|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Kathryn's support of Gene and Christine's affair shows that _______________________.
(a) she has loose morals.
(b) she tries to be a good person.
(c) she likes Gene.
(d) her thoughts of her own marriage are changing.
2. Stofsky often feels unloved and freakish due to ______________________.
(a) his inability to get published.
(b) his lack of true friends.
(c) his continual rejection by women.
(d) his mother's commitment to an insane asylum.
3. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
(a) eighteen months.
(b) six months.
(c) two years.
(d) one year.
4. Where did Paul grow up?
5. Why is Kathryn irritated at Paul when she returns home from work?
(a) Paul is not home.
(b) Paul and his friends are drinking beer.
(c) Paul is napping.
(d) Paul hasn't washed the breakfast dishes.
6. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
(a) tidy the apartment.
(b) do laundry.
(c) pay bills.
(d) cook dinner.
7. While reading poetry, Stofsky wonders if he is having a wonderful experience or ___________________.
(a) is tripping.
(b) going crazy.
(c) is unconscious.
(d) is drunk.
8. Gene becomes deeply involved with whom?
9. Kathryn believes that Paul is more interested in ________________ than her.
(a) his friends.
10. What nationality is Kathryn?
11. Where does Paul's wife work?
(a) A hospital.
(b) A college.
(c) A public relations firm.
(d) A newspaper.
12. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
13. Where has Kathryn gone for the weekend so that Paul can write?
(a) A weekend cruise.
(b) An offsite meeting for work.
(c) Her mother's.
(d) A bed and breakfast.
14. Why is Gene mad at the girl in #26?
(a) She paid for dinner.
(b) She didn't split cab fare.
(c) She won't sleep with him.
(d) She spilled red wine on the carpet.
15. Who is the young mother who Paul and Kathryn meet at the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the service did Paul serve in during World War II?
2. Kathryn feels that she is the one who ____________________ in the marriage.
3. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
4. Stofsky quotes a poem written by ________________.
5. Gene tactfully does not mention Paul's _____________________.
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)