|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the main character somewhat excited about moving?
(a) No one at her new school will know what a "loser" she is.
(b) The new house has a bigger backyard.
(c) She hates the house she lives in.
(d) She won't have to share a room in her new house.
2. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
(b) She has a huge fight with them.
(c) She takes them to court.
(d) She moves out.
3. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(b) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
(c) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
(d) The boutique closed.
4. Who are Richie and Ted?
(a) Chris's friends from school.
(b) Regular customers of the boutique.
(c) Two people Anonymous sees while hallucinating.
(d) Anonymous and Chris's new boyfriends.
5. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Lock it in her school locker.
(b) Hide it under her bed.
(c) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
(d) Lock it in a strongbox.
6. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Jill's friend Bobby.
(b) Jill's brother Bill.
(c) Jill's brother Bobby.
(d) Jill's friend Bill.
7. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
(a) She has many more entries per day.
(b) She begins using "hippie" slang.
(c) She stops writing as often.
(d) She starts in write in code to hide the contents.
8. Who is Mr. Mellani?
(a) Chris's father.
(b) Anonymous's uncle.
(c) Anonymous's boss.
(d) Chris's boss.
9. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
(a) They both belong to the Art Club.
(b) They are both social outcasts.
(c) They are both interested in photography.
(d) They both play soccer.
10. To what drug is the narrator introduced on her date?
11. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Move to Los Angeles.
(b) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
(c) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(d) Quit their jobs and move back home.
12. How could the narrator's first experiences at her new school be described?
(a) Negative; she has too much homework.
(b) Positive; she makes several new friends right away.
(c) Positive; she likes her teachers.
(d) Negative; she feels like everyone dislikes her.
13. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(d) Knowledge of jewelry.
14. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(a) Memorial Day.
(d) New Year's.
15. What does the narrator discover in Part 3 that briefly makes her happy?
(a) That she will get to stay with her grandparents on weekends.
(b) That they are moving back to her old town.
(c) That Bill would like to see her again.
(d) That she's not pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
2. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
3. Which drugs does the narrator convince the doctor to prescribe to her?
4. What is Beth's religious background?
5. How does the relationship between the narrator and Richie evolve in Part 3?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)