|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Verger give to Ketcham to return to Stofsky?
(a) A book.
(c) Car keys.
(d) A jacket.
2. What drug does Ben offer to Hart in Chapter 7?
3. Winnie's boyfriend is a ___________________.
(a) petty criminal.
(c) dog catcher.
4. Which of the following has NOT been arrested as declared by Verger?
(a) Little Rock.
5. Who offers to be Paul's lover?
6. What else does Paul try to explain to the woman in #136?
(a) Fear of failure.
(b) The search for love.
(c) The beat generation.
7. Who was a close drinking buddy of the man in #175?
8. How many days prior to his death did the person in #175 break up with his girlfriend?
9. Where does Hart decide he wants to go?
10. At the dismal bar, a man plays songs on a/an _________________.
11. How does Paul feel after finishing his book?
(c) Great joy.
12. With whom is the woman in #123 in love?
13. What does Albert do in Stofsky's apartment during the hours when he is awake?
(a) Tidies the apartment.
(b) Watches TV.
(d) Plays guitar.
14. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
15. Where does Gene decide to store his writing for safekeeping?
(a) A wall safe.
(b) His aunt's house.
(c) Paul's apartment.
(d) A bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had a friend recently sent to Stofsky's post office box?
2. How does Hart make Dinah bleed?
3. Paul says that _______________ is about feeling so deeply that you go beyond it, to the end of feeling, and to a loss of interest in everything.
4. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
5. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)