|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
2. Kathryn believes that Paul is more interested in ________________ than her.
(d) his friends.
3. Stofsky reads some of his poetry which was inspired by _________________________.
(a) his first love.
(b) a man who kicked his girlfriend to death.
(c) his quest for justice.
(d) the beauty of nature.
4. Why is Paul annoyed with Gene at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Gene has not made coffee.
(b) Gene has make a big mess in the kitchen.
(c) Gene leaves his clothes all over the apartment.
(d) Gene is sleeping late.
5. Stofsky receives a letter from ___________________ from his Merchant Marine days.
(a) Jack Daniels.
(b) Jack Morton.
(c) Jack Waters.
(d) Jack Dennison.
Short Answer Questions
1. David says that Paul's monster is _____________________.
2. Who is the young mother who Paul and Kathryn meet at the party?
3. What is Paul and Kathryn's favorite restaurant?
4. Who is Doctor Krafft?
5. After Gene and Christine leave the bar, Paul and Kathryn discuss ________________________.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)