|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stofsky gets a job at ______________________.
(a) the Associated Press.
(b) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
(c) a coffee shop.
2. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
(a) His new job.
(b) The publication of his book.
(c) His last birthday.
(d) His new apartment.
3. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
(a) A bar.
(b) A train station.
(c) Paul's apartment.
(d) A cafeteria.
4. What do Dinah and Ed steal at the store?
5. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
(a) He cries.
(b) Kathryn walks in.
(c) He cannot do it.
(d) There is a fire in the apartment.
6. Which of the following has NOT been arrested as declared by Verger?
(c) Little Rock.
7. Why does Kathryn tell Paul to get rid of the radio that Albert gave to Gene?
(a) Because it takes too many batteries.
(b) Because it was probably stolen.
(c) Because she wants a new one.
(d) Because it is broken.
8. Why does Kathryn call Paul at Bianca's apartment?
(a) To tell him to be careful because the weather is bad.
(b) To tell him to bring home milk and eggs.
(c) To tell him she is leaving him.
(d) To tell him the lights went out.
9. How does Kathryn react to the rejection of Paul's manuscript?
(a) She is encouraging.
(b) She has no reaction.
(c) She is thoughtful.
(d) She is enraged.
10. What does Stofsky do when he thinks the cops will be showing up at his apartment?
(a) Turns off all the lights.
(b) Grabs money and runs.
(c) Calls his lawyer.
(d) Flushes his drugs.
11. What drug does Ben offer to Hart in Chapter 7?
12. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
(a) Committed himself.
(b) Stole cars.
(c) Jumped off a building.
(d) Slit his wrists.
13. How does Paul feel after finishing his book?
(b) Great joy.
14. How does Christine feel about Gene at this point?
(a) She never wants to see him again.
(b) She will take him any way she can get him.
(c) She thinks she could fall in love with him.
(d) She is in love with him.
15. Who of the following is NOT going to the West Coast?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
2. At the news office, Stofsky writes a verse about __________________.
3. What holiday takes place during Chapter 6?
4. Why does Christine call Paul?
5. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)