|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
(a) He cannot do it.
(b) There is a fire in the apartment.
(c) Kathryn walks in.
(d) He cries.
2. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
(b) seriously flawed human being.
(c) incurable romantic.
(d) incurable heroin addict.
3. How long had Jack Waters been in the insane asylum?
(a) One year.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
4. What holiday takes place during Chapter 6?
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) The Fourth of July.
5. How does Paul feel when his friends drive away in the car headed to California?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a close drinking buddy of the man in #175?
2. Why did May never kiss Verger?
3. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
4. Who is Winnie's boyfriend?
5. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
2. What do Paul and Kathryn realize at the end of the story?
3. Why is Agatson's party the worst one in the entire novel?
4. How does Agatson's death demonstrate the futility of the lives of all the characters?
5. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
6. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
7. How does Stofsky try to mend the group after the departure of Hart and Pasternak?
8. Who seems to be the only truly loving person in this group of friends?
9. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
10. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)