|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stofsky do when the people in #52 arrive?
(a) Lets them search the apartment.
(b) Hides in the closet.
(c) Promises to turn down the stereo.
(d) Pays them.
2. How does Paul feel when seeing the fight between the two men over the woman?
3. What is Bill's last name?
4. In what state does Hart Kennedy live?
(a) New York.
5. Where does Paul's wife work?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A college.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A public relations firm.
6. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
(a) A bed and breakfast.
(b) An offsite meeting for work.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) A weekend cruise.
7. What is Daniel's last name?
8. Why does Kathryn especially hate her job?
(a) She doesn't make much money.
(b) The commute is too long.
(c) She is underutilized.
(d) Her boss yells at her.
9. What is Paul and Kathryn's favorite restaurant?
(a) Olive Garden.
(c) The Athens.
(d) Villa Blanca.
10. Stofsky finds his own poetry to be ________________.
11. Gene tactfully does not mention Paul's _____________________.
(a) supposed plan to go to Mexico.
(b) hair loss.
(c) weight gain.
(d) financial situation.
12. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
(a) He was enraged.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was accepting.
(d) He was sad.
13. Kathryn's support of Gene and Christine's affair shows that _______________________.
(a) her thoughts of her own marriage are changing.
(b) she likes Gene.
(c) she has loose morals.
(d) she tries to be a good person.
14. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(c) random acts of kindness.
15. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Gene has not made coffee.
(b) Gene has make a big mess in the kitchen.
(c) Gene is sleeping late.
(d) Gene leaves his clothes all over the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is interested in the woman in #22 at the party?
2. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
3. Why is Gene mad at the girl in #26?
4. Who helps Gene in his involvement with the woman in #55?
5. What is the topic of an argument between Paul and Kathryn?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)