|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announcement does Stofsky make to Paul one day?
(a) He is going to Europe.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He has quit therapy.
(d) He got a new job.
2. What is Paul's last name?
3. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
4. While reading poetry, Stofsky wonders if he is having a wonderful experience or ___________________.
(a) is tripping.
(b) is drunk.
(c) is unconscious.
(d) going crazy.
5. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 6 years.
6. Who does Paul fall in love with when he returns to Columbia after his military discharge?
7. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
8. What lie does Paul tell Gene in order to get him to come out for a drink?
(a) His father just died.
(b) Kathryn has left him.
(c) His manuscript was rejected.
(d) He is going to Mexico in the morning.
9. Why had Christine called Paul earlier in the day?
(a) She wanted to know what kind of cigars to buy for Gene.
(b) She wanted Kathryn's recipe for French Onion Soup.
(c) She is worried that Gene is seeing another woman.
(d) She wanted to invite him and Kathryn to a party.
10. Who is Paul's wife?
11. What does Waters do to Stofsky's wristwatch?
(a) Smashes it.
(b) Steals it.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Throws it in the commode.
12. What nationality is Kathryn?
13. Gene becomes deeply involved with whom?
14. Who does Paul kiss at the party?
15. Stofsky's party is full of ____________________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathryn later tell Paul when she calls him from work?
2. Paul tells Kathryn that it is _________________ for her to be attracted to someone else.
3. Gene tactfully does not mention Paul's _____________________.
4. In what state does Hart Kennedy live?
5. Who is Stofsky's therapist?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)