|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anonymous say that she is thankful for her diary?
2. How does Anonymous's father react to the birthday gift she gives him?
3. What surprise guest shows up at Anonymous's birthday party?
4. What happy news does Anonymous get near the end of Part 7?
5. How many offenses does the arrest in Part 5 make for Lane?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
2. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
3. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
4. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
5. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
6. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
7. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
8. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
9. What does Anonymous talk to Tim about at the beginning of Part 6, and how does Anonymous feel towards her brother afterward?
10. Why do you think that Anonymous is still troubled, even though she has Joel to comfort and support her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part 2 of Go Ask Alice, the narrator compares herself to Alice from Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland series. Read a summary of Through the Looking Glass, then compare and contrast the narrator to Alice.
Essay Topic 2
At several points in the story, the narrator resolves to stay clean and is unsuccessful. Give at least 2 reasons why you think that she cannot stay away from drugs.
Essay Topic 3
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)