|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anonymous find her first job in Part 4?
(a) A jewelry store.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A lingerie shop.
2. To what drug is the narrator introduced on her date?
3. How does the narrator feel for the first few days of her stay with her grandparents?
4. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
(a) They wanted to make their families upset.
(b) They just wanted to be out on their own.
(c) They met some boys that asked them to run away with them.
(d) They owed money to the wrong people.
5. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Jill's friend Bobby.
(b) Jill's brother Bill.
(c) Jill's brother Bobby.
(d) Jill's friend Bill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
2. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
3. What is narrator's father's profession?
4. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
5. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
2. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
3. Why is the narrator upset at the end of Part 1?
4. Contrast the two friends that the narrator makes at school, in terms of why she relates to each of them.
5. Why does the narrator stop spending time with Beth, and what does she do as a result?
6. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
7. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
8. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
9. At the beginning of Part 3, what makes the narrator resolve to stop taking drugs?
10. What purpose do the descriptions of Tim and Alexandria's experiences at school serve?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)