|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist has raised his rates.
(b) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
(c) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
(d) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
2. In what state does Hart Kennedy live?
(c) New York.
3. How had Stofsky's father reacted when Stofsky told him he was a homosexual?
(a) He was sad.
(b) He had no reaction.
(c) He was accepting.
(d) He was enraged.
4. Who is trying to kick a morphine habit?
5. Which of the following does NOT describe the people at Stofsky's party?
(a) Self involved.
(d) Ego driven.
6. What university did Paul attend?
7. What does Gene spend his time doing now?
(a) Sleeping all the time.
(b) Learning to speak French.
(c) Standing across from Christine's house.
8. To whose apartment does Paul go to later that night?
9. Stofsky quotes a poem written by ________________.
(a) e.e. cummings.
(b) Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
(c) William Blake.
(d) Emily Dickinson.
10. Stofsky's party is full of ____________________.
11. Stofsky often feels unloved and freakish due to ______________________.
(a) his inability to get published.
(b) his mother's commitment to an insane asylum.
(c) his lack of true friends.
(d) his continual rejection by women.
12. Who is Stofsky's therapist?
(a) Dr. Groby.
(b) Dr. Yohannes.
(c) Dr. Krafft.
(d) Dr. Milan.
13. What does Paul give to Gene one night when they are at a bar?
(a) His apartment key.
(b) The bar tab.
(c) A coat.
(d) His manuscript.
14. Stofsky reads some of his poetry which was inspired by _________________________.
(a) his first love.
(b) his quest for justice.
(c) the beauty of nature.
(d) a man who kicked his girlfriend to death.
15. Who does Paul fall in love with when he returns to Columbia after his military discharge?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bianca?
2. What lie does Paul tell Gene in order to get him to come out for a drink?
3. Kathryn is _________________ older than Paul.
4. Each of the characters is searching for?
5. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)