|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to be Paul's lover?
2. What does Agatson want Paul to help him celebrate?
(a) The publication of his book.
(b) His last birthday.
(c) His new apartment.
(d) His new job.
3. Why did May never kiss Verger?
(a) She was too shy.
(b) She is a lesbian.
(c) She did not love him.
(d) She was afraid she would get tuberculosis.
4. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
5. Kathryn talks to Dinah about ______________________ Hart is.
(a) how wild.
(b) how frugal.
(c) how handsome.
(d) how intelligent.
6. At the news office, Stofsky writes a verse about __________________.
7. Why is Hart is such a depressed mood?
(a) His brother died.
(b) Dinah is gone.
(c) He lost his wallet.
(d) He missed his plane.
8. Who is Peter Trimble's wife?
9. How does the person in #175 die in the subway?
(a) He fell down the steps of the subway station.
(b) He was stabbed.
(c) He fell onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train.
(d) He tried to climb out a window while the train was moving.
10. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
11. What do Dinah and Ed steal at the store?
12. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
13. How does Paul feel when his friends drive away in the car headed to California?
14. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
(a) eternal lovers.
(b) doomed lovers.
(c) star-crossed lovers.
(d) true lovers.
15. Who is Stofsky's former literature professor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Kathryn found in the apartment?
2. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
3. With whom is Verger in love?
4. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
5. Paul says that _______________ is about feeling so deeply that you go beyond it, to the end of feeling, and to a loss of interest in everything.
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)