|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(a) Memorial Day.
(c) New Year's.
2. What is first major event for the narrator in Part 2?
(a) She gets a new car.
(b) She skips school with some new friends.
(c) She gets expelled from school.
(d) She moves into her new home.
3. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
(a) They had taken a great deal of heroin.
(b) They tied them up.
(c) Anonymous and Chris were extremely drunk.
(d) Sheila drugged their drinks.
4. What is one conflict that Anonymous has with her mother?
(a) Her mother doesn't want her to lose too much weight.
(b) Her mother won't let her have a pet.
(c) Her mother won't let her go out with Roger.
(d) Her mother found her diary and got angry.
5. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He is at work most of the time.
(b) He is too strict.
(c) He argues with her mother.
(d) He hits her.
6. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
(a) Get married.
(b) Get high and rob a store.
(c) Go to a party.
(d) Get high and have sex.
7. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
(a) She stays out late too much.
(b) Her grandparents wake her up early to do chores.
(c) She feels guilty.
(d) She feels excited about her relationship with Bill.
8. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
(a) Their house was robbed and they don't feel safe there anymore.
(b) Their house burned down.
(c) Her father takes a better job.
(d) Her mother is pregnant and they'll need more space for the baby.
9. After she starts taking sleeping pills, what type of recurring vision does the narrator have?
(a) Being eaten by worms.
(b) Having her diary stolen.
(c) A ghost.
(d) Falling off of a cliff.
10. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
(a) Insecure & moody.
(b) Shallow & cruel.
(c) Kind & wise.
(d) Friendly & outgoing.
11. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
(a) At a bookstore.
(b) At school.
(c) At a party.
(d) At a boutique.
12. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
(b) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
(c) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
(d) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
13. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
14. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
(a) She turned him into the police.
(b) She stole his drugs.
(c) Richie is stalking her.
(d) She stole his money.
15. What happens to the main character after she drinks the Coca-Cola?
(a) She has a fight with Jill.
(b) She begins to hallucinate.
(c) Her grandmother finds out where she is.
(d) She feels sick to her stomach.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Chris and Anonymous's families react when they arrive at the airport?
2. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
3. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
4. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
5. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)