|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bill's last name?
2. What is Daniel's last name?
3. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
(b) the devil.
4. What is Paul's last name?
5. What is the time period for GO?
(a) Late 1960s.
(b) Early 1950s.
(c) Late 1980s.
(d) Mid 1970s.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is trying to kick a morphine habit?
2. How does Paul feel when seeing the fight between the two men over the woman?
3. Stofsky's party is full of ____________________.
4. What is Gene's last name?
5. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the conversation regarding infidelity reveal about Paul and Kathryn's marriage?
2. What is the premise of GO?
3. Why are the characters unable to find any clarity or purpose to their lives?
4. What is an example of how the post-war search for meaning is taking on toll on people?
5. How does the fight between the two men over a woman serve as a metaphor for what may lie ahead for Paul and Kathryn?
6. What does Chapter 2 reveal about Paul and Kathryn's marriage and the strain that Paul's hopeful writing career places on it?
7. Who is Christine and why is she in contrast to the other characters?
8. Why are Paul and Kathryn at odds about his writing career and her job?
9. What does Paul's letter to someone named Liza signify for the plot?
10. How does Paul's lack of self-awareness drive the attachments he makes in his life?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)