|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kathryn not want to go to David's party?
(a) She has to get up early the next day.
(b) She is not interested in anyone who will be there.
(c) She has to finish a report for work.
(d) She has nothing to wear.
2. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 6 months.
3. Gene becomes deeply involved with whom?
4. Kathryn believes that Paul is more interested in ________________ than her.
(d) his friends.
5. Who helps Gene in his involvement with the woman in #55?
Short Answer Questions
1. Stofsky reads some of his poetry which was inspired by _________________________.
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
3. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
4. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
5. What does Paul give to Gene one night when they are at a bar?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the ways in which Stofsky searches for meaning in his life?
2. Why are the characters unable to find any clarity or purpose to their lives?
3. What does Paul's letter to someone named Liza signify for the plot?
4. How does the budding romance between Pasternak and Christine begin to mirror that of Paul and Kathryn's marriage?
5. Why is Pasternak standing in front of Christine's house when Stofsky and Hobbes try to find him in the bars?
6. How does the frantic behavior of the characters undermine their relationships with each other?
7. How does Paul's lack of self-awareness drive the attachments he makes in his life?
8. Why is it not out of place for someone like Stofsky to talk about psychological issues during this time period?
9. What is the premise of GO?
10. How are Paul and Kathryn at odds regarding their different emotional needs?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)