* As the novel opens, Paul Hobbes, a young man living in New York City, is writing a letter to someone while also being annoyed at his friend, Gene Pasternak, who is sleeping in at the Hobbes' apartment.
* Pasternak has written a manuscript of a novel and Hobbes is struggling with his own novel.
* Hobbes has a wife, Kathryn, who is at work at a public relations agency, a job she hates but it supports the couple.
* Pasternak awakens and talks with Hobbes about a party to be hosted by their friend, David Stofsky.
* Stofsky arrives and mentions other mutual friends who will be at the party--Bill Agatson, Albert Ancke, Daniel Verger and a girl named Winnie.
* Stofsky admits to telling his therapist, Dr. Krafft, that he has sexual feelings for him and Dr. Krafft replied that Stofsky is not taking...
This section contains 2,422 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)