|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why could Hart not meet Margo at her apartment?
(a) He got sick.
(b) He had a change of heart.
(c) He had to take Gene home.
(d) He had the wrong apartment number.
2. Where does the woman in #85 live?
3. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
4. Who offers to be Paul's lover?
5. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
(a) A book.
(c) Airline ticket.
6. What term does Paul explain to the woman in #136?
7. What disease does Verger have?
8. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
(a) Slit his wrists.
(b) Committed himself.
(c) Jumped off a building.
(d) Stole cars.
9. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
(a) jeering at him.
10. Where does Dinah work in Chapter 10?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A drugstore.
(d) A restaurant.
11. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
(a) He pinches her with pliers.
(b) He punches her in the forehead.
(c) He cuts her hand.
(d) He throws a glass at her.
12. How does the person in #175 die in the subway?
(a) He fell onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train.
(b) He fell down the steps of the subway station.
(c) He tried to climb out a window while the train was moving.
(d) He was stabbed.
13. How many days prior to his death did the person in #175 break up with his girlfriend?
14. What is the topic of discussion when Gene and Paul meet?
15. At the news office, Stofsky writes a verse about __________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does Jack Waters NOT frequently talk about?
2. How does Paul feel when his friends drive away in the car headed to California?
3. Who was a close drinking buddy of the man in #175?
4. How long had Jack Waters been in the insane asylum?
5. Why does Christine call Paul?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)