|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Winnie's boyfriend?
(a) Mr. Big.
(d) Little Rock.
2. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
(a) seriously flawed human being.
(b) incurable romantic.
(d) incurable heroin addict.
3. Who was a close drinking buddy of the man in #175?
4. Where do Gene and Paul meet in the early evening in Chapter 13?
(a) A bar.
(b) Paul's apartment.
(c) A train station.
(d) A cafeteria.
5. Stofsky says that Paul is ____________________.
(a) a has-been.
(b) a man among men.
(c) the silent type.
(d) a real hero.
6. Who bails Stofsky out of jail?
(d) His father.
7. With whom is Verger in love?
8. How much money does Stofsky leave for Verger?
9. How does Dinah feel about Hart's story about Margo?
(a) She has no reaction.
(b) She is outraged.
(c) She could not care less.
(d) She is amused.
10. Who offers to be Paul's lover?
11. What is the topic of discussion when Gene and Paul meet?
12. Stofsky gets a job at ______________________.
(a) the Associated Press.
(c) New York Presbyterian Hospital.
(d) a coffee shop.
13. Who of the following is NOT going to the West Coast?
14. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
15. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(a) Airline ticket.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
2. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
3. Stofsky's former professor asks if Stofsky believes in _____________________.
4. How much money does Hart ask to borrow from Paul?
5. Which of the following has NOT been arrested as declared by Verger?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)