|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Anonymous get at the beginning of Part 8?
2. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
3. Where does Anonymous go shopping in Part 8?
4. The narrator wonders how her younger brother would react if she:
5. What does Joel give Anonymous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
2. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
3. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
4. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
5. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
6. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
7. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
8. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
9. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
10. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Prepare a detailed analysis of attitudes and new developments regarding psychiatry in the 1970s, and, based on your research, describe whether you think that the narrator's experience in a psychiatric hospital was a typical one.
Essay Topic 2
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the central theme of Go Ask Alice? Give proof for your choice in the form of evidence from the text.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)