|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
(a) Get married.
(b) Get high and have sex.
(c) Go to a party.
(d) Get high and rob a store.
2. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He is at work most of the time.
(b) He argues with her mother.
(c) He hits her.
(d) He is too strict.
3. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Move to Los Angeles.
(b) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(c) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
(d) Quit their jobs and move back home.
4. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
(a) If any of them are trying to go out with Roger.
(b) If any of their parents are as mean as hers.
(c) If any of them dislike their bodies like she does.
(d) If they would be friends with her.
5. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
(a) Her grandparents' house is spooky at night.
(b) She won't see her family all summer.
(c) She doesn't get along with her grandparents.
(d) She won't see Beth all summer.
6. What significant event occurs at one of Sheila's parties?
(a) Sheila and her boyfriend rape Chris and Anonymous.
(b) Sheila's boyfriend asks Sheila to marry him.
(c) Sheila and her boyfriend steal all of Chris and Anonymous' money and drugs.
(d) Sheila and her boyfriend turn Chris and Anonymous in to the police.
7. Part 1 ends soon after what holiday?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
8. What does Richie make Anonymous do in Part 3 that disgusts her?
(a) Go to a rave.
(b) Kiss another boy.
(c) Drink alcohol.
(d) Deal drugs to children.
9. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
(a) The students do drugs in their shop.
(b) The students complain about their prices.
(c) The students seem to lack direction.
(d) The students steal from them.
10. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(a) Knowledge of jewelry.
11. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
12. What is the main character's name?
(c) Her name isn't revealed.
13. Where does the narrator live in Part 1?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) The exact setting is not revealed.
(d) San Francisco, California.
14. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
15. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She has a huge fight with them.
(b) She moves out.
(c) She takes them to court.
(d) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
2. What does the narrator discover in Part 3 that briefly makes her happy?
3. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
4. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
5. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)