|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Richie and Ted?
(a) Two people Anonymous sees while hallucinating.
(b) Chris's friends from school.
(c) Regular customers of the boutique.
(d) Anonymous and Chris's new boyfriends.
2. Why is the narrator worried after her encounter with Bill?
(a) She thinks she might have contracted an STD.
(b) Bill stops talking to her.
(c) She's afraid that her parents might find out about it.
(d) She thinks she might be pregnant.
3. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
(a) The students seem to lack direction.
(b) The students steal from them.
(c) The students complain about their prices.
(d) The students do drugs in their shop.
4. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
(a) Beth met a boyfriend at summer camp.
(b) Beth moved away.
(c) She and Beth no longer have anything in common.
(d) She and Beth have a fight.
5. What was in the Coca-Cola?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
2. After her experience at the party, what does the narrator decide to ask Jill?
3. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
4. Why is the main character excited after her shopping trip in Part 2?
5. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
2. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
3. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
4. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
5. What happens to Anonymous while she is planning her mother's surprise birthday party, and why is this significant?
6. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
7. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
8. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
9. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
10. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6, and what do you think these visions signify?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)