|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kathryn talks to Dinah about ______________________ Hart is.
(a) how intelligent.
(b) how frugal.
(c) how wild.
(d) how handsome.
2. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(a) A book.
(d) Airline ticket.
3. Stofsky gets a job at ______________________.
(a) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
(b) a coffee shop.
(c) the Associated Press.
4. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
(a) He pinches her with pliers.
(b) He punches her in the forehead.
(c) He cuts her hand.
(d) He throws a glass at her.
5. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) Her sister's.
(c) Her best friend's.
(d) Her lover's.
6. Who offers to be Paul's lover?
7. Who agrees to let Verger stay at his place?
8. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
9. Why do the men look for Albert Ancke?
(a) To take him to a party.
(b) To tell him about Christine.
(c) To buy marijuana.
(d) To crash at his place.
10. Who is going to accompany Hart on his trip?
11. What does Albert give Gene as collateral for a $10 loan?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) Marble collection.
(c) A radio.
(d) A jacket.
12. How does the person in #175 die in the subway?
(a) He tried to climb out a window while the train was moving.
(b) He fell down the steps of the subway station.
(c) He fell onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train.
(d) He was stabbed.
13. With whom has Kathryn had an intimate encounter?
14. Where does Dinah work in Chapter 10?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A doctor's office.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A drugstore.
15. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Winnie's boyfriend?
2. How does Kathryn react to the rejection of Paul's manuscript?
3. Who has cut himself/herself off from the rest of the group?
4. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
5. Paul recognizes the man in #159 as the same guy _________________________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)