|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what drug does Richie introduce Anonymous in Part 3?
2. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
(a) At a boutique.
(b) At a bookstore.
(c) At school.
(d) At a party.
3. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) The boutique closed.
(b) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
(c) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(d) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
4. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
(a) A convenience store.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) An expensive store.
(d) A jewelry shop.
5. Why is the main character somewhat excited about moving?
(a) No one at her new school will know what a "loser" she is.
(b) The new house has a bigger backyard.
(c) She hates the house she lives in.
(d) She won't have to share a room in her new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
2. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
3. How can narrator's father could best be described?
4. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
5. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
2. What do Chris and Anonymous's parents think is the reason they decided to return home, and how do they react when they see them?
3. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
4. At the beginning of Part 3, what makes the narrator resolve to stop taking drugs?
5. Why doesn't the main character talk to her friends or her mother about her insecurities?
6. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
7. What purpose do the descriptions of Tim and Alexandria's experiences at school serve?
8. What happens to excite the narrator during her stay at her grandparents', and why is she so thrilled about it?
9. Explain what significant event happens at Sheila's party , and what effect this event has on Chris and Anonymous.
10. Why does the narrator's family have to move?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)