|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
(d) the devil.
2. What does Paul give to Gene one night when they are at a bar?
(a) A coat.
(b) His apartment key.
(c) His manuscript.
(d) The bar tab.
3. Who is interested in the woman in #22 at the party?
4. What is Paul and Kathryn's favorite restaurant?
(a) Olive Garden.
(b) The Athens.
(d) Villa Blanca.
5. Who does Paul kiss at the party?
6. What is Gene's last name?
7. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 3 years.
8. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
(a) He was enraged.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He was accepting.
(d) He had no reaction.
9. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
10. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
(a) A weekend cruise.
(b) An offsite meeting for work.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
11. In what state does Hart Kennedy live?
(d) New York.
12. Why had Christine called Paul earlier in the day?
(a) She wanted to know what kind of cigars to buy for Gene.
(b) She is worried that Gene is seeing another woman.
(c) She wanted Kathryn's recipe for French Onion Soup.
(d) She wanted to invite him and Kathryn to a party.
13. The book addresses a group of young people commonly called ________________.
(c) Generation X.
(d) The Beat Generation.
14. Stofsky's party is full of ____________________.
15. What is David organizing?
(a) A band.
(b) A party.
(c) A study group.
(d) A fundraiser.
Short Answer Questions
1. Kathryn believes that Paul is more interested in ________________ than her.
2. Why does Kathryn especially hate her job?
3. Where did Paul grow up?
4. Where does Paul's wife work?
5. Why do Christine and Gene fight at the party?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)