|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the last words that Anonymous writes in her diary?
(a) "Bye bye."
(b) "See ya."
(c) "Catch ya later."
(d) "Til next time."
2. What surprise guest shows up at Anonymous's birthday party?
3. How did Anonymous end up in Denver?
(a) She hitchhiked with a group of hippies.
(b) She ran away with Chris.
(c) Her grandparents moved there, and she went with them.
(d) She doesn't say.
4. Who is Tom?
(a) A social worker.
(b) A fellow drug user in the hospital.
(c) A counselor.
(d) A visitor to one of the other inmates.
5. How does Anonymous say she feels about doing drugs again?
(a) She says she's "never experienced any joy like it."
(b) She says that she has "a better understanding" of the people around her.
(c) She says she's "like another person."
(d) She says that she's "in complete dispair"
6. Where does Anonymous go shopping in Part 8?
(d) New York City.
7. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
(a) A burden to her.
(b) A hiding place for her secrets.
(c) A crutch.
(d) Her best friend.
8. What does Anonymous's father tell her near the end of Part 7?
(a) Her brother and sister are using drugs.
(b) Her parents have convinced Jan to retract her statement.
(c) Joel has dropped out of school.
(d) Her parents have convinced the police to arrest Jan.
9. When Tom tells Anonymous about his own drug use in the past, what does she notice?
(a) That he is leaving out some important details.
(b) That he still seems enthralled by them.
(c) That he seems to have trouble speaking.
(d) That he seems to be lying.
10. What is different about the diary entries at the beginning of Part 7?
(a) They are all written in the form of poems.
(b) They are very short and have no dates.
(c) The entries are several weeks apart.
(d) They are longer and more detailed than usual.
11. Who puts Anonymous back in touch with her parents?
(c) A minister.
(d) A social worker.
12. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6?
(a) Her mother leaving her forever.
(b) Being beaten by some of her schoolmates.
(c) The disappointed ghosts of her grandparents.
(d) Dead bodies being eaten by worms.
13. Who is Joel?
(a) Chris's brother.
(b) Anonymous's new love interest.
(c) A boy Anonymous meets at her high school.
(d) A teacher who works with her father.
14. After the incident with Jan, what do Jan and friends NOT try to do?
(a) Threaten to give drug laced candy to her sister.
(b) Turn her in to the police.
(c) Threaten to put drugs in her father's car.
(d) Get her in trouble with the principal.
15. What lie did Jan tell the police about Anonymous?
(a) That Anonymous stole money from her.
(b) That Anonymous was trying to sell drugs at school.
(c) That Anonymous threatened to assault her.
(d) That Anonymous forced her to do drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happy news does Anonymous get near the end of Part 7?
2. How does Anonymous's father react to the birthday gift she gives him?
3. How old is Joel?
4. What warning does Anonymous have for both of her siblings near the end of Part 6?
5. Why does Anonymous say that she is thankful for her diary?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)