|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
(a) Roger rejects her again.
(b) Roger tells her he's moving to her new town.
(c) Roger asks her out on a date.
(d) Roger tells her he loves her.
2. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
(a) Shallow & cruel.
(b) Insecure & moody.
(c) Kind & wise.
(d) Friendly & outgoing.
3. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
(a) Sheila drugged their drinks.
(b) Anonymous and Chris were extremely drunk.
(c) They had taken a great deal of heroin.
(d) They tied them up.
4. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He hits her.
(b) He is at work most of the time.
(c) He argues with her mother.
(d) He is too strict.
5. To what drug is Anonymous introduced at one of Sheila's parties?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
2. Why do the main character's parents start to lecture her in Part 3?
3. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
4. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
5. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
2. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
3. Why is the narrator upset at the end of Part 1?
4. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
5. What purpose do the descriptions of Tim and Alexandria's experiences at school serve?
6. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
7. What kind of people hang out at Chris and Anonymous's boutique, and why does this disturb them?
8. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
9. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
10. Why do Chris and the narrator decide to return home?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)