|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator wonders how her younger brother would react if she:
(a) Slipped him candy with acid on it.
(b) Threw him a surprise birthday party.
(c) Asked him to move back to San Franciso with her.
(d) Asked him to smoke marijuana with her.
2. What does Anonymous get her father for his birthday in Part 8?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A first-edition copy of one of his favorite books.
(c) A tie.
(d) A sweater and a poem.
3. How does Anonymous feel about being attracted to other women?
4. What happens to Anonymous that motivates her to tell her parents what has been going on at school?
(a) She gets beat up at school.
(b) Joel encourages her to do so.
(c) Her little brother is assaulted.
(d) She's almost caught doing drugs at school.
5. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
(a) She starts a new diary.
(b) She starts to write in code.
(c) They are written on scraps of paper, and have no dates.
(d) There aren't any entries for three months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anonymous give Joel?
2. What happens to Anonymous's grandparents soon after she meets Joel?
3. How does Anonymous react to the news from her piano teacher?
4. What does Anonymous tell her brother at the beginning of Part 6?
5. What did the neighbors do when they found Anonymous hallucinating while she was babysitting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
2. Why is Anonymous excited about leading her piano recital?
3. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
4. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
5. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
6. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
7. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
8. What do the other inmates try to force Anonymous to do, and why do you think she refuses?
9. What does Anonymous talk to Tim about at the beginning of Part 6, and how does Anonymous feel towards her brother afterward?
10. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)