|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Paul grow up?
2. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
3. Why does Kathryn not want to go to David's party?
(a) She is not interested in anyone who will be there.
(b) She has to finish a report for work.
(c) She has nothing to wear.
(d) She has to get up early the next day.
4. David says that Gene's monster is ________________.
(a) his anorexia.
(b) his mother.
(c) his alcohol addiction.
(d) his fear of failure.
5. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(d) random acts of kindness.
6. What nationality is Kathryn?
7. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
8. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
9. To whose apartment does Paul go to later that night?
10. What does Paul give to Gene one night when they are at a bar?
(a) His apartment key.
(b) The bar tab.
(c) A coat.
(d) His manuscript.
11. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
(c) the devil.
12. Who is Bianca?
(a) Paul's sister-in-law.
(b) Christine's friend.
(c) Kathryn's sister.
(d) Gene's landlord.
13. What is Arthur's last name?
14. Stofsky finds his own poetry to be ________________.
15. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
(b) Self involved.
(d) Ego driven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who helps Gene in his involvement with the woman in #55?
2. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
3. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
4. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
5. What is Gene's last name?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)