|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) An offsite meeting for work.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) A weekend cruise.
2. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
3. What branch of the service did Paul serve in during World War II?
(c) Air Force.
4. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
(a) He is going to Europe.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has quit therapy.
(d) He got a new job.
5. What is Bill's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Gene mad at the girl in #26?
2. What is Paul's last name?
3. What is the time period for GO?
4. Who is Paul's wife?
5. David says that Gene's monster is ________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hart's misbehavior highlight regarding love and the need to protect relationships?
2. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
3. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
4. Why does the author position the grubby young man at the wharfside bar?
5. What does the aimless behavior of the characters signify in the book?
6. How does Hart's past behavior foreshadow trouble for the group?
7. Why does Paul not even try to defend himself when Kathryn confronts him about his letters to Liza?
8. Who is Christine and why is she in contrast to the other characters?
9. What does Paul's letter to someone named Liza signify for the plot?
10. What lesson have Paul and Pasternak learned that maybe Stofsky still has to be enlightened about?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)