|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
(a) She and Beth have a fight.
(b) Beth met a boyfriend at summer camp.
(c) Beth moved away.
(d) She and Beth no longer have anything in common.
2. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
(a) They don't know anything anyway.
(b) She'll have to take a Sex-Ed course if a teacher finds out.
(c) They'll think she's sleeping around.
(d) They'll think she's a "dope."
3. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
4. What do Chris and Anonymous dream of doing at the beginning of Part 4?
(a) Opening a boutique.
(b) Buying a house.
(c) Finding husbands.
(d) Going to college.
5. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
6. What does the narrator call her parents?
(a) Mom and Pop.
(b) Mother and Father.
(c) Mom and Dad.
(d) Mommy and Daddy.
7. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
(a) Her grandparents wake her up early to do chores.
(b) She stays out late too much.
(c) She feels guilty.
(d) She feels excited about her relationship with Bill.
8. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(b) Knowledge of jewelry.
9. How can narrator's father could best be described?
(a) Loving, but distant.
(b) Loving, but impatient.
(c) Cruel, but apologetic.
(d) Loud, but kindly.
10. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
11. What is one conflict that Anonymous has with her mother?
(a) Her mother doesn't want her to lose too much weight.
(b) Her mother found her diary and got angry.
(c) Her mother won't let her go out with Roger.
(d) Her mother won't let her have a pet.
12. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(b) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
(c) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
(d) The boutique closed.
13. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
(b) She makes a promise to her mother.
(c) Beth asks her to.
(d) Her grandmother dies.
14. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
(a) Get high and rob a store.
(b) Go to a party.
(c) Get married.
(d) Get high and have sex.
15. Who is Shelia?
(a) Anonymous's mother.
(b) Anonymous's boss.
(c) Chris's boss.
(d) Chris's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
2. Why does the main character relate to Beth?
3. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
4. What does the narrator's mother do to annoy her in Part 2?
5. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)