|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color dress does Jean Louise wear to the junior-senior dance in Part 6, Chapter 15?
2. What causes Jean Louise to cry at the junior-senior dance?
(a) Jem makes fun of her.
(b) Her false bosoms have become maligned.
(c) Her shoe heel is broken.
(d) Her sister makes fun of her.
3. Where does Jem seriously consider going to school during his senior year of high school?
(a) Abbottsville High School.
(b) Montgomery High School.
(c) Buckland High School.
(d) Sinclair High School.
4. What is Jean Louise immersed in when she is fourteen?
(a) Teen magazines and makeup.
(b) Victorian poetry and detective novels.
(c) Science fiction novels.
(d) Dresses and shoes.
5. How does Jean Louise plan to kill herself in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) By jumping off the water tank.
(b) By drowning herself in the river.
(c) By overdosing on pills.
(d) By hanging herself in her bedroom.
6. What is the name of Uncle Jack's cat?
(a) Rose Aylmer.
7. Who saves Jean Louise before she commits suicide in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) Herbert Jemson.
(b) Jem Finch.
(c) William Willoughby.
(d) Henry Clinton.
8. How old was the oldest boy in Jean Louise's sixth grade class?
9. Of the women at Jean Louise's Coffee, what does she call those who "in their early and middle thirties, devoted most of their free time to the Amanuensis Club, bridge, and getting one-up on each other in the matter of electrical appliances"?
(a) "The Newlyweds."
(b) "The Perennial Hopefuls."
(c) "The Diaper Crowd."
(d) "The Light Brigade."
10. How long does it take for Jean Louise to master a simple box step before the dance in Part 6, Chapter 15?
(a) 2 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 30 minutes.
11. Who is the Maycomb County High School principal when Jean Louise attends?
(a) Mr. James Tate.
(b) Mr. Charles Tuffet.
(c) Mr. William Willoughby.
(d) Mr. Frank Buckland.
12. What does Jean Louise do after Ada Belle tells her how girls get pregnant in Part 4, Chapter 11?
(a) She calls home.
(b) She goes to the nurse.
(c) She tells Jem.
(d) She throws up.
13. What gift does Henry give to Jean Louise in Part 6, Chapter 15?
(a) A pair of earrings.
(b) Two pink camellias.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
14. What is described as the "difference between Uncle Jack and the rest of 'em" in Part 6, Chapter 15?
(a) "He knows his name."
(b) "He has that cat."
(c) "He knows he's crazy."
(d) "He's intelligent."
15. How old is Jean Louise when she decides to kill herself in the flashback in Part 4, Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where has Francis Owen's sister been sent in Part 4, Chapter 11?
2. Who is described by Uncle Jack in Part 5, Chapter 14 as "a Maycomb resident long noted for his independence of mind, [and] disentombed his own grandfather and extracted all his gold teeth to pay off a mortgage"?
3. What percentage of the South's population does Uncle Jack claim never saw a slave much less owned one, in Part 5, Chapter 14?
4. Why is Alexandra upset with Jean Louise in the beginning of Part 5, Chapter 13?
5. Where is the junior-senior dance held in Part 6, Chapter 15?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)