|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anonymous say she feels after Joel tries to console her?
(a) She feels angry.
(b) She feels hopeful.
(c) She still feels terrible.
(d) She feels much better.
2. What did Anonymous's friend sneak her while handing out tests in class?
(d) A hall pass.
3. Who committed Anonymous to the hospital?
(a) The community rallied for her to go.
(b) A judge.
(d) Her parents.
4. What does Anonymous's father warn her about regarding Joel?
(a) He warns her that he is a drug addict.
(b) He warns her that he won't like her.
(c) He warns her that he already has a girlfriend.
(d) He warns her not to distract him from his studies.
5. Who is Lane?
(a) Chris's new boyfriend.
(b) A girl that Anonymous makes friends with in gym class.
(c) A drug dealer at school.
(d) One of Anonymous's teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jan do while Anonymous is babysitting?
2. How does Anonymous feel about being attracted to other women?
3. How does Anonymous's party for her mother turn out?
4. What surprise guest shows up at Anonymous's birthday party?
5. How do Anonymous's parents react when they hear from her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Anonymous excited about leading her piano recital?
2. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
3. How does Anonymous react to being in the psychiatric hospital at first?
4. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
5. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
6. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
7. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
8. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
9. What does Anonymous decide to do when she finishes high school? Do you think that this is a realistic goal (why/why not)?
10. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)