|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Joel and Anonymous that briefly makes her happy?
2. How does Anonymous describe the psychiatric hospital?
3. How does Anonymous say she feels after Joel tries to console her?
4. Of what did the narrator have a vision after eating the laced peanuts?
5. How are Anonymous's new school friends in Part 8 different from her former ones?
Essay Topic 1
Go Ask Alice contains many themes that some parents may find offensive, making them reluctant to allow their children to read it. Write a persuasive essay explaining why you think Go Ask Alice should (or shouldn't) be taught to high school students.
Essay Topic 2
Anonymous has visions of dead bodies rotting and being eaten by worms at several points during the story. Why does she fixate on that specific image? What do these visions symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)