|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is trying to kick a morphine habit?
2. Who does Paul kiss at the party?
3. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
(a) A weekend cruise.
(b) Her mother's.
(c) An offsite meeting for work.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
4. Kathryn's support of Gene and Christine's affair shows that _______________________.
(a) she has loose morals.
(b) her thoughts of her own marriage are changing.
(c) she tries to be a good person.
(d) she likes Gene.
5. What is Paul and Kathryn's favorite restaurant?
(a) The Athens.
(b) Villa Blanca.
(d) Olive Garden.
6. What is Bill's last name?
7. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
8. Who is Paul's wife?
9. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
10. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(d) random acts of kindness.
11. Why does Kathryn especially hate her job?
(a) Her boss yells at her.
(b) She is underutilized.
(c) The commute is too long.
(d) She doesn't make much money.
12. Kathryn feels that she is the one who ____________________ in the marriage.
(b) loves the most.
(c) is more vested.
(d) sacrifices the most.
13. In what state does Hart Kennedy live?
(d) New York.
14. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
(a) their finances.
(b) holiday plans.
(c) how they would feel if one of them had an affair.
(d) Paul's manuscript.
15. Stofsky receives a letter from ___________________ from his Merchant Marine days.
(a) Jack Waters.
(b) Jack Daniels.
(c) Jack Morton.
(d) Jack Dennison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting of GO?
2. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
3. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
4. David says that Paul's monster is _____________________.
5. Why do Christine and Gene fight at the party?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)