|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. David says that Paul's monster is _____________________.
(a) his wife.
(b) his smoking habit.
(c) his sense of decorum.
(d) his drug addiction.
2. Why had Christine called Paul earlier in the day?
(a) She wanted Kathryn's recipe for French Onion Soup.
(b) She is worried that Gene is seeing another woman.
(c) She wanted to know what kind of cigars to buy for Gene.
(d) She wanted to invite him and Kathryn to a party.
3. Why is Kathryn irritated at Paul when she returns home from work?
(a) Paul is not home.
(b) Paul hasn't washed the breakfast dishes.
(c) Paul is napping.
(d) Paul and his friends are drinking beer.
4. Who is Doctor Krafft?
(a) David's therapist.
(b) Winnie's boyfriend.
(c) Bill's father.
(d) Paul's brother.
5. David says that Gene's monster is ________________.
(a) his alcohol addiction.
(b) his anorexia.
(c) his fear of failure.
(d) his mother.
6. What is Gene's last name?
7. What is Daniel's last name?
8. Who is interested in the woman in #22 at the party?
9. What nationality is Kathryn?
10. What is Paul's last name?
11. The woman mentioned in #68 is described as __________________.
12. Who is Paul's wife?
13. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
(a) Ego driven.
(d) Self involved.
14. While reading poetry, Stofsky wonders if he is having a wonderful experience or ___________________.
(a) is unconscious.
(b) is tripping.
(c) is drunk.
(d) going crazy.
15. Stofsky quotes a poem written by ________________.
(a) Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
(b) e.e. cummings.
(c) Emily Dickinson.
(d) William Blake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the service did Paul serve in during World War II?
2. Why do Christine and Gene fight at the party?
3. Where did Paul grow up?
4. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
5. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)