|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
(a) "The party."
(b) "The scene."
(c) "The in-crowd."
(d) "The place."
2. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
(a) "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names."
(b) "Joyful and triumphant."
(c) "Dreaming of a white christmas."
(d) "Sleep in heavenly peace."
3. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
(b) She moves out.
(c) She takes them to court.
(d) She has a huge fight with them.
4. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
(b) Beth asks her to.
(c) She makes a promise to her mother.
(d) Her grandmother dies.
5. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Chris and Anonymous dream of doing at the beginning of Part 4?
2. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
3. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
4. How could Tim and Alexandria's first experiences at their new school be described?
5. How does the narrator feel for the first few days of her stay with her grandparents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the evolution of Anonymous and Richie's relationship in Part 3.
2. Contrast the two friends that the narrator makes at school, in terms of why she relates to each of them.
3. What kind of people hang out at Chris and Anonymous's boutique, and why does this disturb them?
4. Why do you think Chris and Anonymous don't share the real reasons that they ran away to San Francisco?
5. What happens at the party in Part 2, and what effect does this have on the narrator?
6. What purpose do the descriptions of Tim and Alexandria's experiences at school serve?
7. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
8. Compare and contrast how the narrator feels about each of her parents during Part 2.
9. Why does Anonymous decide to move to San Francisco with Chris?
10. At the beginning of Part 3, what makes the narrator resolve to stop taking drugs?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)