|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
(a) pay bills.
(b) cook dinner.
(c) tidy the apartment.
(d) do laundry.
2. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(a) random acts of kindness.
3. Who is trying to kick a morphine habit?
4. Waters raves that time is a/an __________________.
5. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
2. Who is interested in the woman in #22 at the party?
3. What does Kathryn later tell Paul when she calls him from work?
4. What is Daniel's last name?
5. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fight between the two men over a woman serve as a metaphor for what may lie ahead for Paul and Kathryn?
2. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
3. How does the author show that Kathryn is more mature than Paul?
4. What is significant about the questions asked by the characters?
5. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
6. What impact does Hart's dalliance with Margo have on Dinah?
7. After the exhaustion of Hart's wildness, what does Paul begin to think about regarding another way of finding meaning in his life?
8. How does Paul's lack of self-awareness drive the attachments he makes in his life?
9. How does Stofsky hope to help his friends with his spiritual awakening?
10. What is it about Hart that makes him become the group's leader?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)