|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Quit their jobs and move back home.
(b) Move to Los Angeles.
(c) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(d) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
2. How could Tim and Alexandria's first experiences at their new school be described?
(a) Positive; they make friends easily.
(b) Negative; they don't like their teachers.
(c) Positive; their classes are easy.
(d) Negative; they don't make any friends.
3. What is narrator's father's profession?
(c) High school teacher.
(d) University professor.
4. Who is Mr. Mellani?
(a) Chris's father.
(b) Anonymous's boss.
(c) Anonymous's uncle.
(d) Chris's boss.
5. Anonymous wants to lose her her virginity to Roger, because she fears if she doesn't:
(a) She'll be a virgin for the rest of her life.
(b) She'll be the only one in the school who hasn't "gone all the way."
(c) He'll tell everyone she's a loser.
(d) He won't see her anymore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does the narrator have to Tim and Alexandria?
2. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
3. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
4. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
5. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Anonymous begin to regret sleeping with Bill?
2. Why do you think Chris and Anonymous don't share the real reasons that they ran away to San Francisco?
3. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
4. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
5. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
6. Contrast the two friends that the narrator makes at school, in terms of why she relates to each of them.
7. Explain what significant event happens at Sheila's party , and what effect this event has on Chris and Anonymous.
8. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
9. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
10. Why does the narrator stop spending time with Beth, and what does she do as a result?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)