|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Paul writing a love letter?
2. Stofsky begins to wonder if God could be __________________.
(c) the devil.
3. Where did Paul grow up?
4. What does Stofsky do when the people in #52 arrive?
(a) Promises to turn down the stereo.
(b) Pays them.
(c) Lets them search the apartment.
(d) Hides in the closet.
5. Why is Stofsky disenchanted with his therapist lately?
(a) His therapist has raised his rates.
(b) His therapist is not available when he needs him.
(c) His therapist is not sexually interested in him.
(d) His therapist seems very distracted lately.
6. What is Arthur's last name?
7. How long have Paul and Kathryn been married?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 6 years.
8. What is the topic of an argument between Paul and Kathryn?
(a) Why he drinks so much during the day.
(b) When they will move from Manhattan.
(c) When she can quit her job.
(d) When they can get a bigger apartment.
9. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
10. What is Bill's last name?
11. How does Paul feel when seeing the fight between the two men over the woman?
12. Gene tactfully does not mention Paul's _____________________.
(a) hair loss.
(b) supposed plan to go to Mexico.
(c) financial situation.
(d) weight gain.
13. The book addresses a group of young people commonly called ________________.
(c) Generation X.
(d) The Beat Generation.
14. Stofsky receives a letter from ___________________ from his Merchant Marine days.
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Jack Morton.
(c) Jack Waters.
(d) Jack Dennison.
15. What does Gene spend his time doing now?
(b) Standing across from Christine's house.
(c) Sleeping all the time.
(d) Learning to speak French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Paul's wife work?
2. To whose apartment does Paul go to later that night?
3. Who is Paul's wife?
4. What is Paul's last name?
5. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)