|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul give to Gene one night when they are at a bar?
(a) A coat.
(b) His manuscript.
(c) The bar tab.
(d) His apartment key.
2. Who is Stofsky's therapist?
(a) Dr. Groby.
(b) Dr. Yohannes.
(c) Dr. Krafft.
(d) Dr. Milan.
3. What is David organizing?
(a) A band.
(b) A study group.
(c) A fundraiser.
(d) A party.
4. Where did Paul grow up?
5. What is Gene's last name?
6. Paul tells Kathryn that it is _________________ for her to be attracted to someone else.
(d) a sin.
7. What does Waters do to Stofsky's wristwatch?
(a) Steals it.
(b) Throws it in the commode.
(c) Sells it.
(d) Smashes it.
8. The reversal of traditional roles in a marriage is _________________ for Paul and Kathryn.
9. What lie does Paul tell Gene in order to get him to come out for a drink?
(a) His father just died.
(b) He is going to Mexico in the morning.
(c) Kathryn has left him.
(d) His manuscript was rejected.
10. When Stofsky goes to see Waters, Waters desperately wants ________________.
11. Why had Christine called Paul earlier in the day?
(a) She wanted Kathryn's recipe for French Onion Soup.
(b) She wanted to invite him and Kathryn to a party.
(c) She is worried that Gene is seeing another woman.
(d) She wanted to know what kind of cigars to buy for Gene.
12. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
(b) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
(c) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
(d) His therapist has raised his rates.
13. David says that Gene's monster is ________________.
(a) his fear of failure.
(b) his anorexia.
(c) his alcohol addiction.
(d) his mother.
14. What is David's last name?
15. What advice did Arthur give Gene about his novel?
(a) He should send it to the publisher.
(b) He should abandon it.
(c) He should cut out part of it.
(d) He should make a couple of edits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
2. Kathryn believes that Paul is more interested in ________________ than her.
3. Waters raves that time is a/an __________________.
4. What is Bill's last name?
5. Each of the characters is searching for?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)