|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Both Paul and Gene have written __________________.
(a) short stories.
(b) Letters to the Editor.
(c) a thesis.
2. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
(a) one year.
(b) two years.
(c) eighteen months.
(d) six months.
3. What is David organizing?
(a) A band.
(b) A fundraiser.
(c) A study group.
(d) A party.
4. What is the time period for GO?
(a) Early 1950s.
(b) Late 1960s.
(c) Mid 1970s.
(d) Late 1980s.
5. Where does Gene live with his parents?
(a) Long Island.
6. What is the setting of GO?
(b) Los Angeles.
7. What does Stofsky do when the people in #52 arrive?
(a) Lets them search the apartment.
(b) Hides in the closet.
(c) Promises to turn down the stereo.
(d) Pays them.
8. What advice did Arthur give Gene about his novel?
(a) He should make a couple of edits.
(b) He should send it to the publisher.
(c) He should abandon it.
(d) He should cut out part of it.
9. Each of the characters is searching for?
(a) Better jobs.
(b) True love.
(c) Something to believe in.
(d) The key to their pasts.
10. What is Bill's last name?
11. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 6 months.
12. Which girl does Gene take away from the party?
13. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
(a) tidy the apartment.
(b) cook dinner.
(c) pay bills.
(d) do laundry.
14. Who is the young mother who Paul and Kathryn meet at the party?
15. Stofsky often feels unloved and freakish due to ______________________.
(a) his mother's commitment to an insane asylum.
(b) his lack of true friends.
(c) his continual rejection by women.
(d) his inability to get published.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gene becomes deeply involved with whom?
2. What does Gene spend his time doing now?
3. Who is Paul's wife?
4. Arthur is devoted to whom?
5. Who does Paul kiss at the party?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)