|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
2. Why is the main character excited after her shopping trip in Part 2?
3. How does the narrator try to make herself feel better?
4. What is one conflict that Anonymous has with her mother?
5. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what significant event happens at Sheila's party , and what effect this event has on Chris and Anonymous.
2. What purpose do the descriptions of Tim and Alexandria's experiences at school serve?
3. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
4. At the beginning of Part 3, what makes the narrator resolve to stop taking drugs?
5. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
6. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
7. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
8. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
9. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
10. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
Essay Topic 1
Most people have preconceptions about what drug users are like. What did you think drug users were like before you read Go Ask Alice? Has reading this story changed any of your assumptions?
Essay Topic 2
The title Go Ask Alice was taken from a 1967 Jefferson Airplane song called "White Rabbit." Explain in detail how the lyrics of the song parallel the story. Be sure to give several specific examples from the text and the song.
Essay Topic 3
How does the point-of-view influence the story? How would the story be different if it were written as a third-person narrative?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)