Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of GO?
(c) Los Angeles.
2. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
3. What nationality is Kathryn?
4. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
(a) He is going to Europe.
(b) He got a new job.
(c) He has quit therapy.
(d) He is getting married.
5. When Paul cannot concentrate on his book, he goes out because he is ______________.
(b) lacking inspiration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arthur's last name?
2. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is Daniel's last name?
4. What is David's last name?
5. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Pasternak standing in front of Christine's house when Stofsky and Hobbes try to find him in the bars?
2. How do Paul and Pasternak feel about the tension between them regarding Pasternak's affair with Kathryn?
3. Why is Paul unaware of his true feelings about Kathryn?
4. Why are Paul and Kathryn at odds about his writing career and her job?
5. Describe the scene where Stofsky goes to see Waters in his flat and is picked up by the asylum attendants.
6. How does Paul's lack of self-awareness drive the attachments he makes in his life?
7. What is the significance of Ancke's constantly tidying up at Stofsky's apartment?
8. How does the author use foreshadowing in Agatson's invitation to his "last birthday" party?
9. Instead of their immature treatment of Kathryn, what is really important to Paul and Pasternak?
10. What is the premise of GO?
This section contains 1,078 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)