Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
2. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
3. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
4. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
5. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
2. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
3. Why do you think that the narrator says that she's happy to be back on drugs at the beginning of Part 5?
4. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
5. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
6. Why does Anonymous decide to move to San Francisco with Chris?
7. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
8. What do Chris and Anonymous's parents think is the reason they decided to return home, and how do they react when they see them?
9. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
10. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
The title Go Ask Alice was taken from a 1967 Jefferson Airplane song called "White Rabbit." Explain in detail how the lyrics of the song parallel the story. Be sure to give several specific examples from the text and the song.
What is the central theme of Go Ask Alice? Give proof for your choice in the form of evidence from the text.
Some readers criticize Anonymous's parents for not doing enough to keep Anonymous away from drugs. What do you think her parents could have done differently? Do you think they could have completely prevented Anonymous from using drugs?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)