|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator live in Part 1?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Los Angeles, California.
(c) Portland, Oregon.
(d) The exact setting is not revealed.
2. What does the narrator consider doing in Part 1 in order to lose weight?
(a) Throwing her food away while her parents aren't looking.
(b) Throwing up after she eats.
(c) Trying out for the swim team.
(d) Trying out for the track team.
3. Who is Mr. Mellani?
(a) Anonymous's uncle.
(b) Anonymous's boss.
(c) Chris's father.
(d) Chris's boss.
4. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
(a) "The in-crowd."
(b) "The party."
(c) "The place."
(d) "The scene."
5. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
(a) "Dreaming of a white christmas."
(b) "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names."
(c) "Sleep in heavenly peace."
(d) "Joyful and triumphant."
6. Who does the main character run into while shopping with her grandmother?
(a) Jill - a friend of her mother's.
(c) Jill - a girl she used to go to school with.
7. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
8. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) Beth asks her to.
(b) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
(c) Her grandmother dies.
(d) She makes a promise to her mother.
9. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
(a) They both belong to the Art Club.
(b) They are both interested in photography.
(c) They are both social outcasts.
(d) They both play soccer.
10. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
(b) New Year's.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
11. What is narrator's father's profession?
(a) University professor.
(b) High school teacher.
12. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(b) New Year's.
(c) Memorial Day.
13. To what drug does Richie introduce Anonymous in Part 3?
14. Who are Richie and Ted?
(a) Two people Anonymous sees while hallucinating.
(b) Chris's friends from school.
(c) Regular customers of the boutique.
(d) Anonymous and Chris's new boyfriends.
15. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(b) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
(c) Move to Los Angeles.
(d) Quit their jobs and move back home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anonymous find her second job in Part 4?
2. What did Anonymous learn from Mr. Mellani?
3. How do Chris and Anonymous's families react when they arrive at the airport?
4. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
5. After her experience at the party, what does the narrator decide to ask Jill?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)