|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
(a) "Button, button, who's got the button?"
(c) "Go fish."
(d) "Duck, duck, goose."
2. Where does the narrator live in Part 1?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) The exact setting is not revealed.
3. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) The boutique closed.
(b) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(c) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
(d) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
4. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
5. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
(a) They tied them up.
(b) Sheila drugged their drinks.
(c) They had taken a great deal of heroin.
(d) Anonymous and Chris were extremely drunk.
6. Which drugs does the narrator convince the doctor to prescribe to her?
(a) Birth control pills.
(b) Sleeping pills and tranquilizers.
(d) Sleeping pills and Valium.
7. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) Both of them have strange friends.
(b) They both explore a strange "new world."
(c) They both have blond hair.
(d) They are both isolated from others.
8. Near what college do Chris and Anonymous open their shop?
(d) San Franciso State.
9. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
(b) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
(c) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
(d) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
10. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Lock it in a strongbox.
(b) Lock it in her school locker.
(c) Hide it under her bed.
(d) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
11. What significant event occurs at one of Sheila's parties?
(a) Sheila and her boyfriend steal all of Chris and Anonymous' money and drugs.
(b) Sheila and her boyfriend rape Chris and Anonymous.
(c) Sheila and her boyfriend turn Chris and Anonymous in to the police.
(d) Sheila's boyfriend asks Sheila to marry him.
12. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
(a) Her grandparents' house is spooky at night.
(b) She won't see Beth all summer.
(c) She won't see her family all summer.
(d) She doesn't get along with her grandparents.
13. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
(b) Move to Los Angeles.
(c) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(d) Quit their jobs and move back home.
14. What is the name of the second friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
15. What is first major event for the narrator in Part 2?
(a) She gets a new car.
(b) She gets expelled from school.
(c) She moves into her new home.
(d) She skips school with some new friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
2. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
3. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
4. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
5. After she starts taking sleeping pills, what type of recurring vision does the narrator have?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)