|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gene tactfully does not mention Paul's _____________________.
(a) weight gain.
(b) hair loss.
(c) supposed plan to go to Mexico.
(d) financial situation.
2. Why is Kathryn irritated at Paul when she returns home from work?
(a) Paul hasn't washed the breakfast dishes.
(b) Paul and his friends are drinking beer.
(c) Paul is not home.
(d) Paul is napping.
3. What is Arthur's last name?
4. What is the setting of GO?
(c) Los Angeles.
5. What is Paul and Kathryn's favorite restaurant?
(b) The Athens.
(c) Villa Blanca.
(d) Olive Garden.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lie does Paul tell Gene in order to get him to come out for a drink?
2. What university did Paul attend?
3. Why do Christine and Gene fight at the party?
4. In what state does Hart Kennedy live?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the budding romance between Pasternak and Christine begin to mirror that of Paul and Kathryn's marriage?
2. What does the conversation regarding infidelity reveal about Paul and Kathryn's marriage?
3. Why do the characters at the party revel in the excitement of it?
4. Why is Pasternak standing in front of Christine's house when Stofsky and Hobbes try to find him in the bars?
5. How does the frantic behavior of the characters undermine their relationships with each other?
6. What is the real reason for Paul's irritation toward Pasternak, who is sleeping late in Paul's apartment?
7. Why are Jack Waters' Existential thoughts not taken seriously?
8. Why are the characters unable to find any clarity or purpose to their lives?
9. What does Paul's letter to someone named Liza signify for the plot?
10. Why are Paul and Kathryn at odds about his writing career and her job?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)