|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is David's last name?
2. What university did Paul attend?
3. What is the time period for GO?
(a) Early 1950s.
(b) Mid 1970s.
(c) Late 1980s.
(d) Late 1960s.
4. What does Gene spend his time doing now?
(a) Sleeping all the time.
(c) Standing across from Christine's house.
(d) Learning to speak French.
5. Gene tactfully does not mention Paul's _____________________.
(a) financial situation.
(b) supposed plan to go to Mexico.
(c) weight gain.
(d) hair loss.
6. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
(a) holiday plans.
(b) how they would feel if one of them had an affair.
(c) their finances.
(d) Paul's manuscript.
7. How does Paul feel when seeing the fight between the two men over the woman?
8. To whose apartment does Paul go to later that night?
9. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
(a) A weekend cruise.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) An offsite meeting for work.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
10. What is the setting of GO?
(d) Los Angeles.
11. Kathryn's support of Gene and Christine's affair shows that _______________________.
(a) she has loose morals.
(b) her thoughts of her own marriage are changing.
(c) she tries to be a good person.
(d) she likes Gene.
12. Who is Stofsky's therapist?
(a) Dr. Yohannes.
(b) Dr. Krafft.
(c) Dr. Milan.
(d) Dr. Groby.
13. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
14. When Stofsky goes to see Waters, Waters desperately wants ________________.
15. What does Verger bring to Paul and Kathryn's party?
(d) Chips and dip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Paul and Kathryn's favorite restaurant?
2. Who is Doctor Krafft?
3. What is Daniel's last name?
4. Paul tells Kathryn that it is _________________ for her to be attracted to someone else.
5. What is Arthur's last name?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)