|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator do when she hallucinated while babysitting?
(a) She attacked the child she was babysitting.
(b) She ran screaming down the street.
(c) She attacked the parents for whom she was working.
(d) She mutilated herself.
2. What lie did Jan tell the police about Anonymous?
(a) That Anonymous threatened to assault her.
(b) That Anonymous was trying to sell drugs at school.
(c) That Anonymous forced her to do drugs.
(d) That Anonymous stole money from her.
3. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
(a) A crutch.
(b) Her best friend.
(c) A burden to her.
(d) A hiding place for her secrets.
4. Why does Anonymous leave her apartment in Oregon?
(a) She gets caught doing drugs in her apartment.
(b) She buys a house with her roommate.
(c) The building is condemned.
(d) She can't pay the rent and gets kicked out.
5. Who is Lane?
(a) One of Anonymous's teachers.
(b) A drug dealer at school.
(c) A girl that Anonymous makes friends with in gym class.
(d) Chris's new boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary?
2. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
3. What does Anonymous's father warn her about regarding Joel?
4. What happens to Anonymous's grandparents soon after she meets Joel?
5. How does Anonymous react to the news from her piano teacher?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
2. How do Anonymous's parents react to her being arrested?
3. Who is Babbie, and what is notable about her?
4. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
5. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
6. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
7. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
8. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
9. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
10. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)