|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
(b) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
(c) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
(d) His therapist has raised his rates.
2. Kathryn's support of Gene and Christine's affair shows that _______________________.
(a) she tries to be a good person.
(b) she has loose morals.
(c) her thoughts of her own marriage are changing.
(d) she likes Gene.
3. To whom is Paul writing a love letter?
4. Stofsky reads some of his poetry which was inspired by _________________________.
(a) his first love.
(b) his quest for justice.
(c) the beauty of nature.
(d) a man who kicked his girlfriend to death.
5. What is David's last name?
6. What is the time period for GO?
(a) Late 1960s.
(b) Mid 1970s.
(c) Late 1980s.
(d) Early 1950s.
7. What is Bill's last name?
8. To whose apartment does Paul go to later that night?
9. Waters raves that time is a/an __________________.
10. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 6 years.
11. Stofsky's party is full of ____________________.
12. What advice did Arthur give Gene about his novel?
(a) He should send it to the publisher.
(b) He should cut out part of it.
(c) He should make a couple of edits.
(d) He should abandon it.
13. Kathryn feels that she is the one who ____________________ in the marriage.
(a) sacrifices the most.
(c) is more vested.
(d) loves the most.
14. Who arrives at Waters' apartment?
(a) The Chinese take-out guy.
(b) The asylum attendants.
(c) The police.
(d) The neighbors.
15. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
(c) the devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. While reading poetry, Stofsky wonders if he is having a wonderful experience or ___________________.
2. Who does Paul kiss at the party?
3. When Paul cannot concentrate on his book, he goes out because he is ______________.
4. Arthur is devoted to whom?
5. The book addresses a group of young people commonly called ________________.
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)