|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part 1 ends soon after what holiday?
(b) Independence Day.
(d) New Year's Day.
2. What is the name of the second friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
3. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
(b) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
(c) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
(d) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
4. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
(a) Shallow & cruel.
(b) Insecure & moody.
(c) Kind & wise.
(d) Friendly & outgoing.
5. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He is at work most of the time.
(b) He hits her.
(c) He is too strict.
(d) He argues with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
2. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
3. Where does Beth have to go for the summer?
4. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
5. Who is Mr. Mellani?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
2. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
3. What happens to the narrator at school as a result of the babysitting incident?
4. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
5. Why do you think Anonymous doesn't want to tell her parents about her problems at school and with the "flashback?"
6. Why does the main character want to lose her virginity to Roger?
7. At the beginning of Part 3, what makes the narrator resolve to stop taking drugs?
8. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
9. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
10. What is significant about Anonymous's friendship with Fawn?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)