|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What branch of the service did Paul serve in during World War II?
(d) Air Force.
2. What literary device does the author use when describing the sight of the big man beating up the little man over a woman outside a bar?
3. Which of the following does Jack Waters NOT frequently talk about?
4. Who does Paul fall in love with when he returns to Columbia after his military discharge?
5. What does Gene spend his time doing now?
(a) Learning to speak French.
(b) Standing across from Christine's house.
(c) Sleeping all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paul take home with him at the end of the story?
2. What drug does Ben offer to Hart in Chapter 7?
3. Kathryn feels that she is the one who ____________________ in the marriage.
4. How does the person in #175 die in the subway?
5. When Stofsky goes to see Waters, Waters desperately wants ________________.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)