|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
(a) Roger tells her he loves her.
(b) Roger tells her he's moving to her new town.
(c) Roger rejects her again.
(d) Roger asks her out on a date.
2. Part 1 ends soon after what holiday?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) New Year's Day.
3. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
4. When the narrator returns to school, why doesn't she spend time with Beth?
(a) Beth moved away.
(b) Beth met a boyfriend at summer camp.
(c) She and Beth have a fight.
(d) She and Beth no longer have anything in common.
5. Who is Shelia?
(a) Anonymous's boss.
(b) Chris's mother.
(c) Anonymous's mother.
(d) Chris's boss.
6. Why do the main character's parents start to lecture her in Part 3?
(a) She's acting and dressing "like a hippie."
(b) She never pays attention to her siblings.
(c) She never cleans up after herself.
(d) She stops going to church.
7. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
(a) At a bookstore.
(b) At a boutique.
(c) At a party.
(d) At school.
8. Why is the main character somewhat excited about moving?
(a) No one at her new school will know what a "loser" she is.
(b) She won't have to share a room in her new house.
(c) She hates the house she lives in.
(d) The new house has a bigger backyard.
9. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
10. Anonymous wants to lose her her virginity to Roger, because she fears if she doesn't:
(a) He won't see her anymore.
(b) He'll tell everyone she's a loser.
(c) She'll be a virgin for the rest of her life.
(d) She'll be the only one in the school who hasn't "gone all the way."
11. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
(b) Lock it in her school locker.
(c) Lock it in a strongbox.
(d) Hide it under her bed.
12. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
(a) A supermarket.
(b) A convenience store.
(c) An expensive store.
(d) A jewelry shop.
13. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
(a) In "tomboy" clothes.
(b) In long, fancy dresses.
(c) In beaded and fringed clothes.
(d) In t-shirts and jeans.
14. Where does the narrator live in Part 1?
(a) Portland, Oregon.
(b) The exact setting is not revealed.
(c) Los Angeles, California.
(d) San Francisco, California.
15. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
(a) If any of them are trying to go out with Roger.
(b) If they would be friends with her.
(c) If any of them dislike their bodies like she does.
(d) If any of their parents are as mean as hers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Beth's religious background?
2. Who does the main character run into while shopping with her grandmother?
3. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
4. What about the family atmosphere makes Anonymous happy in Part 4?
5. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)