|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David says that Paul's monster is _____________________.
(a) his smoking habit.
(b) his sense of decorum.
(c) his wife.
(d) his drug addiction.
2. Why does Kathryn especially hate her job?
(a) The commute is too long.
(b) Her boss yells at her.
(c) She doesn't make much money.
(d) She is underutilized.
3. What advice did Arthur give Gene about his novel?
(a) He should cut out part of it.
(b) He should send it to the publisher.
(c) He should abandon it.
(d) He should make a couple of edits.
4. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
(a) the devil.
5. What is the setting of GO?
(d) Los Angeles.
6. Gene becomes deeply involved with whom?
7. Each of the characters is searching for?
(a) Something to believe in.
(b) The key to their pasts.
(c) True love.
(d) Better jobs.
8. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
(b) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
(c) His therapist has raised his rates.
(d) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
9. When Paul cannot concentrate on his book, he goes out because he is ______________.
(b) lacking inspiration.
10. What does Paul give to Gene one night when they are at a bar?
(a) His manuscript.
(b) A coat.
(c) His apartment key.
(d) The bar tab.
11. What is David organizing?
(a) A study group.
(b) A fundraiser.
(c) A party.
(d) A band.
12. Stofsky has now decided to believe in _________________.
(a) random acts of kindness.
13. What is David's last name?
14. David says that Gene's monster is ________________.
(a) his fear of failure.
(b) his mother.
(c) his anorexia.
(d) his alcohol addiction.
15. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
(a) how they would feel if one of them had an affair.
(b) holiday plans.
(c) Paul's manuscript.
(d) their finances.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul tells Kathryn that it is _________________ for her to be attracted to someone else.
2. What is Daniel's last name?
3. Where does Paul's wife work?
4. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
5. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)