|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
2. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(a) Memorial Day.
(c) New Year's.
3. What is one conflict that Anonymous has with her mother?
(a) Her mother doesn't want her to lose too much weight.
(b) Her mother found her diary and got angry.
(c) Her mother won't let her have a pet.
(d) Her mother won't let her go out with Roger.
4. How does the relationship between the narrator and Richie evolve in Part 3?
(a) She begins to get bored with him.
(b) She falls in love with him.
(c) Richie grows bored and breaks up with her.
(d) She decides to try to take the relationship a little slower.
5. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
(a) They don't know anything anyway.
(b) They'll think she's sleeping around.
(c) She'll have to take a Sex-Ed course if a teacher finds out.
(d) They'll think she's a "dope."
6. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
7. To what drug does Richie introduce Anonymous in Part 3?
8. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
(a) In t-shirts and jeans.
(b) In long, fancy dresses.
(c) In "tomboy" clothes.
(d) In beaded and fringed clothes.
9. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(b) Move to Los Angeles.
(c) Quit their jobs and move back home.
(d) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
10. How can narrator's father could best be described?
(a) Cruel, but apologetic.
(b) Loving, but distant.
(c) Loud, but kindly.
(d) Loving, but impatient.
11. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They are both isolated from others.
(b) Both of them have strange friends.
(c) They both explore a strange "new world."
(d) They both have blond hair.
12. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
(a) "Joyful and triumphant."
(b) "Dreaming of a white christmas."
(c) "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names."
(d) "Sleep in heavenly peace."
13. Why is the narrator worried after her encounter with Bill?
(a) She thinks she might be pregnant.
(b) She's afraid that her parents might find out about it.
(c) Bill stops talking to her.
(d) She thinks she might have contracted an STD.
14. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
(a) They are both interested in photography.
(b) They are both social outcasts.
(c) They both belong to the Art Club.
(d) They both play soccer.
15. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She moves out.
(b) She takes them to court.
(c) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
(d) She has a huge fight with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
2. What does Richie make Anonymous do in Part 3 that disgusts her?
3. What does the narrator call her parents?
4. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
5. Who is Shelia?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)