|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator wonders how her younger brother would react if she:
2. What does Jan do while Anonymous is babysitting?
3. What news does Anonymous get from her piano teacher?
4. Why does Anonymous say that she is thankful for her diary?
5. How does Anonymous say she feels about doing drugs again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anonymous decide to do when she finishes high school? Do you think that this is a realistic goal (why/why not)?
2. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
3. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
4. Who is Babbie, and what is notable about her?
5. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
6. Why do you think that Anonymous is still troubled, even though she has Joel to comfort and support her?
7. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
8. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
9. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
10. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
The editor of Go Ask Alice is named Beatrice Sparks. Using at least 3 reliable sources, describe her life and her role in preparing Go Ask Alice. There should be some focus on why she is a controversial figure.
Essay Topic 3
How does the point-of-view influence the story? How would the story be different if it were written as a third-person narrative?
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)