|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
2. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
3. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
4. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
5. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
2. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
3. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
4. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
5. Why is the narrator upset at the end of Part 1?
6. What happens to excite the narrator during her stay at her grandparents', and why is she so thrilled about it?
7. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
8. Why do you think Chris and Anonymous don't share the real reasons that they ran away to San Francisco?
9. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
10. Why doesn't the main character talk to her friends or her mother about her insecurities?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book is supposedly the real diary of a teenage girl struggling with drug use. However, several critics claim that this cannot be true because the narrative seems too shaped, and the narrator seems too sophisticated. Do you agree or disagree with those critics? Explain in detail at least 3 reasons why or why not, giving examples from the text. If the story is fabricated, in whole or in part, describe whether you think that this lessens the impact of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
Essay Topic 3
The title Go Ask Alice was taken from a 1967 Jefferson Airplane song called "White Rabbit." Explain in detail how the lyrics of the song parallel the story. Be sure to give several specific examples from the text and the song.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)