try to defend himself when Kathryn confronts him about his letters to Liza?
4. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
5. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
6. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
7. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
8. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
9. How do Paul and Pasternak feel about the tension between them regarding Pasternak's affair with Kathryn?
10. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)