|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
(a) A hiding place for her secrets.
(b) A crutch.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) A burden to her.
2. What are the last words that Anonymous writes in her diary?
(a) "Bye bye."
(b) "Til next time."
(c) "See ya."
(d) "Catch ya later."
3. What does Anonymous's father tell her near the end of Part 7?
(a) Her brother and sister are using drugs.
(b) Her parents have convinced Jan to retract her statement.
(c) Her parents have convinced the police to arrest Jan.
(d) Joel has dropped out of school.
4. What warning does Anonymous have for both of her siblings near the end of Part 6?
(a) Not to do drugs.
(b) Not to leave the house after dark.
(c) To be careful of strangers.
(d) To always be honest with their parents.
5. What is significant about Anonymous's diaries entries starting in the middle of Part 5?
(a) She starts a new diary.
(b) There aren't any entries for three months.
(c) They are written on scraps of paper, and have no dates.
(d) She starts to write in code.
6. Why does Anonymous decide not to start a new diary?
(a) She doesn't feel like writing anymore.
(b) She thinks she should confide in real friends now.
(c) She's afraid her parents will find it.
(d) She can't afford one.
7. What does Anonymous have repeated visions of in Part 6?
(a) Being beaten by some of her schoolmates.
(b) Her mother leaving her forever.
(c) Dead bodies being eaten by worms.
(d) The disappointed ghosts of her grandparents.
8. What does Anonymous decide she's going to do after she graduates from high school?
(a) Become a counselor for young people.
(b) Backpack across Europe.
(c) Open a shelter for young people addicted to drugs.
(d) Become a teacher.
9. What happens to Anonymous that motivates her to tell her parents what has been going on at school?
(a) Her little brother is assaulted.
(b) She's almost caught doing drugs at school.
(c) Joel encourages her to do so.
(d) She gets beat up at school.
10. What lie did Jan tell the police about Anonymous?
(a) That Anonymous threatened to assault her.
(b) That Anonymous stole money from her.
(c) That Anonymous was trying to sell drugs at school.
(d) That Anonymous forced her to do drugs.
11. After the incident with Jan, what do Jan and friends NOT try to do?
(a) Get her in trouble with the principal.
(b) Threaten to put drugs in her father's car.
(c) Turn her in to the police.
(d) Threaten to give drug laced candy to her sister.
12. What do other young inmates try to convince Anonymous to do?
(a) Kidnap her friend.
(b) Smuggle them food.
(c) Escape and find drugs.
(d) Lie to her therapist.
13. How old is Joel?
14. How do Anonymous's parents react when they hear from her?
(a) They disown her and tell her never to come back.
(b) They tell her they love her and want her to come home.
(c) They tell that they aren't ready to take her back yet.
(d) They call the police and have her arrested.
15. What does Anonymous say that she wants the most in Part 6?
(a) A normal life.
(b) To be left alone to do drugs.
(c) A new car.
(d) To move out of her parents house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the police raid Chris's house, what happens to Lane?
2. What is the name of the fellow drug user that Anonymous meets in Oregon?
3. What does Anonymous give Joel?
4. What illness does Anonymous get at the beginning of Part 8?
5. What is the first drug that Chris and Anonymous start doing in Part 5?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)