|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
2. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
(a) Go to a party.
(b) Get high and have sex.
(c) Get high and rob a store.
(d) Get married.
3. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
(a) Roger tells her he's moving to her new town.
(b) Roger asks her out on a date.
(c) Roger rejects her again.
(d) Roger tells her he loves her.
4. Who does the main character run into while shopping with her grandmother?
(b) Jill - a friend of her mother's.
(d) Jill - a girl she used to go to school with.
5. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
(a) She has many more entries per day.
(b) She begins using "hippie" slang.
(c) She starts in write in code to hide the contents.
(d) She stops writing as often.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anonymous find her first job in Part 4?
2. How does the narrator try to make herself feel better?
3. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
4. How can narrator's father could best be described?
5. Where does Beth have to go for the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
2. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
3. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
4. Explain what significant event happens at Sheila's party , and what effect this event has on Chris and Anonymous.
5. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
6. Why does the narrator's family have to move?
7. Contrast the two friends that the narrator makes at school, in terms of why she relates to each of them.
8. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
9. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
10. Describe Tim and Alexandria's first experiences at their new school.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)