|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the relationship between the narrator and Richie evolve in Part 3?
(a) She decides to try to take the relationship a little slower.
(b) She falls in love with him.
(c) She begins to get bored with him.
(d) Richie grows bored and breaks up with her.
2. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Jill's friend Bobby.
(b) Jill's friend Bill.
(c) Jill's brother Bill.
(d) Jill's brother Bobby.
3. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
(a) They don't know anything anyway.
(b) They'll think she's a "dope."
(c) She'll have to take a Sex-Ed course if a teacher finds out.
(d) They'll think she's sleeping around.
4. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
(a) She doesn't get along with her grandparents.
(b) Her grandparents' house is spooky at night.
(c) She won't see Beth all summer.
(d) She won't see her family all summer.
5. What does the narrator's mother do to annoy her in Part 2?
(a) Nags the narrator about not doing her homework.
(b) Nags the narrator about her looks and attitude.
(c) Nags the narrator about her room being dirty.
(d) She has become too strict.
6. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
(a) In "tomboy" clothes.
(b) In beaded and fringed clothes.
(c) In long, fancy dresses.
(d) In t-shirts and jeans.
7. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Lock it in her school locker.
(b) Lock it in a strongbox.
(c) Hide it under her bed.
(d) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
8. Who does the main character run into while shopping with her grandmother?
(c) Jill - a girl she used to go to school with.
(d) Jill - a friend of her mother's.
9. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
(b) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
(c) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
(d) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
10. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) She makes a promise to her mother.
(b) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
(c) Her grandmother dies.
(d) Beth asks her to.
11. What does the narrator discover in Part 3 that briefly makes her happy?
(a) That she will get to stay with her grandparents on weekends.
(b) That Bill would like to see her again.
(c) That she's not pregnant.
(d) That they are moving back to her old town.
12. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
(a) "Eleanor Rigby."
(c) "She's Leaving Home."
13. Where does Anonymous find her first job in Part 4?
(a) A jewelry store.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) A lingerie shop.
(d) A supermarket.
14. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He argues with her mother.
(b) He hits her.
(c) He is too strict.
(d) He is at work most of the time.
15. How does the narrator try to make herself feel better?
(b) Joining a school club.
(d) Smoking cigarettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
2. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
3. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
4. Who is Mr. Mellani?
5. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
This section contains 617 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)