|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anonymous react to the news from her piano teacher?
(a) She resolves to practice more.
(b) She decides to quit.
(c) She gets into an argument with her teacher.
(d) She decides to hide the news from her parents.
2. What does Anonymous get her father for his birthday in Part 8?
(a) A first-edition copy of one of his favorite books.
(b) A gold watch.
(c) A sweater and a poem.
(d) A tie.
3. What does Anonymous decide she's going to do after she graduates from high school?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Open a shelter for young people addicted to drugs.
(c) Backpack across Europe.
(d) Become a counselor for young people.
4. How does Anonymous feel about being attracted to other women?
5. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Part 7?
(a) In a psychiatric hospital.
(b) In a boarding school.
(c) In a women's prison.
(d) At her parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Chris and Anonymous punished after they are caught by the police?
2. What did the neighbors do when they found Anonymous hallucinating while she was babysitting?
3. How did Anonymous end up in Denver?
4. How does Anonymous's party for her mother turn out?
5. What does Anonymous have a fantasy about in her last entry of Part 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
2. What does Anonymous talk to Tim about at the beginning of Part 6, and how does Anonymous feel towards her brother afterward?
3. How do Anonymous's parents react to her being arrested?
4. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
5. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
6. Who is Babbie, and what is notable about her?
7. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
8. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
9. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
10. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)