|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
(b) jeering at him.
2. How does Paul feel when his friends drive away in the car headed to California?
3. At the news office, Stofsky writes a verse about __________________.
4. Who is Stofsky's former literature professor?
5. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her best friend's.
(c) Her lover's.
(d) Her sister's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kathryn talks to Dinah about ______________________ Hart is.
2. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
3. How does the person in #175 die in the subway?
4. With whom is Verger in love?
5. Paul sees a group of __________________ on the subway.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Paul and Kathryn realize at the end of the story?
2. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
3. Who seems to be the only truly loving person in this group of friends?
4. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
5. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
6. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
7. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
8. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
9. What does Agatson's verbal attack on Verger mean and why does May even defend Agatson?
10. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
This section contains 1,016 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)