|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disease does Verger have?
2. Who is Peter Trimble's wife?
3. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
4. Stofsky calls his letters from Ketcham and Verger ______________________.
(a) a parting of the ways.
(b) rejection slips of the soul.
(c) wake-up calls.
5. Kathryn talks to Dinah about ______________________ Hart is.
(a) how intelligent.
(b) how handsome.
(c) how frugal.
(d) how wild.
6. Who is Winnie's boyfriend?
(a) Mr. Big.
(b) Little Rock.
7. Winnie's boyfriend is a ___________________.
(c) petty criminal.
(d) dog catcher.
8. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
(a) Her sister's.
(b) Her lover's.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) Her best friend's.
9. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
(a) eternal lovers.
(b) true lovers.
(c) star-crossed lovers.
(d) doomed lovers.
10. What does Verger give to Ketcham to return to Stofsky?
(a) Car keys.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A book.
11. What does Albert do in Stofsky's apartment during the hours when he is awake?
(a) Plays guitar.
(c) Watches TV.
(d) Tidies the apartment.
12. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
(a) The search for love.
(b) Fear of failure.
(c) The beat generation.
13. Stofsky's former professor asks if Stofsky believes in _____________________.
(a) freedom of speech.
(b) American society.
(d) higher education.
14. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
(a) a has-been.
(b) a man among men.
(c) a real hero.
(d) the silent type.
15. Why does Kathryn call Paul at Bianca's apartment?
(a) To tell him she is leaving him.
(b) To tell him the lights went out.
(c) To tell him to be careful because the weather is bad.
(d) To tell him to bring home milk and eggs.
Short Answer Questions
1. People at Verger's party refer to marijuana as ______________.
2. Where does the woman in #85 live?
3. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
4. Paul's letters to Liza are filled with ______________________.
5. What does Albert give Gene as collateral for a $10 loan?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)