|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
(a) Her boss doesn't treat her well.
(b) She gets fired.
(c) She is inspired by Chris's better job.
(d) She doesn't receive her paycheck when she is supposed to.
2. What about the family atmosphere makes Anonymous happy in Part 4?
(a) She feels like they see her as an adult.
(b) They spend a lot of money on her.
(c) She gets all the attention.
(d) Her grandparents move in.
3. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
(a) "Dreaming of a white christmas."
(b) "Joyful and triumphant."
(c) "Sleep in heavenly peace."
(d) "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names."
4. What is the name of the second friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
5. Part 1 ends soon after what holiday?
(b) New Year's Day.
(d) Independence Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
2. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
3. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
4. Where does Anonymous find her first job in Part 4?
5. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what significant event happens at Sheila's party , and what effect this event has on Chris and Anonymous.
2. What role does Joel fill in Anonymous's life in Part 6?
3. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
4. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
5. Why is Anonymous excited about leading her piano recital?
6. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
7. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
8. What does the narrator think about doing after her parents become stricter in Part 5, and why is this important?
9. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
10. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary at the end of Part 8?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)