|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is narrator's father's profession?
(b) University professor.
(c) High school teacher.
2. Where does the narrator live in Part 1?
(a) The exact setting is not revealed.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) Portland, Oregon.
3. Where does Anonymous find her first job in Part 4?
(a) A jewelry store.
(b) A lingerie shop.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A convenience store.
4. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They both explore a strange "new world."
(b) They both have blond hair.
(c) They are both isolated from others.
(d) Both of them have strange friends.
5. What can the reader infer from the narrator's vocabulary and style of writing?
(a) She is probably very wealthy.
(b) She is mentally ill.
(c) She is not very educated.
(d) She is intelligent and well-spoken for her age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
2. Who are Richie and Ted?
3. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
4. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
5. What is the main character's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the main character want to lose her virginity to Roger?
2. Why do Chris and the narrator decide to return home?
3. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
4. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
5. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
6. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
7. Why doesn't the main character talk to her friends or her mother about her insecurities?
8. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
9. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
10. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)