|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anonymous's father tell her near the end of Part 7?
(a) Her parents have convinced the police to arrest Jan.
(b) Joel has dropped out of school.
(c) Her brother and sister are using drugs.
(d) Her parents have convinced Jan to retract her statement.
2. What happens between Joel and Anonymous that briefly makes her happy?
(a) He asks her to move in with him.
(b) He asks her to go steady.
(c) He says he wants to introduce her to his mother.
(d) He kisses her.
3. Who does Anonymous say is coming to visit at the beginning of Part 6?
(b) Her brother.
(d) Her grandparents.
4. Where does Anonymous go shopping in Part 8?
(c) New York City.
5. How does Anonymous say she feels about doing drugs again?
(a) She says that she has "a better understanding" of the people around her.
(b) She says that she's "in complete dispair"
(c) She says she's "like another person."
(d) She says she's "never experienced any joy like it."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anonymous tell her brother at the beginning of Part 6?
2. How does Anonymous die?
3. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
4. How does Anonymous feel about her brother after her conversation with him in Part 6?
5. What news does Anonymous's father get at the beginning of Part 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
2. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
3. What does Anonymous talk to Tim about at the beginning of Part 6, and how does Anonymous feel towards her brother afterward?
4. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
5. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
6. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
7. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
8. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
9. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
10. What does Anonymous decide to do when she finishes high school? Do you think that this is a realistic goal (why/why not)?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)