|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Paul tell Gene in order to get him to come out for a drink?
(a) His manuscript was rejected.
(b) He is going to Mexico in the morning.
(c) His father just died.
(d) Kathryn has left him.
2. Where does Paul's wife work?
(a) A college.
(b) A public relations firm.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A hospital.
3. What does Kathryn later tell Paul when she calls him from work?
(a) She doesn't want Gene to bring girls to their apartment anymore.
(b) He needs to get some fresh vegetables at the market.
(c) He needs to pay the utility bills.
(d) She will be leaving work early today.
4. Waters raves that time is a/an __________________.
5. Paul feels guilty when Kathryn comes home and begins to _________________.
(a) cook dinner.
(b) do laundry.
(c) tidy the apartment.
(d) pay bills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Paul grow up?
2. When Paul cannot concentrate on his book, he goes out because he is ______________.
3. Stofsky receives a letter from ___________________ from his Merchant Marine days.
4. Why is Kathryn irritated at Paul when she returns home from work?
5. Who is the young mother who Paul and Kathryn meet at the party?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)