|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anonymous's drug dealer in Oregon force her to do in exchange for drugs?
2. What do other young inmates try to convince Anonymous to do?
3. The narrator wonders how her younger brother would react if she:
4. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
5. What happens to Anonymous while she's planning her mother's surprise birthday party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
2. What do the other inmates try to force Anonymous to do, and why do you think she refuses?
3. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
4. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
5. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
6. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
7. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
8. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
9. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
10. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The narrator describes her mother in two very different ways; sometimes as a loving parents, deserving of respect and admiration, and sometimes as extremely uncaring and frigid. Describe why you think the narrator feels this way about her mother, and what role this ambivalent relationship plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
The narrator makes many friends over the course of her journey. Choose two of the characters with whom she forms a relationship, and compare and contrast their influence on her thoughts and actions.
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)