|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anonymous go to get away from her drug dealer?
2. How does Anonymous die?
3. What does Joel give Anonymous?
4. What happy news does Anonymous get near the end of Part 7?
5. What do Anonymous's parents force her to do as a result of her arrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
2. Why is Anonymous excited about leading her piano recital?
3. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
4. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
5. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
6. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
7. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
8. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
9. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
10. What does Anonymous talk to Tim about at the beginning of Part 6, and how does Anonymous feel towards her brother afterward?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 2 of Go Ask Alice, the narrator compares herself to Alice from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland series. Read a summary of Through the Looking Glass, then compare and contrast the narrator to Alice.
Essay Topic 2
This story takes place during the early 1970's, when the counterculture played an important role in the lives of many young people. Research and describe the counterculture of the early 1970's, and explain why you think the narrator is drawn to it.
Essay Topic 3
Some readers criticize Anonymous's parents for not doing enough to keep Anonymous away from drugs. What do you think her parents could have done differently? Do you think they could have completely prevented Anonymous from using drugs?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)