|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress does Jean Louise wear to the junior-senior dance in Part 6, Chapter 15?
2. What is the name of Uncle Jack's cat?
(b) Rose Aylmer.
3. Who saves Jean Louise before she commits suicide in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) Henry Clinton.
(b) Jem Finch.
(c) William Willoughby.
(d) Herbert Jemson.
4. How are Jean Louise's emotions described in the opening of Part 6, Chapter 15?
(a) "In a snit."
(b) "Desperately in love."
(c) "Happy and content."
(d) "Mad, mad, mad as a hatter."
5. How does Jean Louise plan to kill herself in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) By overdosing on pills.
(b) By drowning herself in the river.
(c) By jumping off the water tank.
(d) By hanging herself in her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean Louise do after Ada Belle tells her how girls get pregnant in Part 4, Chapter 11?
2. Who is the yard man that Jean Louise recalls working for her family when she grew up?
3. What is Jean Louise immersed in when she is fourteen?
4. How old was the oldest boy in Jean Louise's sixth grade class?
5. What chore does Jean Louise set out to do when she awakens in Part 4, Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Henry justify Atticus’s membership in the Ku Klux Klan in Part 6, Chapter 16?
2. What happens when Jean Louise arrives at Uncle Jack’s house in Part 5, Chapter 14?
3. Where does Jean Louise go and what does she think about after her father’s conversation regarding Frank’s trial in Part 4, Chapter 12?
4. How does Jean Louise perceive the concept of “manners,” as seen in the novel?
5. What is Atticus Finch’s motivation for representing Frank in court?
6. What is revealed of Jean Louise’s relationship with Calpurnia through the flashback in Part 4, Chapter 11?
7. What does Jean Louise remark about New York during the Coffee in Part 5, Chapter 13?
8. Who convinces Jean Louise to attend the Commencement Dance in the flashback in Part 6, Chapter 15?
9. Why do you think Calpurnia acts as she does when Jean Louise visits her in Part 4, Chapter 12?
10. What has foreshadowed the car accident that occurs in Part 4, Chapter 12?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)