|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does Henry give to Jean Louise in Part 6, Chapter 15?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(b) Two pink camellias.
(c) A necklace.
(d) A ring.
2. What chore does Jean Louise set out to do when she awakens in Part 4, Chapter 12?
(a) Wash the car.
(b) Vacuum the house.
(c) Mow the lawn.
(d) Wash the dishes.
3. What causes Jean Louise to cry at the junior-senior dance?
(a) Her sister makes fun of her.
(b) Her shoe heel is broken.
(c) Her false bosoms have become maligned.
(d) Jem makes fun of her.
4. What is Jean Louise immersed in when she is fourteen?
(a) Teen magazines and makeup.
(b) Science fiction novels.
(c) Dresses and shoes.
(d) Victorian poetry and detective novels.
5. What is the name of the deceased judge who is described as "always askin' the ladies to leave the courtroom" in Part 5, Chapter 13?
(a) Judge Taylor.
(b) Judge Jackson.
(c) Judge Thompson.
(d) Judge Anderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do "Disgraces to Families" get sent "and shut up in a Home away from decent people," according to the narrator in Part 4, Chapter 11?
2. Why does Calpurnia say she believes Alexandra got married in Part 4, Chapter 11?
3. What word from Part 5, Chapter 14 refers to faltering hesitancy?
4. What does Jean Louise do after Ada Belle tells her how girls get pregnant in Part 4, Chapter 11?
5. How does Jean Louise plan to kill herself in Part 4, Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed of Jean Louise’s relationship with Calpurnia through the flashback in Part 4, Chapter 11?
2. Why do you think Calpurnia acts as she does when Jean Louise visits her in Part 4, Chapter 12?
3. How is the theme of identity explored in Part 5, Chapter 14?
4. Who convinces Jean Louise to attend the Commencement Dance in the flashback in Part 6, Chapter 15?
5. Why is Jean Louise forced to face a confession in the flashback in Part 6, Chapter 15?
6. What is Atticus Finch’s motivation for representing Frank in court?
7. How does Uncle Jack define his greatest fears and the fears of the Council members in Part 5, Chapter 14?
8. How would you describe Jean Louise’s perceptions of racism amongst her family and the residents of Maycomb?
9. How does Uncle Jack respond to Jean Louise’s revelations about her father in Part 5, Chapter 14?
10. What is notable about the Calpurnia’s manner of speech when Jean Louise visits her?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)