|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Stofsky receives a letter from ___________________ from his Merchant Marine days.
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Jack Morton.
(c) Jack Dennison.
(d) Jack Waters.
2. Arthur is devoted to whom?
3. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
(b) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
(c) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
(d) His therapist has raised his rates.
4. Who is Doctor Krafft?
(a) Paul's brother.
(b) David's therapist.
(c) Bill's father.
(d) Winnie's boyfriend.
5. Why had Christine called Paul earlier in the day?
(a) She is worried that Gene is seeing another woman.
(b) She wanted Kathryn's recipe for French Onion Soup.
(c) She wanted to invite him and Kathryn to a party.
(d) She wanted to know what kind of cigars to buy for Gene.
6. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(b) random acts of kindness.
7. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
(a) cook dinner.
(b) do laundry.
(c) tidy the apartment.
(d) pay bills.
8. Who is the young mother who Paul and Kathryn meet at the party?
9. Where does Gene live with his parents?
(d) Long Island.
10. Who arrives at Waters' apartment?
(a) The asylum attendants.
(b) The neighbors.
(c) The police.
(d) The Chinese take-out guy.
11. What does Kathryn later tell Paul when she calls him from work?
(a) He needs to pay the utility bills.
(b) She doesn't want Gene to bring girls to their apartment anymore.
(c) She will be leaving work early today.
(d) He needs to get some fresh vegetables at the market.
12. Who is Stofsky's therapist?
(a) Dr. Milan.
(b) Dr. Groby.
(c) Dr. Krafft.
(d) Dr. Yohannes.
13. Who is Bianca?
(a) Paul's sister-in-law.
(b) Christine's friend.
(c) Gene's landlord.
(d) Kathryn's sister.
14. Why is Kathryn irritated at Paul when she returns home from work?
(a) Paul and his friends are drinking beer.
(b) Paul is napping.
(c) Paul hasn't washed the breakfast dishes.
(d) Paul is not home.
15. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
(a) Paul's manuscript.
(b) their finances.
(c) how they would feel if one of them had an affair.
(d) holiday plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is interested in the woman in #22 at the party?
2. Stofsky reads some of his poetry which was inspired by _________________________.
3. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
4. What is Bill's last name?
5. Waters raves that time is a/an __________________.
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)