|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary?
(a) She's afraid her parents will find it.
(b) She thinks she should confide in real friends now.
(c) She can't afford one.
(d) She doesn't feel like writing anymore.
2. How does Anonymous react to the news from her piano teacher?
(a) She gets into an argument with her teacher.
(b) She decides to hide the news from her parents.
(c) She resolves to practice more.
(d) She decides to quit.
3. When Tom tells Anonymous about his own drug use in the past, what does she notice?
(a) That he is leaving out some important details.
(b) That he seems to be lying.
(c) That he seems to have trouble speaking.
(d) That he still seems enthralled by them.
4. What news does Anonymous's father get at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) He's going to be covering for an ill colleague at another school.
(b) Anonymous is using drugs again.
(c) Anonymous has to go back to the hospital.
(d) He's being laid off from his job.
5. How does Joel react when Anonymous tells him about her history and her concerns about the drug crowd?
(a) He says that she should tell the principal.
(b) He tells her to run away again.
(c) He says that she is strong enough to handle it.
(d) He asks if she wants him to beat up Jan.
6. What does Anonymous have a fantasy about in her last entry of Part 7?
(a) That her parents will be able to take her friend home from the hospital.
(b) That she writes a book about her experiences and becomes rich.
(c) That she'll be able to re-open her boutique with Chris.
(d) That Joel will take her away to a new town for a fresh start.
7. What does Anonymous say that she wants the most in Part 6?
(a) To be left alone to do drugs.
(b) A new car.
(c) To move out of her parents house.
(d) A normal life.
8. How did Anonymous end up in Denver?
(a) She doesn't say.
(b) She hitchhiked with a group of hippies.
(c) She ran away with Chris.
(d) Her grandparents moved there, and she went with them.
9. What happens when Chris and Anonymous go back to school at the beginning of Part 5?
(a) Other students ask them to join a gang.
(b) They grow apart because they make friends with different crowds.
(c) They both meet boyfriends.
(d) Other students ask them to get them drugs.
10. What happens to Anonymous that motivates her to tell her parents what has been going on at school?
(a) She gets beat up at school.
(b) She's almost caught doing drugs at school.
(c) Joel encourages her to do so.
(d) Her little brother is assaulted.
11. What is the name of the young girl that Anonymous befriends at the hospital?
12. How do Anonymous's parents react when she tells them about what's been happening at school?
(a) They don't take her seriously.
(b) They arrange for her to go to a different school.
(c) They call Jan's parents.
(d) They call the police.
13. Of what did the narrator have a vision after eating the laced peanuts?
(a) Being kidnapped by Jan and her friends.
(b) Being attacked by the rotting body of her grandfather.
(c) Being attacked by both of her dead grandparents.
(d) Joel dying in a fire.
14. When the police raid Chris's house, what happens to Lane?
(a) He is sent to prison.
(b) He is sent to a work-release program.
(c) He is forced to go to rehab.
(d) He is sent to a reform school.
15. Where is Joel's father?
(a) He died when Joel was very young.
(b) He lives in the next town over.
(c) He lives with Joel.
(d) He lives in the Bahamas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words that Anonymous writes in her diary?
2. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
3. How many offenses does the arrest in Part 5 make for Lane?
4. What happens to Anonymous at school near the beginning of Part 6?
5. What does Joel say in his letter to Anonymous?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)