|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What have Winnie and her boyfriend brought to Stofsky's apartment?
(a) Used clothing.
(b) Stolen items.
2. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
(a) Slit his wrists.
(b) Jumped off a building.
(c) Stole cars.
(d) Committed himself.
3. Who is Winnie's boyfriend?
(b) Little Rock.
(c) Mr. Big.
4. How long had Jack Waters been in the insane asylum?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
5. Where does Dinah work in Chapter 10?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A drugstore.
(d) A newspaper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who bails Stofsky out of jail?
2. Who is Hart Kennedy's former wife?
3. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
4. With whom is Verger in love?
5. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
2. Who seems to be the only truly loving person in this group of friends?
3. How do Paul and Pasternak feel about the tension between them regarding Pasternak's affair with Kathryn?
4. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
5. Instead of their immature treatment of Kathryn, what is really important to Paul and Pasternak?
6. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
7. Why is Agatson's party the worst one in the entire novel?
8. What do Paul and Kathryn realize at the end of the story?
9. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
10. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)