|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Anonymous die?
(a) Accidental overdose.
(b) Jan and friends beat her to death.
(c) Suicide by drug overdose.
(d) A drug overdose that may have been deliberate or accidental.
2. Who is Fawn?
(a) A popular friend of Anonymous's from school.
(b) Joel's sister.
(c) Tim's new girlfriend.
(d) One of Anonymous's neighbors.
3. What does Jan do while Anonymous is babysitting?
(a) She puts a child in danger while she's high.
(b) She comes over and asks Anonymous to get high with her.
(c) She assaults Anonymous with a baseball bat.
(d) She shows up high and asks Anonymous for money.
4. How are Anonymous's new school friends in Part 8 different from her former ones?
(a) They don't use drugs.
(b) They are very wealthy.
(c) They are much younger.
(d) They are mostly boys.
5. After the incident with Jan, what do Jan and friends NOT try to do?
(a) Threaten to give drug laced candy to her sister.
(b) Get her in trouble with the principal.
(c) Threaten to put drugs in her father's car.
(d) Turn her in to the police.
6. What do other young inmates try to convince Anonymous to do?
(a) Smuggle them food.
(b) Lie to her therapist.
(c) Escape and find drugs.
(d) Kidnap her friend.
7. What news does Anonymous get from her piano teacher?
(a) Her parents have stopped paying for her lessons.
(b) She should quit because she's not very talented.
(c) She's not invited to the next recital.
(d) She's going to lead a recital.
8. How does Anonymous react to the news from her piano teacher?
(a) She decides to hide the news from her parents.
(b) She decides to quit.
(c) She resolves to practice more.
(d) She gets into an argument with her teacher.
9. What does Anonymous's father tell her near the end of Part 7?
(a) Her brother and sister are using drugs.
(b) Joel has dropped out of school.
(c) Her parents have convinced the police to arrest Jan.
(d) Her parents have convinced Jan to retract her statement.
10. What news does Anonymous's father get at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Anonymous has to go back to the hospital.
(b) He's going to be covering for an ill colleague at another school.
(c) Anonymous is using drugs again.
(d) He's being laid off from his job.
11. What is the name of the fellow drug user that Anonymous meets in Oregon?
12. How does Anonymous feel about her brother after her conversation with him in Part 6?
(a) She's angry with him.
(b) She thinks he's childish.
(c) She's disappointed in him.
(d) She has a new respect for him.
13. What does Anonymous get her father for his birthday in Part 8?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) A tie.
(c) A first-edition copy of one of his favorite books.
(d) A sweater and a poem.
14. What does Anonymous give Joel?
(a) A gold watch.
(b) An ID bracelet.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A ring.
15. What is different about the diary entries at the beginning of Part 7?
(a) They are very short and have no dates.
(b) The entries are several weeks apart.
(c) They are all written in the form of poems.
(d) They are longer and more detailed than usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Anonymous feel about being attracted to other women?
2. How does Anonymous say she feels after Joel tries to console her?
3. What are the last words that Anonymous writes in her diary?
4. How does Joel react when Anonymous tells him about her history and her concerns about the drug crowd?
5. What concern does Anonymous have about Jan just before school starts in Part 8?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)