|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hart is such a depressed mood?
(a) His brother died.
(b) He lost his wallet.
(c) He missed his plane.
(d) Dinah is gone.
2. Why do the men look for Albert Ancke?
(a) To crash at his place.
(b) To take him to a party.
(c) To tell him about Christine.
(d) To buy marijuana.
3. What holiday takes place during Chapter 6?
(b) Memorial Day.
(c) The Fourth of July.
4. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
(a) He pinches her with pliers.
(b) He punches her in the forehead.
(c) He throws a glass at her.
(d) He cuts her hand.
5. Who is Hart Kennedy's former wife?
6. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
(d) jeering at him.
7. How does Dinah feel about Hart's story about Margo?
(a) She has no reaction.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She could not care less.
8. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
(a) a has-been.
(b) the silent type.
(c) a man among men.
(d) a real hero.
9. What does Albert do in Stofsky's apartment during the hours when he is awake?
(b) Watches TV.
(c) Plays guitar.
(d) Tidies the apartment.
10. Why does Kathryn tell Paul to get rid of the radio that Albert gave to Gene?
(a) Because it was probably stolen.
(b) Because it takes too many batteries.
(c) Because it is broken.
(d) Because she wants a new one.
11. What drug does Ben offer to Hart in Chapter 7?
12. Who is Peter Trimble's wife?
13. Which club employee does Hart hit on?
14. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
(a) incurable heroin addict.
(c) incurable romantic.
(d) seriously flawed human being.
15. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(a) A book.
(d) Airline ticket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
2. What does the hip crowd consider to be its style of music?
3. What does Verger give to Ketcham to return to Stofsky?
4. With whom is Verger in love?
5. With whom has Kathryn had an intimate encounter?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)