|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that she wants to be in Part 1?
(a) "A good mother."
(b) "A famous model."
(c) "A successful doctor."
(d) "Someone important."
2. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(a) Knowledge of jewelry.
3. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
(a) In long, fancy dresses.
(b) In t-shirts and jeans.
(c) In beaded and fringed clothes.
(d) In "tomboy" clothes.
4. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
(a) They are both shy and intelligent.
(b) Beth is outgoing and funny.
(c) They are next-door neighbors.
(d) They are in the same English class.
5. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
(b) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
(c) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
(d) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
2. How do Chris and Anonymous's families react when they arrive at the airport?
3. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
4. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
5. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
2. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
3. What happens to excite the narrator during her stay at her grandparents', and why is she so thrilled about it?
4. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
5. Why does Anonymous begin to regret sleeping with Bill?
6. Why does the narrator stop spending time with Beth, and what does she do as a result?
7. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
8. Why do Chris and the narrator decide to return home?
9. What purpose do the descriptions of Tim and Alexandria's experiences at school serve?
10. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)