|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Jack feed to his cat in Part 5, Chapter 14?
(b) Sardines and crackers.
(c) Tuna and crackers.
(d) Fancy Feast.
2. What has Jem been voted as in his senior class?
(a) Most Intelligent.
(b) Most Charming.
(c) Most likely to succeed.
(d) Most Handsome.
3. When is the Junior-Senior banquet each year in Maycomb?
(a) The last Friday of June.
(b) The last Friday of May.
(c) The first Saturday of May.
(d) The last Friday of August.
4. What nickname do the students call Gladys Grierson in Part 6, Chapter 15?
(a) "Happy Butt."
(b) "Miss Piggy."
(d) "Silly Stomper."
5. What does Jean Louise call the "jolly Maycomb girls of excellent character who had never made the grade" in Part 5, Chapter 13?
(a) "The Light Brigade."
(b) "The Perennial Hopefuls."
(c) "The Diaper Crowd."
(d) "The Newlyweds."
6. How old is Jean Louise when she decides to kill herself in the flashback in Part 4, Chapter 11?
7. From where were pupils shipped in at Jean Louise's school when she was in sixth grade?
(a) Little Rock.
(c) Old Sarum.
(d) St. Louis.
8. Whom does Jem take to the junior-senior dance in Part 6, Chapter 15?
9. What do the initials NAACP stand for?
(a) National Association of African American Companies.
(b) National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
(c) National Association for the Achievement of Colored People.
(d) National Association for the Advancement of Creole People.
10. What is the name of the deceased judge who is described as "always askin' the ladies to leave the courtroom" in Part 5, Chapter 13?
(a) Judge Taylor.
(b) Judge Thompson.
(c) Judge Jackson.
(d) Judge Anderson.
11. Where do "Disgraces to Families" get sent "and shut up in a Home away from decent people," according to the narrator in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) New York.
12. What is the name of Calpurnia's son?
13. Where does Jem seriously consider going to school during his senior year of high school?
(a) Abbottsville High School.
(b) Montgomery High School.
(c) Sinclair High School.
(d) Buckland High School.
14. Where is the junior-senior dance held in Part 6, Chapter 15?
(a) The Elks Lodge.
(b) The Hilton Plaza.
(c) The Maycomb County High School cafeteria.
(d) The Maycomb County High School gymnasium.
15. At what time does the junior-senior dance end?
Short Answer Questions
1. What organization is Henry Clinton president of in his senior year of high school?
2. What does Jean Louise do after Ada Belle tells her how girls get pregnant in Part 4, Chapter 11?
3. What is the name of Hester Sinclair's black servant?
4. Of the women at Jean Louise's Coffee, what does she call those who "in their early and middle thirties, devoted most of their free time to the Amanuensis Club, bridge, and getting one-up on each other in the matter of electrical appliances"?
5. Where has Francis Owen's sister been sent in Part 4, Chapter 11?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)