|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Jem been voted as in his senior class?
(a) Most Charming.
(b) Most Handsome.
(c) Most Intelligent.
(d) Most likely to succeed.
2. What is the name of Calpurnia's son?
3. Where does Jem seriously consider going to school during his senior year of high school?
(a) Abbottsville High School.
(b) Montgomery High School.
(c) Buckland High School.
(d) Sinclair High School.
4. Who is the Maycomb County High School principal when Jean Louise attends?
(a) Mr. James Tate.
(b) Mr. Frank Buckland.
(c) Mr. William Willoughby.
(d) Mr. Charles Tuffet.
5. Why is Alexandra upset with Jean Louise in the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 13?
(a) Because Jean Louise threw away the pamphlet.
(b) Because Jean Louise is returning to New York.
(c) Because Jean Louise accepted Henry's proposal.
(d) Because Jean Louise visited Calpurnia.
6. Why does Calpurnia say she believes Alexandra got married in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) "To force someone to listen to her."
(b) "To get rich."
(c) "To keep house."
(d) "To make babies."
7. What is the name of Uncle Jack's cat?
(a) Rose Aylmer.
8. Where has Francis Owen been sent in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) Francine County.
(b) Clark County.
(c) Abbott County.
(d) Memphis County.
9. Where has Francis Owen's sister been sent in Part 4, Chapter 11?
10. Who is associated with Communism by the women at the Coffee in Part 5, Chapter 13?
(a) General Robert E. Lee.
(b) Ulysses Grant.
(d) Aaron Stein.
11. What book does Jean Louise find in her house that frightens her "to mute hysteria by pictures of medieval labor chairs" in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) Arden of Faversham.
(b) Witches and Hellfire on Earth.
(c) Tomorrow's Eden.
(d) Devils, Drugs, and Doctors.
12. What does Uncle Jack feed to his cat in Part 5, Chapter 14?
(a) Fancy Feast.
(b) Sardines and crackers.
(d) Tuna and crackers.
13. What color dress does Jem's date wear to the junior-senior dance?
14. What is the name of Hester Sinclair's husband?
(a) Bill Sinclair.
(b) Jeremy Sinclair.
(c) Walter Sinclair.
(d) James Sinclair.
15. What is the name of the deceased judge who is described as "always askin' the ladies to leave the courtroom" in Part 5, Chapter 13?
(a) Judge Jackson.
(b) Judge Anderson.
(c) Judge Thompson.
(d) Judge Taylor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What percentage of the South's population does Uncle Jack claim never saw a slave much less owned one, in Part 5, Chapter 14?
2. Who saves Jean Louise before she commits suicide in Part 4, Chapter 11?
3. What is described as the "difference between Uncle Jack and the rest of 'em" in Part 6, Chapter 15?
4. Who is described as the laziest of the Old Sarum boys in Part 4, Chapter 11?
5. Where is the junior-senior dance held in Part 6, Chapter 15?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)