|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Anonymous's parents react when she tells them about what's been happening at school?
(a) They arrange for her to go to a different school.
(b) They call the police.
(c) They call Jan's parents.
(d) They don't take her seriously.
2. Who is Joel?
(a) A boy Anonymous meets at her high school.
(b) A teacher who works with her father.
(c) Chris's brother.
(d) Anonymous's new love interest.
3. What are the last words that Anonymous writes in her diary?
(a) "Catch ya later."
(b) "Til next time."
(c) "Bye bye."
(d) "See ya."
4. What happens to Anonymous's grandparents soon after she meets Joel?
(a) Her grandmother dies and her grandfather moves in.
(b) Both of them die.
(c) Her grandfather dies and her grandmother moves in.
(d) They win the lottery.
5. Why does Anonymous say that she is thankful for her diary?
(a) She can pass it on to her children someday.
(b) It has made her writing better.
(c) It has always been there for her.
(d) It allowed her to hide her thoughts from her family.
6. What is the name of the fellow drug user that Anonymous meets in Oregon?
7. What is the name of the young girl that Anonymous befriends at the hospital?
8. Where does Anonymous go to get away from her drug dealer?
(a) A shelter for young people.
(b) A hospital.
(c) An abandoned building.
(d) Her grandparent's house.
9. How does Anonymous say she feels after Joel tries to console her?
(a) She feels hopeful.
(b) She feels angry.
(c) She feels much better.
(d) She still feels terrible.
10. What does Anonymous decide she's going to do after she graduates from high school?
(a) Become a teacher.
(b) Backpack across Europe.
(c) Open a shelter for young people addicted to drugs.
(d) Become a counselor for young people.
11. What does Anonymous have a fantasy about in her last entry of Part 7?
(a) That her parents will be able to take her friend home from the hospital.
(b) That she'll be able to re-open her boutique with Chris.
(c) That Joel will take her away to a new town for a fresh start.
(d) That she writes a book about her experiences and becomes rich.
12. What warning does Anonymous have for both of her siblings near the end of Part 6?
(a) Not to leave the house after dark.
(b) Not to do drugs.
(c) To always be honest with their parents.
(d) To be careful of strangers.
13. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
(a) They are written on scraps of paper, and have no dates.
(b) There aren't any entries for three months.
(c) She starts a new diary.
(d) She starts to write in code.
14. What does Anonymous tell her brother at the beginning of Part 6?
(a) To come to a party with her and get high.
(b) That she wants to open a boutique with him.
(c) To cut school.
(d) To avoid drugs.
15. Who is Tom?
(a) A fellow drug user in the hospital.
(b) A social worker.
(c) A counselor.
(d) A visitor to one of the other inmates.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Joel and Anonymous that briefly makes her happy?
2. What does Joel give Anonymous?
3. What illness does Anonymous get at the beginning of Part 8?
4. What did Anonymous's friend sneak her while handing out tests in class?
5. What does Jan do while Anonymous is babysitting?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)