|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry and Jean Louise go after eating on their date in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) The movie theater.
(b) The Shake Shack.
(d) Finch's Landing.
2. Where do Jem, Jean Louise, and Dill play their pretend game in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) In Jem's backyard.
(b) By the cemetery.
(c) By the goldfish pond.
(d) On the school playground.
3. What time does Henry tell Jean Louise he will pick her up for their date on Sunday in Part 3, Chapter 8?
4. How old was Henry Clinton when his mother died?
5. What gossip has Alexandra heard about Jean Louise and Henry in the beginning of Part 3, Chapter 6?
(a) She heard that they went to Jackson and eloped.
(b) She heard that they were in a car accident.
(c) She heard that they swam in the river naked.
(d) She heard they were caught kissing in a barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jean Louise sleep at night in Part 2, Chapter 5?
2. What annual trip to Maycomb is Jean Louise making in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. Where did Henry start working as a clerk after school following his mother's death?
4. Who is the minister at Jean Louise's family's church?
5. Why does Jean Louise say she fears marrying the wrong man in Part 2, Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does Jean Louise learn from Atticus and Alexandra when she arrives home in Part 1, Chapter 2?
2. How is the setting of Maycomb, Alabama described in Part 2, Chapter 4?
3. What is remarked about Jean Louise’s perceptions in the end of Part 3, Chapter 10?
4. What rumor has emerged regarding Jean Louise in Part 3, Chapter 6? How do Atticus and Alexandra respond?
5. How would you describe Atticus Finch in Go Set a Watchman? How does Jean Louise perceive her father in the beginning of the novel?
6. What is revealed of Atticus’s character in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
7. How is the character of Charles Baker Harris described in Go Set a Watchman?
8. How would you describe Alexandra’s perceptions of race? How does she regard the pamphlet Jean Louise finds?
9. How would you describe Henry and Jean Louise’s past? What does the author reveal of their history through exposition in Part 1, Chapter 1?
10. Who is Jem? How is this character described? How did Jem die?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)