|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women at Jean Louise's Coffee claim the NAACP is dedicated to in Part 5, Chapter 13?
2. How are Jean Louise's emotions described in the opening of Part 6, Chapter 15?
3. What word from Part 5, Chapter 14 refers to faltering hesitancy?
4. What do the initials NAACP stand for?
5. Who was Jean Louise's sixth grade teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Henry give to Jean Louise regarding the school principal in Part 6, Chapter 15?
2. Why is Jean Louise forced to face a confession in the flashback in Part 6, Chapter 15?
3. How does Jean Louise perceive the concept of “manners,” as seen in the novel?
4. What happens when Jean Louise arrives at Uncle Jack’s house in Part 5, Chapter 14?
5. What is the major conflict that arises during the Commencement Dance for Jean Louise in Part 6, Chapter 15?
6. Where does Jean Louise go and what does she think about after her father’s conversation regarding Frank’s trial in Part 4, Chapter 12?
7. What is notable about the Calpurnia’s manner of speech when Jean Louise visits her?
8. What is revealed of Jean Louise’s relationship with Calpurnia through the flashback in Part 4, Chapter 11?
9. What is Atticus Finch’s motivation for representing Frank in court?
10. Who convinces Jean Louise to attend the Commencement Dance in the flashback in Part 6, Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What earlier trial of Atticus Finch’s is referred to in Go Set a Watchman? How is this trial displayed in To Kill a Mockingbird? In what ways does the trial connect the two novels?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Jean Louise Finch and Henry Clinton in Go Set a Watchman. What is the history of these characters? For how long have they been romantically involved? What reservations does Jean Louise express regarding her relationship with Henry?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the guests at Jean Louise’s “Welcome Home” Coffee hosted by Alexandra. What views are exposed regarding the guests? How does Jean Louise fit in with this crowd of women? What are her perceptions of herself amongst Maycomb society?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)