|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
(a) They are written on scraps of paper, and have no dates.
(b) She starts a new diary.
(c) There aren't any entries for three months.
(d) She starts to write in code.
2. How are Anonymous's new school friends in Part 8 different from her former ones?
(a) They don't use drugs.
(b) They are very wealthy.
(c) They are mostly boys.
(d) They are much younger.
3. What does Anonymous decide she's going to do after she graduates from high school?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Backpack across Europe.
(c) Become a counselor for young people.
(d) Open a shelter for young people addicted to drugs.
4. What conflict does Anonymous struggle with just before school starts in Part 8?
(a) Whether she should start using again.
(b) Whether her parents really love her.
(c) Whether she should tell Fawn about her past.
(d) What she should wear on the first day.
5. What happens to Anonymous while she's planning her mother's surprise birthday party?
(a) She has an "acid flashback."
(b) Her mother finds out about they party.
(c) Her mother catches her doing drugs in her room.
(d) She breaks her mother's favorite dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anonymous at school near the beginning of Part 6?
2. What does Anonymous say that she wants the most in Part 6?
3. Who puts Anonymous back in touch with her parents?
4. Who does Anonymous get to know right before she leaves Oregon?
5. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
2. Why do you think that Anonymous is still troubled, even though she has Joel to comfort and support her?
3. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
4. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
5. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
6. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
7. What do the other inmates try to force Anonymous to do, and why do you think she refuses?
8. What does Anonymous talk to Tim about at the beginning of Part 6, and how does Anonymous feel towards her brother afterward?
9. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
10. Why is Anonymous excited about leading her piano recital?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)