Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
(a) She and Beth no longer have anything in common.
(b) Beth met a boyfriend at summer camp.
(c) Beth moved away.
(d) She and Beth have a fight.
2. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
(a) They tied them up.
(b) Anonymous and Chris were extremely drunk.
(c) Sheila drugged their drinks.
(d) They had taken a great deal of heroin.
3. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
(b) She has a huge fight with them.
(c) She moves out.
(d) She takes them to court.
4. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
(a) At a boutique.
(b) At a party.
(c) At a bookstore.
(d) At school.
5. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
2. What did Anonymous learn from Mr. Mellani?
3. What does the narrator say that she wants to be in Part 1?
4. What is Beth's religious background?
5. After she starts taking sleeping pills, what type of recurring vision does the narrator have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
2. How is the narrator influenced by peer pressure at the beginning of Part 5?
3. Why do you think that the narrator says that she's happy to be back on drugs at the beginning of Part 5?
4. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
5. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
6. Why does Anonymous decide to move to San Francisco with Chris?
7. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
8. What do Chris and Anonymous's parents think is the reason they decided to return home, and how do they react when they see them?
9. Describe Anonymous's experience in New York, and why you think it is important to the story.
10. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)