|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Verger in love?
2. Why could Hart not meet Margo at her apartment?
(a) He had a change of heart.
(b) He got sick.
(c) He had the wrong apartment number.
(d) He had to take Gene home.
3. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
4. Why does Christine call Paul?
(a) Gene has ignored her for days.
(b) She wanted to talk about Kathryn.
(c) She invited Paul and Kathryn to a party.
(d) She needs marital advice.
5. Who is going to accompany Hart on his trip?
6. What does the hip crowd consider to be its style of music?
7. What does Albert do in Stofsky's apartment during the hours when he is awake?
(a) Tidies the apartment.
(c) Plays guitar.
(d) Watches TV.
8. Who is Peter Trimble's wife?
9. What is the name of the nightclub mentioned in Chapter 9?
(b) Rive Gauche.
(c) Mad Max's.
(d) The Go Hole.
10. What have Winnie and her boyfriend brought to Stofsky's apartment?
(a) Used clothing.
(b) Stolen items.
11. Stofsky's former professor asks if Stofsky believes in _____________________.
(a) higher education.
(b) American society.
(d) freedom of speech.
12. What does Albert give Gene as collateral for a $10 loan?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A radio.
(c) A jacket.
(d) Marble collection.
13. Which of the following has NOT been arrested as declared by Verger?
(c) Little Rock.
14. What news does Gene give to Paul?
(a) He is going to marry Christine.
(b) He is moving to Europe.
(c) Kathryn told him she loves him.
(d) A publisher has rejected his manuscript.
15. How long had Jack Waters been in the insane asylum?
(a) One month.
(b) One year.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was a close drinking buddy of the man in #175?
2. How does Kathryn react to the rejection of Paul's manuscript?
3. Who is Stofsky's former literature professor?
4. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
5. Stofsky calls his letters from Ketcham and Verger ______________________.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)