|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anonymous die?
(a) Jan and friends beat her to death.
(b) Accidental overdose.
(c) A drug overdose that may have been deliberate or accidental.
(d) Suicide by drug overdose.
2. How does Anonymous feel about being attracted to other women?
3. What concern does Anonymous have about Jan just before school starts in Part 8?
(a) She hopes that she can become friends with Jan.
(b) She fears that Jan will attack her family.
(c) She hopes Jan will leave her alone.
(d) She hopes Jan is in jail.
4. Where does Anonymous begin to study to try to improve her grades?
(a) Chris's house.
(b) The university library.
(c) A local cafe.
(d) The library around the corner.
5. How do Anonymous's parents react when she tells them about what's been happening at school?
(a) They don't take her seriously.
(b) They call Jan's parents.
(c) They call the police.
(d) They arrange for her to go to a different school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police raid Chris's house, what happens to Lane?
2. How does Anonymous say she feels about doing drugs again?
3. Where do Chris and Anonymous get drugs in Part 5?
4. With what were the chocolate covered peanuts that the narrator ate, laced?
5. What happens to Anonymous's grandparents soon after she meets Joel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
2. Do you think that whether or not Anonymous overdosed on purpose changes the message of the story?
3. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
4. What does Anonymous decide to do when she finishes high school? Do you think that this is a realistic goal (why/why not)?
5. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
6. What purpose do you think Tom plays in the story?
7. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
8. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
9. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
10. Why does Anonymous think that she's unworthy of the love and support of Joel and her family? Do you think she's right?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)