|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is described in Part 3, Chapter 8 as "the political symbol of everything [Jean Louise's] father and men like him despised"?
(a) William Willoughby.
(b) Herbert Jemson.
(c) Reverend James Edward Moorehead.
(d) Sidney Lanier.
2. What is the one time that Jean Louise wore a hat, according to the narrator in Part 3, Chapter 6?
(a) Jem's funeral.
(b) Anna's funeral.
(c) Her wedding.
(d) Calpurnia's funeral.
3. What does Atticus drink for breakfast in Part 3, Chapter 6?
4. Who is the minister at Jean Louise's family's church?
(a) Mr. Jemson.
(b) Mr. Anderson.
(c) Mr. Stone.
(d) Mr. Smith.
5. Who pretends to be a preacher in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(c) Jean Louise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Uncle Jack's full name?
2. Where does Jean Louise say Dill is currently in Part 2, Chapter 5?
3. Where do Jem, Jean Louise, and Dill play their pretend game in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. Where was the first paved road installed in Maycomb County?
5. What is Dill's real name?
Short Essay Questions
1. From what narrative perspective is Go Set a Watchman related?
2. What can be discerned of Jean Louise’s character based on her remarks about Edgar to Alexandra in Part 1, Chapter 2?
3. How does Henry describe his perceptions of his relationship with Jean Louise in Part 2, Chapter 4? How does Jean Louise respond?
4. What rumor has emerged regarding Jean Louise in Part 3, Chapter 6? How do Atticus and Alexandra respond?
5. What is revealed of Henry’s character by his remark about black drivers in Part 2, Chapter 5?
6. How does Jean Louise respond to the discoveries made about her father in Part 3?
7. What news does Jean Louise learn from Atticus and Alexandra when she arrives home in Part 1, Chapter 2?
8. Who is Mr. O’Hanlon? What is revealed of his character in Part 3, Chapter 8?
9. What is revealed of Atticus’s character in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
10. How does the theme of tradition emerge in Part 3, Chapter 6?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)