|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
(a) In t-shirts and jeans.
(b) In "tomboy" clothes.
(c) In long, fancy dresses.
(d) In beaded and fringed clothes.
2. What do Chris and Anonymous dream of doing at the beginning of Part 4?
(a) Opening a boutique.
(b) Going to college.
(c) Buying a house.
(d) Finding husbands.
3. Who is Mr. Mellani?
(a) Anonymous's uncle.
(b) Chris's father.
(c) Chris's boss.
(d) Anonymous's boss.
4. What is first major event for the narrator in Part 2?
(a) She gets a new car.
(b) She skips school with some new friends.
(c) She gets expelled from school.
(d) She moves into her new home.
5. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
(a) At school.
(b) At a party.
(c) At a bookstore.
(d) At a boutique.
6. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
(a) She feels guilty.
(b) She feels excited about her relationship with Bill.
(c) Her grandparents wake her up early to do chores.
(d) She stays out late too much.
7. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(a) Knowledge of jewelry.
8. Who does the main character run into while shopping with her grandmother?
(c) Jill - a girl she used to go to school with.
(d) Jill - a friend of her mother's.
9. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(a) New Year's.
(b) Memorial Day.
10. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
(a) She and Beth no longer have anything in common.
(b) She and Beth have a fight.
(c) Beth met a boyfriend at summer camp.
(d) Beth moved away.
11. What does the narrator's mother do to annoy her in Part 2?
(a) Nags the narrator about her room being dirty.
(b) She has become too strict.
(c) Nags the narrator about not doing her homework.
(d) Nags the narrator about her looks and attitude.
12. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
(a) They'll think she's a "dope."
(b) She'll have to take a Sex-Ed course if a teacher finds out.
(c) They'll think she's sleeping around.
(d) They don't know anything anyway.
13. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
(a) If any of them are trying to go out with Roger.
(b) If any of them dislike their bodies like she does.
(c) If they would be friends with her.
(d) If any of their parents are as mean as hers.
14. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
(a) She stops writing as often.
(b) She has many more entries per day.
(c) She begins using "hippie" slang.
(d) She starts in write in code to hide the contents.
15. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
(a) They might change their minds about buying the house.
(b) She worries about what they'll do to the house once she and her family are gone.
(c) They seem very strange.
(d) They don't seem as if they'll be able to pay for the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator discover in Part 3 that briefly makes her happy?
2. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
3. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
4. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
5. What relationship does the narrator have to Tim and Alexandria?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)