|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Anonymous's new school friends in Part 8 different from her former ones?
2. What does Anonymous decide she's going to do after she graduates from high school?
3. What does Jan do while Anonymous is babysitting?
4. What does Anonymous get her father for his birthday in Part 8?
5. What does Joel say in his letter to Anonymous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
2. Why do you think that the narrator says that she's happy to be back on drugs at the beginning of Part 5?
3. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
4. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
5. Why is Anonymous excited about leading her piano recital?
6. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
7. Who is Babbie, and what is notable about her?
8. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
9. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
10. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The narrator makes many friends over the course of her journey. Choose two of the characters with whom she forms a relationship, and compare and contrast their influence on her thoughts and actions.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrator's state of mind at the beginning of the story. What kinds of traits make her vulnerable to drug abuse? What purposes do they serve for her?
Essay Topic 3
Prepare a detailed analysis of attitudes and new developments regarding psychiatry in the 1970s, and, based on your research, describe whether you think that the narrator's experience in a psychiatric hospital was a typical one.
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)