|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
2. What holiday takes place during Chapter 6?
(a) The Fourth of July.
(d) Memorial Day.
3. With whom has Kathryn had an intimate encounter?
4. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
5. Who is Stofsky's former literature professor?
6. What does Verger give to Ketcham to return to Stofsky?
(a) A jacket.
(b) Car keys.
(d) A book.
7. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
(a) Jumped off a building.
(b) Slit his wrists.
(c) Stole cars.
(d) Committed himself.
8. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
(a) There is a fire in the apartment.
(b) He cries.
(c) Kathryn walks in.
(d) He cannot do it.
9. Who has cut himself/herself off from the rest of the group?
10. What have Winnie and her boyfriend brought to Stofsky's apartment?
(c) Used clothing.
(d) Stolen items.
11. Why do the men look for Albert Ancke?
(a) To tell him about Christine.
(b) To crash at his place.
(c) To take him to a party.
(d) To buy marijuana.
12. What does Stofsky do when he thinks the cops will be showing up at his apartment?
(a) Grabs money and runs.
(b) Calls his lawyer.
(c) Flushes his drugs.
(d) Turns off all the lights.
13. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
(a) jeering at him.
14. Why did May never kiss Verger?
(a) She was afraid she would get tuberculosis.
(b) She did not love him.
(c) She is a lesbian.
(d) She was too shy.
15. With whom is the woman in #123 in love?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kathryn talks to Dinah about ______________________ Hart is.
2. How much money does Hart ask to borrow from Paul?
3. Why is Hart is such a depressed mood?
4. Winnie's boyfriend is a ___________________.
5. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)