|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Tom tells Anonymous about his own drug use in the past, what does she notice?
(a) That he still seems enthralled by them.
(b) That he seems to have trouble speaking.
(c) That he seems to be lying.
(d) That he is leaving out some important details.
2. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary?
(a) She can't afford one.
(b) She doesn't feel like writing anymore.
(c) She's afraid her parents will find it.
(d) She thinks she should confide in real friends now.
3. What does Anonymous say that she wants the most in Part 6?
(a) To be left alone to do drugs.
(b) To move out of her parents house.
(c) A new car.
(d) A normal life.
4. How does Anonymous describe the psychiatric hospital?
5. What does Anonymous have a fantasy about in her last entry of Part 7?
(a) That her parents will be able to take her friend home from the hospital.
(b) That Joel will take her away to a new town for a fresh start.
(c) That she'll be able to re-open her boutique with Chris.
(d) That she writes a book about her experiences and becomes rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anonymous die?
2. What warning does Anonymous have for both of her siblings near the end of Part 6?
3. What does Anonymous tell her brother at the beginning of Part 6?
4. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
5. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Part 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Anonymous's parents react to her being arrested?
2. What do the other inmates try to force Anonymous to do, and why do you think she refuses?
3. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
4. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
5. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
6. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
7. What does Anonymous decide to do when she finishes high school? Do you think that this is a realistic goal (why/why not)?
8. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
9. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
10. What happens to Anonymous while she's babysitting?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)