|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days prior to his death did the person in #175 break up with his girlfriend?
2. Paul recognizes the man in #159 as the same guy _________________________.
(a) he pointed out to Estelle at the Go Hole.
(b) who butted in front of him in the supermarket line.
(c) gave him his seat on the subway.
(d) who ran into him on the sidewalk.
3. Why do the men look for Albert Ancke?
(a) To crash at his place.
(b) To buy marijuana.
(c) To tell him about Christine.
(d) To take him to a party.
4. How does Kathryn react to the rejection of Paul's manuscript?
(a) She has no reaction.
(b) She is encouraging.
(c) She is enraged.
(d) She is thoughtful.
5. Which club employee does Hart hit on?
6. Stofsky calls his letters from Ketcham and Verger ______________________.
(a) wake-up calls.
(c) a parting of the ways.
(d) rejection slips of the soul.
7. How does Dinah feel about Hart's story about Margo?
(a) She has no reaction.
(b) She is amused.
(c) She could not care less.
(d) She is outraged.
8. Why does Kathryn call Paul at Bianca's apartment?
(a) To tell him the lights went out.
(b) To tell him to bring home milk and eggs.
(c) To tell him she is leaving him.
(d) To tell him to be careful because the weather is bad.
9. Why could Hart not meet Margo at her apartment?
(a) He had the wrong apartment number.
(b) He got sick.
(c) He had to take Gene home.
(d) He had a change of heart.
10. What is the name of the nightclub mentioned in Chapter 9?
(a) Rive Gauche.
(c) Mad Max's.
(d) The Go Hole.
11. Why did May never kiss Verger?
(a) She was afraid she would get tuberculosis.
(b) She was too shy.
(c) She did not love him.
(d) She is a lesbian.
12. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
(a) The beat generation.
(b) The search for love.
(c) Fear of failure.
13. Stofsky's former analyst inaccurately called Stofsky a/an _______________________.
(a) incurable heroin addict.
(b) incurable romantic.
(c) seriously flawed human being.
14. Who was a close drinking buddy of the man in #175?
15. Paul tells Gene that he _______________________ about Gene's affair with Kathryn.
(a) has no feelings.
(b) is not bothered.
(c) is furious.
(d) is happy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
2. What disease does Verger have?
3. Who is killed in the subway?
4. With whom is Verger in love?
5. Where does Hart decide he wants to go?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)