|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
(a) He throws a glass at her.
(b) He punches her in the forehead.
(c) He cuts her hand.
(d) He pinches her with pliers.
2. What do Dinah and Ed steal at the store?
3. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
4. Who is going to accompany Hart on his trip?
5. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
(a) Kathryn walks in.
(b) He cannot do it.
(c) There is a fire in the apartment.
(d) He cries.
6. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
(a) A train station.
(b) Paul's apartment.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A bar.
7. What is the name of the nightclub mentioned in Chapter 9?
(b) Rive Gauche.
(c) Mad Max's.
(d) The Go Hole.
8. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
(b) incurable romantic.
(c) seriously flawed human being.
(d) incurable heroin addict.
9. Where does Hart decide he wants to go?
10. Paul tells Gene that he _______________________ about Gene's affair with Kathryn.
(a) is furious.
(b) is happy.
(c) is not bothered.
(d) has no feelings.
11. What have Winnie and her boyfriend brought to Stofsky's apartment?
(b) Stolen items.
(d) Used clothing.
12. Where does the woman in #85 live?
13. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
(b) jeering at him.
14. What does Albert give Gene as collateral for a $10 loan?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A radio.
(d) Marble collection.
15. With whom is Verger in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
2. Who is Peter Trimble's wife?
3. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
4. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
5. Why did May never kiss Verger?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)