|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joel say in his letter to Anonymous?
(a) He feels that he has to break up with her.
(b) He still cares about her and understands her problem.
(c) He's going to graduate early and get a job.
(d) He's leaving town.
2. Why does Anonymous say that she is thankful for her diary?
(a) It allowed her to hide her thoughts from her family.
(b) It has always been there for her.
(c) She can pass it on to her children someday.
(d) It has made her writing better.
3. What news does Anonymous get from her piano teacher?
(a) She's not invited to the next recital.
(b) She should quit because she's not very talented.
(c) She's going to lead a recital.
(d) Her parents have stopped paying for her lessons.
4. What does Anonymous's drug dealer in Oregon force her to do in exchange for drugs?
(a) Perform sex acts on him.
(b) Move in with him.
(c) Deal drugs and give him all the profits.
(d) Pretend to be his girlfriend.
5. Near the end of Part 8, what does the narrator say that her diary has been for the last several months?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) A burden to her.
(c) A crutch.
(d) A hiding place for her secrets.
6. Of what did the narrator have a vision after eating the laced peanuts?
(a) Being kidnapped by Jan and her friends.
(b) Being attacked by the rotting body of her grandfather.
(c) Being attacked by both of her dead grandparents.
(d) Joel dying in a fire.
7. What did the narrator do when she hallucinated while babysitting?
(a) She ran screaming down the street.
(b) She mutilated herself.
(c) She attacked the parents for whom she was working.
(d) She attacked the child she was babysitting.
8. What do Anonymous's parents force her to do as a result of her arrest?
(a) Volunteer at a library.
(b) Go to rehab.
(c) See a psychiatrist.
(d) Move out.
9. What surprise guest shows up at Anonymous's birthday party?
10. Who is Joel?
(a) Anonymous's new love interest.
(b) A teacher who works with her father.
(c) A boy Anonymous meets at her high school.
(d) Chris's brother.
11. What news does Anonymous's father get at the beginning of Part 8?
(a) Anonymous is using drugs again.
(b) Anonymous has to go back to the hospital.
(c) He's going to be covering for an ill colleague at another school.
(d) He's being laid off from his job.
12. When Tom tells Anonymous about his own drug use in the past, what does she notice?
(a) That he seems to have trouble speaking.
(b) That he seems to be lying.
(c) That he still seems enthralled by them.
(d) That he is leaving out some important details.
13. What is the name of the fellow drug user that Anonymous meets in Oregon?
14. Where is the narrator at the beginning of Part 7?
(a) In a psychiatric hospital.
(b) In a women's prison.
(c) At her parents' house.
(d) In a boarding school.
15. After the incident with Jan, what do Jan and friends NOT try to do?
(a) Get her in trouble with the principal.
(b) Turn her in to the police.
(c) Threaten to give drug laced candy to her sister.
(d) Threaten to put drugs in her father's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What conflict does Anonymous struggle with just before school starts in Part 8?
2. Who puts Anonymous back in touch with her parents?
3. Which of the following do Anonymous's parents not do following her arrest?
4. What lie did Jan tell the police about Anonymous?
5. What warning does Anonymous have for both of her siblings near the end of Part 6?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)