|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(c) Knowledge of jewelry.
2. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
(a) They just wanted to be out on their own.
(b) They wanted to make their families upset.
(c) They met some boys that asked them to run away with them.
(d) They owed money to the wrong people.
3. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
(a) She and Beth have a fight.
(b) She and Beth no longer have anything in common.
(c) Beth moved away.
(d) Beth met a boyfriend at summer camp.
4. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
(a) She stops writing as often.
(b) She starts in write in code to hide the contents.
(c) She begins using "hippie" slang.
(d) She has many more entries per day.
5. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Jill's brother Bill.
(b) Jill's friend Bill.
(c) Jill's friend Bobby.
(d) Jill's brother Bobby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does the narrator have to Tim and Alexandria?
2. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
3. How does the narrator try to make herself feel better?
4. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
5. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the narrator upset about both her and Beth's summer arrangements?
2. Describe the narrator's first experiences at school in Part 2.
3. What features of this section cause some critics to doubt that Go Ask Alice is actually the journal of a teenage girl?
4. Why does Anonymous begin to regret sleeping with Bill?
5. Describe the narrator's relationship with her mother at the beginning of the story.
6. Why does Anonymous decide to move to San Francisco with Chris?
7. What is the significance of Anonymous's relationship with Mr. Mellani?
8. What does the narrator start to have visions of in Part 3, and why are these visions significant?
9. Why does the main character want to lose her virginity to Roger?
10. How do Anonymous's behavior and dress start to change in Part 3 and what does this signify?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)