|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anonymous wants to lose her her virginity to Roger, because she fears if she doesn't:
(a) She'll be a virgin for the rest of her life.
(b) She'll be the only one in the school who hasn't "gone all the way."
(c) He'll tell everyone she's a loser.
(d) He won't see her anymore.
2. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
(a) Roger asks her out on a date.
(b) Roger rejects her again.
(c) Roger tells her he's moving to her new town.
(d) Roger tells her he loves her.
3. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
(b) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
(c) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
(d) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
4. What does the narrator consider doing in Part 1 in order to lose weight?
(a) Throwing up after she eats.
(b) Trying out for the track team.
(c) Throwing her food away while her parents aren't looking.
(d) Trying out for the swim team.
5. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) A jewelry shop.
(d) An expensive store.
6. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
(a) "The party."
(b) "The in-crowd."
(c) "The place."
(d) "The scene."
7. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
(a) "Sleep in heavenly peace."
(b) "Dreaming of a white christmas."
(c) "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names."
(d) "Joyful and triumphant."
8. Why is Anonymous afraid to ask to her friends or her family about sex?
(a) She'll have to take a Sex-Ed course if a teacher finds out.
(b) They'll think she's a "dope."
(c) They'll think she's sleeping around.
(d) They don't know anything anyway.
9. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
(b) "Duck, duck, goose."
(c) "Button, button, who's got the button?"
(d) "Go fish."
10. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
(a) She has many more entries per day.
(b) She starts in write in code to hide the contents.
(c) She begins using "hippie" slang.
(d) She stops writing as often.
11. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They both have blond hair.
(b) They both explore a strange "new world."
(c) They are both isolated from others.
(d) Both of them have strange friends.
12. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
13. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
(b) Her grandmother dies.
(c) She makes a promise to her mother.
(d) Beth asks her to.
14. Where does Anonymous find her second job in Part 4?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A casual clothing store.
(c) A jewelry store.
(d) A lingerie shop.
15. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
(a) The students complain about their prices.
(b) The students do drugs in their shop.
(c) The students steal from them.
(d) The students seem to lack direction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator's mother do to annoy her in Part 2?
2. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
3. Who does the main character run into while shopping with her grandmother?
4. After she starts taking sleeping pills, what type of recurring vision does the narrator have?
5. What do Chris and Anonymous dream of doing at the beginning of Part 4?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)