|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise guest shows up at Anonymous's birthday party?
2. Who does Anonymous get to know right before she leaves Oregon?
(a) Another drug dealer.
(b) Other young homeless addicts in the area.
(c) The members of a local Bible study group.
(d) A local shopkeeper.
3. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) A crutch.
(c) A hiding place for her secrets.
(d) A burden to her.
4. What happens to Anonymous's grandparents soon after she meets Joel?
(a) Her grandmother dies and her grandfather moves in.
(b) Her grandfather dies and her grandmother moves in.
(c) They win the lottery.
(d) Both of them die.
5. What news does Anonymous's father get at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) He's being laid off from his job.
(b) He's going to be covering for an ill colleague at another school.
(c) Anonymous has to go back to the hospital.
(d) Anonymous is using drugs again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is different about the diary entries at the beginning of Part 7?
2. With what were the chocolate covered peanuts that the narrator ate, laced?
3. The narrator wonders how her younger brother would react if she:
4. How old is Joel?
5. What is the name of the fellow drug user that Anonymous meets in Oregon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Babbie, and what is notable about her?
2. What does Anonymous give to her father for her birthday, and why do you think he is almost in tears when he receives that gift?
3. Why was Anonymous committed to a psychiatric hospital?
4. Why is Anonymous excited about leading her piano recital?
5. Why do you think that Anonymous is still troubled, even though she has Joel to comfort and support her?
6. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
7. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
8. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
9. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
10. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)