|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
2. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
3. What significant event occurs at one of Sheila's parties?
4. What is narrator's father's profession?
5. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
2. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
3. Why does Anonymous begin to regret sleeping with Bill?
4. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
5. Why does the narrator stop spending time with Beth, and what does she do as a result?
6. Describe Tim and Alexandria's first experiences at their new school.
7. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
8. Why does the narrator's family have to move?
9. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
10. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Loneliness is a strong factor in why the narrator acts and thinks as she does. Why do you think that narrator is so lonely? How does this loneliness influence her actions throughout the story?
Essay Topic 2
Prepare a detailed analysis of attitudes and new developments regarding psychiatry in the 1970s, and, based on your research, describe whether you think that the narrator's experience in a psychiatric hospital was a typical one.
Essay Topic 3
The editor of Go Ask Alice is named Beatrice Sparks. Using at least 3 reliable sources, describe her life and her role in preparing Go Ask Alice. There should be some focus on why she is a controversial figure.
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)