|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anonymous's father tell her near the end of Part 7?
2. How does Joel react when Anonymous tells him about her history and her concerns about the drug crowd?
3. How are Anonymous's new school friends in Part 8 different from her former ones?
4. What happens to Anonymous that motivates her to tell her parents what has been going on at school?
5. How does Anonymous feel about being attracted to other women?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
2. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
3. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
4. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
5. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
6. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
7. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
8. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
9. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
10. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The narrator describes her mother in two very different ways; sometimes as a loving parents, deserving of respect and admiration, and sometimes as extremely uncaring and frigid. Describe why you think the narrator feels this way about her mother, and what role this ambivalent relationship plays in the story.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the narrator's state of mind at the beginning of the story. What kinds of traits make her vulnerable to drug abuse? What purposes do they serve for her?
Essay Topic 3
Give examples of foreshadowing in Go Ask Alice. How and why is foreshadowing used in the narrative?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)