|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the time period for GO?
(a) Late 1960s.
(b) Late 1980s.
(c) Mid 1970s.
(d) Early 1950s.
2. How does Paul feel when seeing the fight between the two men over the woman?
3. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(b) random acts of kindness.
4. What lie does Paul tell Gene in order to get him to come out for a drink?
(a) His father just died.
(b) His manuscript was rejected.
(c) Kathryn has left him.
(d) He is going to Mexico in the morning.
5. Stofsky quotes a poem written by ________________.
(a) Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
(b) William Blake.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) e.e. cummings.
6. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
(a) He was accepting.
(b) He was sad.
(c) He had no reaction.
(d) He was enraged.
7. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
(a) eighteen months.
(b) two years.
(c) one year.
(d) six months.
8. What is David organizing?
(a) A band.
(b) A fundraiser.
(c) A party.
(d) A study group.
9. Where does Paul's wife work?
(a) A public relations firm.
(b) A college.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A hospital.
10. What is David's last name?
11. Why do Christine and Gene fight at the party?
(a) He wants to go home early.
(b) He is flirting with other girls.
(c) He did not remember her birthday.
(d) He is smoking marijuana.
12. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
13. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Gene has make a big mess in the kitchen.
(b) Gene is sleeping late.
(c) Gene has not made coffee.
(d) Gene leaves his clothes all over the apartment.
14. David says that Gene's monster is ________________.
(a) his anorexia.
(b) his fear of failure.
(c) his alcohol addiction.
(d) his mother.
15. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
2. What does Verger bring to Paul and Kathryn's party?
3. Where did Paul grow up?
4. Who is Bianca?
5. Stofsky often feels unloved and freakish due to ______________________.
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)