|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Stofsky's therapist?
(a) Dr. Milan.
(b) Dr. Groby.
(c) Dr. Krafft.
(d) Dr. Yohannes.
2. What is Paul's last name?
3. Why is Kathryn irritated at Paul when she returns home from work?
(a) Paul hasn't washed the breakfast dishes.
(b) Paul and his friends are drinking beer.
(c) Paul is napping.
(d) Paul is not home.
4. Why do Christine and Gene fight at the party?
(a) He is smoking marijuana.
(b) He did not remember her birthday.
(c) He wants to go home early.
(d) He is flirting with other girls.
5. Each of the characters is searching for?
(a) True love.
(b) Something to believe in.
(c) The key to their pasts.
(d) Better jobs.
6. Kathryn's support of Gene and Christine's affair shows that _______________________.
(a) she has loose morals.
(b) she tries to be a good person.
(c) her thoughts of her own marriage are changing.
(d) she likes Gene.
7. Both Paul and Gene have written __________________.
(a) a thesis.
(b) Letters to the Editor.
(d) short stories.
8. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 2 years.
9. Why had Christine called Paul earlier in the day?
(a) She wanted to invite him and Kathryn to a party.
(b) She wanted Kathryn's recipe for French Onion Soup.
(c) She wanted to know what kind of cigars to buy for Gene.
(d) She is worried that Gene is seeing another woman.
10. David says that Paul's monster is _____________________.
(a) his drug addiction.
(b) his sense of decorum.
(c) his wife.
(d) his smoking habit.
11. To whom is Paul writing a love letter?
12. What is Gene's last name?
13. Gene tactfully does not mention Paul's _____________________.
(a) supposed plan to go to Mexico.
(b) weight gain.
(c) financial situation.
(d) hair loss.
14. Kathryn feels that she is the one who ____________________ in the marriage.
(a) sacrifices the most.
(b) is more vested.
(c) loves the most.
15. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
2. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
3. Who is trying to kick a morphine habit?
4. What does Verger bring to Paul and Kathryn's party?
5. What is David organizing?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)