|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Hart is such a depressed mood?
(a) He lost his wallet.
(b) He missed his plane.
(c) Dinah is gone.
(d) His brother died.
2. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
(a) A bar.
(b) Paul's apartment.
(c) A cafeteria.
(d) A train station.
3. Where does Hart decide he wants to go?
4. Who agrees to let Verger stay at his place?
5. Where does Gene decide to store his writing for safekeeping?
(a) His aunt's house.
(b) A wall safe.
(c) A bank.
(d) Paul's apartment.
6. Who of the following is NOT going to the West Coast?
7. Who is killed in the subway?
8. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
(a) There is a fire in the apartment.
(b) He cannot do it.
(c) He cries.
(d) Kathryn walks in.
9. Who is Peter Trimble's wife?
10. How does Christine feel about Gene at this point?
(a) She never wants to see him again.
(b) She will take him any way she can get him.
(c) She thinks she could fall in love with him.
(d) She is in love with him.
11. Where does the woman in #85 live?
12. Who is going to accompany Hart on his trip?
13. What does the hip crowd consider to be its style of music?
14. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(a) Airline ticket.
(b) A book.
15. What does Albert give Gene as collateral for a $10 loan?
(a) A jacket.
(b) Marble collection.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) A radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is the woman in #123 in love?
2. How does Paul feel when his friends drive away in the car headed to California?
3. Where does Dinah work in Chapter 10?
4. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
5. Which club employee does Hart hit on?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)