|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator worried after her encounter with Bill?
(a) She thinks she might have contracted an STD.
(b) She thinks she might be pregnant.
(c) Bill stops talking to her.
(d) She's afraid that her parents might find out about it.
2. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(c) New Year's.
(d) Memorial Day.
3. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She moves out.
(b) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
(c) She has a huge fight with them.
(d) She takes them to court.
4. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
(a) They are both shy and intelligent.
(b) They are in the same English class.
(c) Beth is outgoing and funny.
(d) They are next-door neighbors.
5. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
(a) They both play soccer.
(b) They are both social outcasts.
(c) They are both interested in photography.
(d) They both belong to the Art Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what drug is the narrator introduced on her date?
2. Why is the main character excited after her shopping trip in Part 2?
3. How could the narrator's first experiences at her new school be described?
4. What is one reason that the narrator worries about moving?
5. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of people hang out at Chris and Anonymous's boutique, and why does this disturb them?
2. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
3. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
4. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
5. What happens to excite the narrator during her stay at her grandparents', and why is she so thrilled about it?
6. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
7. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
8. What purpose do the descriptions of Tim and Alexandria's experiences at school serve?
9. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
10. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)