|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(b) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
(c) The boutique closed.
(d) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
2. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
(b) New Year's.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
3. What does the narrator say that she wants to be in Part 1?
(a) "A famous model."
(b) "A good mother."
(c) "A successful doctor."
(d) "Someone important."
4. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
(a) Beth is outgoing and funny.
(b) They are both shy and intelligent.
(c) They are in the same English class.
(d) They are next-door neighbors.
5. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
2. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
3. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
4. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
5. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of people hang out at Chris and Anonymous's boutique, and why does this disturb them?
2. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
3. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
4. How do Anonymous's behavior and dress start to change in Part 3 and what does this signify?
5. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
6. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
7. Why does the narrator stop spending time with Beth, and what does she do as a result?
8. Why does the main character want to lose her virginity to Roger?
9. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
10. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)