|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to let Verger stay at his place?
2. What does Albert give Gene as collateral for a $10 loan?
(a) A jacket.
(b) A radio.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) Marble collection.
3. Why does Kathryn tell Paul to get rid of the radio that Albert gave to Gene?
(a) Because it is broken.
(b) Because she wants a new one.
(c) Because it was probably stolen.
(d) Because it takes too many batteries.
4. What does Albert do in Stofsky's apartment during the hours when he is awake?
(a) Tidies the apartment.
(b) Watches TV.
(d) Plays guitar.
5. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
Short Answer Questions
1. Winnie's boyfriend is a ___________________.
2. Where does the woman in #85 live?
3. Paul recognizes the man in #159 as the same guy _________________________.
4. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
5. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
2. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
3. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
4. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
5. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
6. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
7. What is Verger's current state of mind after May has left him?
8. After the exhaustion of Hart's wildness, what does Paul begin to think about regarding another way of finding meaning in his life?
9. How do Winnie and Little Rock disrupt the dynamic of the group?
10. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)