|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
(b) Ego driven.
(d) Self involved.
2. Stofsky finds his own poetry to be ________________.
3. What does Verger bring to Paul and Kathryn's party?
(c) Chips and dip.
4. Who is Bianca?
(a) Kathryn's sister.
(b) Christine's friend.
(c) Paul's sister-in-law.
(d) Gene's landlord.
5. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(a) random acts of kindness.
6. Arthur is devoted to whom?
7. The book addresses a group of young people commonly called ________________.
(b) Generation X.
(c) The Beat Generation.
8. Where does Gene live with his parents?
(d) Long Island.
9. What is Paul's last name?
10. Stofsky quotes a poem written by ________________.
(a) William Blake.
(b) Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
(c) e.e. cummings.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
11. To whom is Paul writing a love letter?
12. What university did Paul attend?
13. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
(a) one year.
(b) six months.
(c) two years.
(d) eighteen months.
14. Both Paul and Gene have written __________________.
(a) short stories.
(c) Letters to the Editor.
(d) a thesis.
15. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Gene has not made coffee.
(b) Gene leaves his clothes all over the apartment.
(c) Gene has make a big mess in the kitchen.
(d) Gene is sleeping late.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
2. What is David's last name?
3. Where does Paul's wife work?
4. What lie does Paul tell Gene in order to get him to come out for a drink?
5. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)