|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother do to annoy her in Part 2?
2. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
3. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
4. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
5. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
2. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
3. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
4. What kind of people hang out at Chris and Anonymous's boutique, and why does this disturb them?
5. How does Anonymous react to being in the psychiatric hospital at first?
6. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
7. Why does Anonymous decide to move to San Francisco with Chris?
8. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
9. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
10. Why does Anonymous begin to regret sleeping with Bill?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The editor of Go Ask Alice is named Beatrice Sparks. Using at least 3 reliable sources, describe her life and her role in preparing Go Ask Alice. There should be some focus on why she is a controversial figure.
Essay Topic 2
Anonymous has visions of dead bodies rotting and being eaten by worms at several points during the story. Why does she fixate on that specific image? What do these visions symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the narrator's state of mind at the beginning of the story. What kinds of traits make her vulnerable to drug abuse? What purposes do they serve for her?
This section contains 1,491 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)