|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel say in his letter to Anonymous?
(a) He still cares about her and understands her problem.
(b) He's leaving town.
(c) He feels that he has to break up with her.
(d) He's going to graduate early and get a job.
2. What is the first drug that Chris and Anonymous start doing in Part 5?
3. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
(a) She starts a new diary.
(b) There aren't any entries for three months.
(c) They are written on scraps of paper, and have no dates.
(d) She starts to write in code.
4. Where does Anonymous go to get away from her drug dealer?
(a) Her grandparent's house.
(b) A shelter for young people.
(c) A hospital.
(d) An abandoned building.
5. What happens between Joel and Anonymous that briefly makes her happy?
(a) He asks her to go steady.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He says he wants to introduce her to his mother.
(d) He asks her to move in with him.
6. Who is Joel?
(a) Anonymous's new love interest.
(b) A teacher who works with her father.
(c) Chris's brother.
(d) A boy Anonymous meets at her high school.
7. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6?
(a) The disappointed ghosts of her grandparents.
(b) Dead bodies being eaten by worms.
(c) Her mother leaving her forever.
(d) Being beaten by some of her schoolmates.
8. What lie did Jan tell the police about Anonymous?
(a) That Anonymous was trying to sell drugs at school.
(b) That Anonymous forced her to do drugs.
(c) That Anonymous threatened to assault her.
(d) That Anonymous stole money from her.
9. What does Anonymous have a fantasy about in her last entry of Part 7?
(a) That she'll be able to re-open her boutique with Chris.
(b) That her parents will be able to take her friend home from the hospital.
(c) That she writes a book about her experiences and becomes rich.
(d) That Joel will take her away to a new town for a fresh start.
10. What surprise guest shows up at Anonymous's birthday party?
11. Why does Anonymous refuse to speak to the social worker and therapist at the hospital at first?
(a) She hallucinates that they are her grandparents.
(b) She thinks they will tell everyone her secrets.
(c) She doesn't like them.
(d) She's terrified.
12. How do Anonymous's parents react when she tells them about what's been happening at school?
(a) They call the police.
(b) They don't take her seriously.
(c) They arrange for her to go to a different school.
(d) They call Jan's parents.
13. Why does Anonymous say that she is thankful for her diary?
(a) It allowed her to hide her thoughts from her family.
(b) It has made her writing better.
(c) It has always been there for her.
(d) She can pass it on to her children someday.
14. How does Anonymous describe the psychiatric hospital?
15. How does Anonymous say she feels after Joel tries to console her?
(a) She feels much better.
(b) She feels hopeful.
(c) She still feels terrible.
(d) She feels angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the fellow drug user that Anonymous meets in Oregon?
2. Who is Tom?
3. What does Anonymous's father warn her about regarding Joel?
4. How does Anonymous's party for her mother turn out?
5. What does Anonymous's father tell her near the end of Part 7?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)