|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do other young inmates try to convince Anonymous to do?
(a) Lie to her therapist.
(b) Smuggle them food.
(c) Escape and find drugs.
(d) Kidnap her friend.
2. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
(a) She thinks they will tell everyone her secrets.
(b) She hallucinates that they are her grandparents.
(c) She's terrified.
(d) She doesn't like them.
3. How old is Joel?
4. Who is Fawn?
(a) A popular friend of Anonymous's from school.
(b) One of Anonymous's neighbors.
(c) Tim's new girlfriend.
(d) Joel's sister.
5. Where does Anonymous begin to study to try to improve her grades?
(a) The library around the corner.
(b) Chris's house.
(c) The university library.
(d) A local cafe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Anonymous's grandparents soon after she meets Joel?
2. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
3. How are Anonymous's new school friends in Part 8 different from her former ones?
4. Where does Anonymous go to get away from her drug dealer?
5. How does Anonymous describe the psychiatric hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
2. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
3. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
4. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
5. Why do you think that Anonymous is still troubled, even though she has Joel to comfort and support her?
6. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
7. Why do you think that the narrator says that she's happy to be back on drugs at the beginning of Part 5?
8. How does Anonymous react to being in the psychiatric hospital at first?
9. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
10. Who is Babbie, and what is notable about her?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)