Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
2. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
3. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
4. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
5. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
2. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
3. Why do you think that the narrator says that she's happy to be back on drugs at the beginning of Part 5?
4. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
5. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
6. Why does Anonymous decide to move to San Francisco with Chris?
7. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
8. What do Chris and Anonymous's parents think is the reason they decided to return home, and how do they react when they see them?
9. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
10. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
Essay Topic 1
Anonymous has visions of dead bodies rotting and being eaten by worms at several points during the story. Why does she fixate on that specific image? What do these visions symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
At several points in the story, the narrator resolves to stay clean and is unsuccessful. Give at least 2 reasons why you think that she cannot stay away from drugs.
Essay Topic 3
Do you think that the narrator's overdose was accidental or intentional? Does the overall message of the story change depending on whether or not she committed suicide? If so, how? If not, why?
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)