|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Paul writing a love letter?
2. Stofsky receives a letter from ___________________ from his Merchant Marine days.
(a) Jack Waters.
(b) Jack Daniels.
(c) Jack Dennison.
(d) Jack Morton.
3. Stofsky's party is full of ____________________.
4. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
5. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
(a) He has quit therapy.
(b) He is going to Europe.
(c) He got a new job.
(d) He is getting married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gene becomes deeply involved with whom?
2. Stofsky reads some of his poetry which was inspired by _________________________.
3. Kathryn feels that she is the one who ____________________ in the marriage.
4. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
5. What nationality is Kathryn?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Paul feel the need to call Estelle?
2. How does Stofsky get validation that he must continue to love and help others?
3. What does the party at Stofsky's apartment serve as a metaphor for?
4. What is Verger's current state of mind after May has left him?
5. What Biblical allusions can be drawn about Stofsky's selflessness and loving behavior?
6. What is the real reason for Paul's irritation toward Pasternak, who is sleeping late in Paul's apartment?
7. What is the metaphor of both Hart and Pasternak wanting a road trip at this point in time?
8. Why is the Go Hole not a place that Stofsky and some other characters do not feel comfortable going?
9. How does Paul's lack of self-awareness drive the attachments he makes in his life?
10. Why are the other characters so fascinated by the arrival of Hart Kennedy?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)