|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Henry and Jean Louise go after eating on their date in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) Finch's Landing.
(c) The Shake Shack.
(d) The movie theater.
2. By what nickname does Jean Louise call Henry Clinton?
3. Where does Jean Louise say Dill is currently in Part 2, Chapter 5?
4. How is Atticus Finch related to Alexandra?
(a) Alexandra is his niece.
(b) Alexandra is his sister-in-law.
(c) Alexandra is his mother.
(d) Alexandra is his sister.
5. Where do Jem, Jean Louise, and Dill play their pretend game in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
(a) By the goldfish pond.
(b) By the cemetery.
(c) In Jem's backyard.
(d) On the school playground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described in the narrative as Jean Louise's favorite game?
2. What American poet and Confederate soldier is alluded to in Part 1, Chapter 1?
3. After whom was Maycomb County named, according to the narrator in Part 1, Chapter 1?
4. Who was thrown from the car when a bump was hit on the road in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
5. What is described in Part 1, Chapter 1 as Jean Louise's "Maycomb clothes" that she puts on before arriving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is significant about Henry pointing out how Jean Louise drinks her coffee in Part 2, Chapter 4?
2. Who is Mr. O’Hanlon? What is revealed of his character in Part 3, Chapter 8?
3. From what narrative perspective is Go Set a Watchman related?
4. How would you describe Atticus Finch in Go Set a Watchman? How does Jean Louise perceive her father in the beginning of the novel?
5. How does Henry describe his perceptions of his relationship with Jean Louise in Part 2, Chapter 4? How does Jean Louise respond?
6. How does Jean Louise perceive her future with Henry in Part 1, Chapter 1?
7. What news does Jean Louise learn from Atticus and Alexandra when she arrives home in Part 1, Chapter 2?
8. What causes the game of “Revival” to be broken up in the flashback in Part 2, Chapter 5?
9. How does the theme of tradition emerge in Part 3, Chapter 6?
10. How would you describe Alexandra’s perceptions of race? How does she regard the pamphlet Jean Louise finds?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)