|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator feel for the first few days of her stay with her grandparents?
2. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
(a) They both belong to the Art Club.
(b) They are both interested in photography.
(c) They are both social outcasts.
(d) They both play soccer.
3. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
4. What is one conflict that Anonymous has with her mother?
(a) Her mother won't let her go out with Roger.
(b) Her mother won't let her have a pet.
(c) Her mother found her diary and got angry.
(d) Her mother doesn't want her to lose too much weight.
5. What is narrator's father's profession?
(c) High school teacher.
(d) University professor.
6. How can narrator's father could best be described?
(a) Cruel, but apologetic.
(b) Loving, but distant.
(c) Loving, but impatient.
(d) Loud, but kindly.
7. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
(b) Lock it in a strongbox.
(c) Lock it in her school locker.
(d) Hide it under her bed.
8. What does the narrator say that she wants to be in Part 1?
(a) "A successful doctor."
(b) "A good mother."
(c) "A famous model."
(d) "Someone important."
9. What is the name of the second friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
10. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
(a) Beth moved away.
(b) Beth met a boyfriend at summer camp.
(c) She and Beth have a fight.
(d) She and Beth no longer have anything in common.
11. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
(a) "She's Leaving Home."
(c) "Eleanor Rigby."
12. Who is Mr. Mellani?
(a) Chris's father.
(b) Anonymous's boss.
(c) Anonymous's uncle.
(d) Chris's boss.
13. What is one reason that the narrator worries about moving?
(a) Her favorite store will be too far away.
(b) She'll be far away from her grandparents.
(c) She doesn't like the new house.
(d) She'll miss her old school.
14. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
15. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They are both isolated from others.
(b) They both explore a strange "new world."
(c) Both of them have strange friends.
(d) They both have blond hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the main character excited after her shopping trip in Part 2?
2. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
3. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
4. How does the narrator try to make herself feel better?
5. What is first major event for the narrator in Part 2?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)