|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stofsky do when the people in #52 arrive?
(a) Hides in the closet.
(b) Pays them.
(c) Lets them search the apartment.
(d) Promises to turn down the stereo.
2. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
(a) He was enraged.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was sad.
(d) He was accepting.
3. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
(a) how they would feel if one of them had an affair.
(b) holiday plans.
(c) Paul's manuscript.
(d) their finances.
4. Paul tells Kathryn that it is _________________ for her to be attracted to someone else.
(c) a sin.
5. What is Bill's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
2. When Paul cannot concentrate on his book, he goes out because he is ______________.
3. What is Daniel's last name?
4. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
5. When Stofsky goes to see Waters, Waters desperately wants ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Stofsky try to mend the group after the departure of Hart and Pasternak?
2. What do Paul and Kathryn realize about their marriage and their life as they recover from the party the next day?
3. Why are Jack Waters' Existential thoughts not taken seriously?
4. What Biblical allusions can be drawn about Stofsky's selflessness and loving behavior?
5. How does Paul's lack of self-awareness drive the attachments he makes in his life?
6. What is the premise of GO?
7. What is the significance of the radio that Kathryn rejects and Stofsky accepts?
8. How are psychotherapy and writing compared and which seems to help the characters in the book?
9. How are Paul and Kathryn at odds regarding their different emotional needs?
10. What does the party at Stofsky's apartment serve as a metaphor for?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)