|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Anonymous get from her piano teacher?
(a) She should quit because she's not very talented.
(b) Her parents have stopped paying for her lessons.
(c) She's going to lead a recital.
(d) She's not invited to the next recital.
2. How are Chris and Anonymous punished after they are caught by the police?
(a) They are put on house arrest.
(b) They are forced to go to rehab.
(c) They are sent to a work-release program.
(d) They are put on probation.
3. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
(a) She doesn't like them.
(b) She thinks they will tell everyone her secrets.
(c) She's terrified.
(d) She hallucinates that they are her grandparents.
4. What does Lane do to Anonymous?
(a) Takes her to rehab.
(b) Beats her up.
(c) Kidnaps her.
(d) Turns her in to the principal for using drugs.
5. What does Anonymous say that she wants the most in Part 6?
(a) To be left alone to do drugs.
(b) A new car.
(c) To move out of her parents house.
(d) A normal life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anonymous describe the psychiatric hospital?
2. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
3. What happens when Chris and Anonymous go back to school at the beginning of Part 5?
4. What does Anonymous tell her brother at the beginning of Part 6?
5. Who does Anonymous get to know right before she leaves Oregon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
2. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
3. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
4. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
5. Why do you think that Anonymous is still troubled, even though she has Joel to comfort and support her?
6. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
7. How do you think the narrator ended up in Denver, and why do you think she doesn't write about it?
8. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
9. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
10. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)