|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
(a) St. Patrick's Day.
(b) New Year's.
2. What significant event occurs at one of Sheila's parties?
(a) Sheila and her boyfriend rape Chris and Anonymous.
(b) Sheila and her boyfriend steal all of Chris and Anonymous' money and drugs.
(c) Sheila and her boyfriend turn Chris and Anonymous in to the police.
(d) Sheila's boyfriend asks Sheila to marry him.
3. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They both explore a strange "new world."
(b) They are both isolated from others.
(c) Both of them have strange friends.
(d) They both have blond hair.
4. Who is Mr. Mellani?
(a) Anonymous's uncle.
(b) Anonymous's boss.
(c) Chris's boss.
(d) Chris's father.
5. How do Chris and Anonymous's families react when they arrive at the airport?
(a) They are overjoyed to see them again.
(b) They are extremely upset with them for running away.
(c) Chris's parents are angry, but Anonymous's parents are overjoyed.
(d) Anonymous's parents are angry, but Chris's parents are overjoyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
2. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
3. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
4. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
5. What is the main character's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't the main character talk to her friends or her mother about her insecurities?
2. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
3. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
4. What happens to excite the narrator during her stay at her grandparents', and why is she so thrilled about it?
5. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
6. What do Chris and Anonymous's parents think is the reason they decided to return home, and how do they react when they see them?
7. Explain what significant event happens at Sheila's party , and what effect this event has on Chris and Anonymous.
8. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
9. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
10. Why is the narrator upset at the end of Part 1?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)