|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
(a) Beth is outgoing and funny.
(b) They are in the same English class.
(c) They are next-door neighbors.
(d) They are both shy and intelligent.
2. What can the reader infer from the narrator's vocabulary and style of writing?
(a) She is intelligent and well-spoken for her age.
(b) She is probably very wealthy.
(c) She is not very educated.
(d) She is mentally ill.
3. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
(a) Shallow & cruel.
(b) Kind & wise.
(c) Friendly & outgoing.
(d) Insecure & moody.
4. What was in the Coca-Cola?
5. Why is Anonymous upset about Roger at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) He cheated on her with another girl from school.
(b) He dismissed her.
(c) He won't take drugs with her.
(d) He told her she was ugly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
2. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
3. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
4. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
5. What did Anonymous learn from Mr. Mellani?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Chris and the narrator decide to return home?
2. Why does the narrator begin to have trouble sleeping in Part 3?
3. Why do you think Chris and Anonymous don't share the real reasons that they ran away to San Francisco?
4. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
5. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
6. Describe Chris and Anonymous's contrasting experiences with jobs after they arrive in San Francisco.
7. Why is the main character insecure in Part 1?
8. Describe Anonymous's experiences with Doris in Oregon.
9. How is the narrator treated by her drug dealer in Oregon, and how does this affect her state of mind?
10. Why does the main character want to lose her virginity to Roger?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)