|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
(a) A hiding place for her secrets.
(b) A burden to her.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) A crutch.
2. What does Anonymous tell her brother at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) To avoid drugs.
(b) To cut school.
(c) To come to a party with her and get high.
(d) That she wants to open a boutique with him.
3. What news does Anonymous get from her piano teacher?
(a) She should quit because she's not very talented.
(b) Her parents have stopped paying for her lessons.
(c) She's not invited to the next recital.
(d) She's going to lead a recital.
4. Where does Anonymous go to get away from her drug dealer?
(a) A hospital.
(b) Her grandparent's house.
(c) A shelter for young people.
(d) An abandoned building.
5. Where is Joel's father?
(a) He lives in the next town over.
(b) He lives in the Bahamas.
(c) He lives with Joel.
(d) He died when Joel was very young.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Part 7?
2. What did Anonymous's friend sneak her while handing out tests in class?
3. What concern does Anonymous have about Jan just before school starts in Part 8?
4. What happens to Anonymous at school near the beginning of Part 6?
5. The narrator wonders how her younger brother would react if she:
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
2. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
3. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
4. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
5. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
6. How do Anonymous's parents react to her being arrested?
7. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
8. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
9. What do the other inmates try to force Anonymous to do, and why do you think she refuses?
10. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)