|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does the narrator have to Tim and Alexandria?
(a) They are her cousins.
(b) They are her older siblings.
(c) They are her younger siblings.
(d) They are her friends.
2. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
3. How can narrator's father could best be described?
(a) Cruel, but apologetic.
(b) Loving, but distant.
(c) Loud, but kindly.
(d) Loving, but impatient.
4. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
(a) A jewelry shop.
(b) An expensive store.
(c) A supermarket.
(d) A convenience store.
5. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
(a) They might change their minds about buying the house.
(b) They seem very strange.
(c) She worries about what they'll do to the house once she and her family are gone.
(d) They don't seem as if they'll be able to pay for the house.
6. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
(a) Her grandparents wake her up early to do chores.
(b) She feels excited about her relationship with Bill.
(c) She stays out late too much.
(d) She feels guilty.
7. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
(a) She gets fired.
(b) Her boss doesn't treat her well.
(c) She is inspired by Chris's better job.
(d) She doesn't receive her paycheck when she is supposed to.
8. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
(a) If any of their parents are as mean as hers.
(b) If they would be friends with her.
(c) If any of them are trying to go out with Roger.
(d) If any of them dislike their bodies like she does.
9. How does the narrator feel for the first few days of her stay with her grandparents?
10. What drug does Chris give the narrator?
11. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
(a) Roger tells her he's moving to her new town.
(b) Roger asks her out on a date.
(c) Roger rejects her again.
(d) Roger tells her he loves her.
12. How does the narrator try to make herself feel better?
(b) Joining a school club.
(c) Smoking cigarettes.
13. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
14. Who are Richie and Ted?
(a) Two people Anonymous sees while hallucinating.
(b) Chris's friends from school.
(c) Anonymous and Chris's new boyfriends.
(d) Regular customers of the boutique.
15. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She has a huge fight with them.
(b) She takes them to court.
(c) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
(d) She moves out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mr. Mellani?
2. To what drug does Richie introduce Anonymous in Part 3?
3. Why do the main character's parents start to lecture her in Part 3?
4. What happens to the main character after she drinks the Coca-Cola?
5. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)