|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He is too strict.
(b) He hits her.
(c) He is at work most of the time.
(d) He argues with her mother.
2. Where does Anonymous find her second job in Part 4?
(a) A jewelry store.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A casual clothing store.
(d) A lingerie shop.
3. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(d) Knowledge of jewelry.
4. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
(a) Get high and have sex.
(b) Get high and rob a store.
(c) Get married.
(d) Go to a party.
5. Near what college do Chris and Anonymous open their shop?
(b) San Franciso State.
6. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They are both isolated from others.
(b) They both have blond hair.
(c) Both of them have strange friends.
(d) They both explore a strange "new world."
7. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
(a) They owed money to the wrong people.
(b) They wanted to make their families upset.
(c) They just wanted to be out on their own.
(d) They met some boys that asked them to run away with them.
8. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
(a) They are in the same English class.
(b) They are next-door neighbors.
(c) They are both shy and intelligent.
(d) Beth is outgoing and funny.
9. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) Beth asks her to.
(b) Her grandmother dies.
(c) She makes a promise to her mother.
(d) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
10. What is first major event for the narrator in Part 2?
(a) She gets a new car.
(b) She skips school with some new friends.
(c) She gets expelled from school.
(d) She moves into her new home.
11. What about the family atmosphere makes Anonymous happy in Part 4?
(a) Her grandparents move in.
(b) She feels like they see her as an adult.
(c) She gets all the attention.
(d) They spend a lot of money on her.
12. How can narrator's father could best be described?
(a) Cruel, but apologetic.
(b) Loud, but kindly.
(c) Loving, but impatient.
(d) Loving, but distant.
13. Why is the narrator worried after her encounter with Bill?
(a) She thinks she might have contracted an STD.
(b) She's afraid that her parents might find out about it.
(c) Bill stops talking to her.
(d) She thinks she might be pregnant.
14. How do Chris and Anonymous's families react when they arrive at the airport?
(a) They are overjoyed to see them again.
(b) Anonymous's parents are angry, but Chris's parents are overjoyed.
(c) Chris's parents are angry, but Anonymous's parents are overjoyed.
(d) They are extremely upset with them for running away.
15. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
(a) She worries about what they'll do to the house once she and her family are gone.
(b) They don't seem as if they'll be able to pay for the house.
(c) They seem very strange.
(d) They might change their minds about buying the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is narrator's father's profession?
2. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
3. Who are Richie and Ted?
4. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
5. To what drug is the narrator introduced on her date?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)