|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
(a) doomed lovers.
(b) true lovers.
(c) star-crossed lovers.
(d) eternal lovers.
2. People at Verger's party refer to marijuana as ______________.
3. How does Paul feel after finishing his book?
(d) Great joy.
4. What do Dinah and Ed steal at the store?
5. What does Albert do in Stofsky's apartment during the hours when he is awake?
(a) Tidies the apartment.
(c) Plays guitar.
(d) Watches TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
2. How many days prior to his death did the person in #175 break up with his girlfriend?
3. Who bails Stofsky out of jail?
4. At the news office, Stofsky writes a verse about __________________.
5. Who is Winnie's boyfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
2. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
3. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
4. Why is Agatson's party the worst one in the entire novel?
5. Why doesn't Paul mail the letters he writes to Liza?
6. How does Hart's past behavior foreshadow trouble for the group?
7. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
8. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
9. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
10. Instead of their immature treatment of Kathryn, what is really important to Paul and Pasternak?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)