|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
(a) She doesn't like them.
(b) She's terrified.
(c) She hallucinates that they are her grandparents.
(d) She thinks they will tell everyone her secrets.
2. What news does Anonymous's father get at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Anonymous has to go back to the hospital.
(b) Anonymous is using drugs again.
(c) He's being laid off from his job.
(d) He's going to be covering for an ill colleague at another school.
3. What did Anonymous's friend sneak her while handing out tests in class?
(b) A hall pass.
4. What concern does Anonymous have about Jan just before school starts in Part 8?
(a) She hopes Jan will leave her alone.
(b) She fears that Jan will attack her family.
(c) She hopes Jan is in jail.
(d) She hopes that she can become friends with Jan.
5. How are Chris and Anonymous punished after they are caught by the police?
(a) They are forced to go to rehab.
(b) They are put on house arrest.
(c) They are sent to a work-release program.
(d) They are put on probation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joel give Anonymous?
2. What did the narrator do when she hallucinated while babysitting?
3. What happens to Anonymous while she's planning her mother's surprise birthday party?
4. Who puts Anonymous back in touch with her parents?
5. What is the name of the young girl that Anonymous befriends at the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
2. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
3. How do Anonymous's parents react to her being arrested?
4. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
5. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
6. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
7. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
8. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
9. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
10. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)