|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
(a) The students steal from them.
(b) The students do drugs in their shop.
(c) The students seem to lack direction.
(d) The students complain about their prices.
2. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
(a) They are both shy and intelligent.
(b) They are next-door neighbors.
(c) They are in the same English class.
(d) Beth is outgoing and funny.
3. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Jill's brother Bill.
(b) Jill's brother Bobby.
(c) Jill's friend Bobby.
(d) Jill's friend Bill.
4. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
(a) Free speech.
(c) Dietary restrictions.
5. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
(a) Her boss doesn't treat her well.
(b) She doesn't receive her paycheck when she is supposed to.
(c) She is inspired by Chris's better job.
(d) She gets fired.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one reason that the narrator worries about moving?
2. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
3. How can narrator's father could best be described?
4. What is Beth's religious background?
5. What is the name of the second friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of Part 3, what makes the narrator resolve to stop taking drugs?
2. Why is the narrator upset at the end of Part 1?
3. Contrast the two friends that the narrator makes at school, in terms of why she relates to each of them.
4. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
5. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to at the end of Part 4, and why is this important?
6. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
7. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
8. What do Chris and Anonymous's parents think is the reason they decided to return home, and how do they react when they see them?
9. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
10. How does the narrator feel about moving to a new place?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)