|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whose apartment does Paul go to later that night?
2. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
(a) He has quit therapy.
(b) He is going to Europe.
(c) He is getting married.
(d) He got a new job.
3. Gene becomes deeply involved with whom?
4. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
5. Where does Gene live with his parents?
(d) Long Island.
6. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was accepting.
(d) He was enraged.
7. Who is interested in the woman in #22 at the party?
8. What does Waters do to Stofsky's wristwatch?
(a) Sells it.
(b) Steals it.
(c) Throws it in the commode.
(d) Smashes it.
9. Stofsky finds his own poetry to be ________________.
10. The book addresses a group of young people commonly called ________________.
(a) Generation X.
(b) The Beat Generation.
11. Each of the characters is searching for?
(a) Better jobs.
(b) True love.
(c) The key to their pasts.
(d) Something to believe in.
12. When Stofsky goes to see Waters, Waters desperately wants ________________.
13. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
(a) one year.
(b) two years.
(c) eighteen months.
(d) six months.
14. Stofsky often feels unloved and freakish due to ______________________.
(a) his mother's commitment to an insane asylum.
(b) his inability to get published.
(c) his lack of true friends.
(d) his continual rejection by women.
15. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
(b) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
(c) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
(d) His therapist has raised his rates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both Paul and Gene have written __________________.
2. What is Bill's last name?
3. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
4. Who is Bianca?
5. What advice did Arthur give Gene about his novel?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)