|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David says that Gene's monster is ________________.
(a) his fear of failure.
(b) his anorexia.
(c) his mother.
(d) his alcohol addiction.
2. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
(a) one year.
(b) two years.
(c) six months.
(d) eighteen months.
3. What is the time period for GO?
(a) Early 1950s.
(b) Mid 1970s.
(c) Late 1960s.
(d) Late 1980s.
4. What is Daniel's last name?
5. Each of the characters is searching for?
(a) Something to believe in.
(b) Better jobs.
(c) True love.
(d) The key to their pasts.
6. When Paul cannot concentrate on his book, he goes out because he is ______________.
(b) lacking inspiration.
7. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
(b) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
(c) His therapist has raised his rates.
(d) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
8. Why do Christine and Gene fight at the party?
(a) He is smoking marijuana.
(b) He did not remember her birthday.
(c) He wants to go home early.
(d) He is flirting with other girls.
9. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Gene leaves his clothes all over the apartment.
(b) Gene is sleeping late.
(c) Gene has make a big mess in the kitchen.
(d) Gene has not made coffee.
10. The book addresses a group of young people commonly called ________________.
(a) Generation X.
(c) The Beat Generation.
11. What is Paul and Kathryn's favorite restaurant?
(b) The Athens.
(c) Olive Garden.
(d) Villa Blanca.
12. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
(a) Her mother's.
(b) A weekend cruise.
(c) A bed and breakfast.
(d) An offsite meeting for work.
13. Why had Christine called Paul earlier in the day?
(a) She is worried that Gene is seeing another woman.
(b) She wanted to invite him and Kathryn to a party.
(c) She wanted to know what kind of cigars to buy for Gene.
(d) She wanted Kathryn's recipe for French Onion Soup.
14. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years.
15. To whom is Paul writing a love letter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul's wife work?
2. While reading poetry, Stofsky wonders if he is having a wonderful experience or ___________________.
3. Both Paul and Gene have written __________________.
4. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
5. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)