|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Verger have?
2. At the news office, Stofsky writes a verse about __________________.
3. Where does the woman in #85 live?
4. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(c) Airline ticket.
(d) A book.
5. Who is Stofsky's former literature professor?
6. What news does Gene give to Paul?
(a) He is going to marry Christine.
(b) A publisher has rejected his manuscript.
(c) He is moving to Europe.
(d) Kathryn told him she loves him.
7. Who was a close drinking buddy of the man in #175?
8. With whom is the woman in #123 in love?
9. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
(a) Her best friend's.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) Her sister's.
(d) Her lover's.
10. Who agrees to let Verger stay at his place?
11. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
(a) A bar.
(b) A train station.
(c) Paul's apartment.
(d) A cafeteria.
12. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
13. Who bails Stofsky out of jail?
(d) His father.
14. How does Dinah feel about Hart's story about Margo?
(a) She is outraged.
(b) She could not care less.
(c) She has no reaction.
(d) She is amused.
15. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
(a) eternal lovers.
(b) star-crossed lovers.
(c) doomed lovers.
(d) true lovers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why could Hart not meet Margo at her apartment?
2. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
3. What does Albert do in Stofsky's apartment during the hours when he is awake?
4. Where does Gene decide to store his writing for safekeeping?
5. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)