|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that she wants to be in Part 1?
(a) "A good mother."
(b) "Someone important."
(c) "A famous model."
(d) "A successful doctor."
2. Why do the main character's parents start to lecture her in Part 3?
(a) She never cleans up after herself.
(b) She never pays attention to her siblings.
(c) She stops going to church.
(d) She's acting and dressing "like a hippie."
3. Why is the main character somewhat excited about moving?
(a) No one at her new school will know what a "loser" she is.
(b) The new house has a bigger backyard.
(c) She hates the house she lives in.
(d) She won't have to share a room in her new house.
4. Where does the narrator live in Part 1?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) The exact setting is not revealed.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
5. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
(a) They are both social outcasts.
(b) They are both interested in photography.
(c) They both play soccer.
(d) They both belong to the Art Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
2. How do Chris and Anonymous's families react when they arrive at the airport?
3. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
4. Who is Mr. Mellani?
5. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator's family have to move?
2. Why do Chris and the narrator decide to return home?
3. Why is the narrator upset at the end of Part 1?
4. What happens to excite the narrator during her stay at her grandparents', and why is she so thrilled about it?
5. Contrast the two friends that the narrator makes at school, in terms of why she relates to each of them.
6. Explain what significant event happens at Sheila's party , and what effect this event has on Chris and Anonymous.
7. How do Anonymous's behavior and dress start to change in Part 3 and what does this signify?
8. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
9. At the beginning of Part 3, what makes the narrator resolve to stop taking drugs?
10. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)