|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police raid Chris's house, what happens to Lane?
2. Where does Anonymous go to get away from her drug dealer?
3. How does Anonymous say she feels after Joel tries to console her?
4. With what were the chocolate covered peanuts that the narrator ate, laced?
5. Where does Anonymous begin to study to try to improve her grades?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Anonymous's parents react to her being arrested?
2. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
3. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
4. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
5. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
6. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
7. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
8. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
9. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
10. How does Anonymous react to being in the psychiatric hospital at first?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that the narrator's overdose was accidental or intentional? Does the overall message of the story change depending on whether or not she committed suicide? If so, how? If not, why?
Essay Topic 2
This story takes place during the early 1970's, when the counterculture played an important role in the lives of many young people. Research and describe the counterculture of the early 1970's, and explain why you think the narrator is drawn to it.
Essay Topic 3
Some readers criticize Anonymous's parents for not doing enough to keep Anonymous away from drugs. What do you think her parents could have done differently? Do you think they could have completely prevented Anonymous from using drugs?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)