|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
(a) Sheila drugged their drinks.
(b) They tied them up.
(c) Anonymous and Chris were extremely drunk.
(d) They had taken a great deal of heroin.
2. Where does Beth have to go for the summer?
(a) Summer camp.
(d) To visit her father.
3. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
(a) "Button, button, who's got the button?"
(b) "Duck, duck, goose."
(c) "Go fish."
4. After her experience at the party, what does the narrator decide to ask Jill?
(a) If she's having another party soon.
(b) Whether she has any marijuana.
(c) To have lunch the next day.
(d) Whether she has any more acid.
5. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
Short Answer Questions
1. To what drug does Richie introduce Anonymous in Part 3?
2. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
3. Why is the main character somewhat excited about moving?
4. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
5. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the narrator stop spending time with Beth, and what does she do as a result?
2. Why do you think Chris and Anonymous don't share the real reasons that they ran away to San Francisco?
3. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
4. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
5. How do Anonymous's behavior and dress start to change in Part 3 and what does this signify?
6. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
7. Why does Anonymous decide to move to San Francisco with Chris?
8. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
9. Why doesn't the main character talk to her friends or her mother about her insecurities?
10. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)