|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anonymous leave her apartment in Oregon?
(a) She gets caught doing drugs in her apartment.
(b) She can't pay the rent and gets kicked out.
(c) The building is condemned.
(d) She buys a house with her roommate.
2. What are the last words that Anonymous writes in her diary?
(a) "See ya."
(b) "Bye bye."
(c) "Til next time."
(d) "Catch ya later."
3. What happens to Anonymous at school near the beginning of Part 6?
(a) She receives a note from a boy.
(b) She's harassed by the drug crowd.
(c) She makes a new friend.
(d) She fails gym class.
4. How old is Joel?
5. What does Anonymous's father tell her near the end of Part 7?
(a) Her parents have convinced Jan to retract her statement.
(b) Her brother and sister are using drugs.
(c) Joel has dropped out of school.
(d) Her parents have convinced the police to arrest Jan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
2. What surprise guest shows up at Anonymous's birthday party?
3. What does Jan do while Anonymous is babysitting?
4. Which of the following do Anonymous's parents not do following her arrest?
5. What does Anonymous's drug dealer in Oregon force her to do in exchange for drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
2. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
3. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
4. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
5. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
6. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
7. What does Anonymous decide to do when she finishes high school? Do you think that this is a realistic goal (why/why not)?
8. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
9. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
10. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)