|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stofsky do when he thinks the cops will be showing up at his apartment?
(a) Calls his lawyer.
(b) Turns off all the lights.
(c) Grabs money and runs.
(d) Flushes his drugs.
2. Paul writes in a letter to Liza that he thinks of them as ___________________.
(a) eternal lovers.
(b) true lovers.
(c) star-crossed lovers.
(d) doomed lovers.
3. What is the topic of discussion when Gene and Paul meet?
4. Gene says that Paul is always _______________________.
(a) jeering at him.
5. How does Dinah feel about Hart's story about Margo?
(a) She is amused.
(b) She could not care less.
(c) She is outraged.
(d) She has no reaction.
6. Who does Paul call to go out for the evening?
7. Stofsky's former professor asks if Stofsky believes in _____________________.
(a) higher education.
(b) American society.
(c) freedom of speech.
8. What happens when Paul tries to make love to the woman in #136?
(a) Kathryn walks in.
(b) There is a fire in the apartment.
(c) He cannot do it.
(d) He cries.
9. With whom is Verger in love?
10. What had Hart done two years earlier while taking the drug in #97?
(a) Committed himself.
(b) Stole cars.
(c) Jumped off a building.
(d) Slit his wrists.
11. What does Verger give to Ketcham to return to Stofsky?
(b) Car keys.
(c) A jacket.
(d) A book.
12. Who agrees to let Verger stay at his place?
13. Who is the father of Winnie's baby?
14. Where does Gene decide to store his writing for safekeeping?
(a) A wall safe.
(b) Paul's apartment.
(c) His aunt's house.
(d) A bank.
15. Winnie's boyfriend is a ___________________.
(c) dog catcher.
(d) petty criminal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drug does Ben offer to Hart in Chapter 7?
2. Why does Kathryn tell Paul to get rid of the radio that Albert gave to Gene?
3. Which of the following does Jack Waters NOT frequently talk about?
4. Who is killed in the subway?
5. Where is Kathryn going for the weekend?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)