|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Part 1 ends soon after what holiday?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
2. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
(a) She stole his drugs.
(b) Richie is stalking her.
(c) She turned him into the police.
(d) She stole his money.
3. What is the nature of the narrator's relationship with her grandparents?
4. Why is Anonymous upset about Roger at the beginning of Part 1?
(a) He dismissed her.
(b) He told her she was ugly.
(c) He cheated on her with another girl from school.
(d) He won't take drugs with her.
5. Why do the main character's parents start to lecture her in Part 3?
(a) She stops going to church.
(b) She's acting and dressing "like a hippie."
(c) She never cleans up after herself.
(d) She never pays attention to her siblings.
6. How does the narrator feel for the first few days of her stay with her grandparents?
7. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(c) Knowledge of jewelry.
8. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) Her grandmother dies.
(b) She makes a promise to her mother.
(c) Beth asks her to.
(d) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
9. After she starts taking sleeping pills, what type of recurring vision does the narrator have?
(a) Having her diary stolen.
(b) Falling off of a cliff.
(c) A ghost.
(d) Being eaten by worms.
10. What significant event occurs at one of Sheila's parties?
(a) Sheila and her boyfriend steal all of Chris and Anonymous' money and drugs.
(b) Sheila's boyfriend asks Sheila to marry him.
(c) Sheila and her boyfriend rape Chris and Anonymous.
(d) Sheila and her boyfriend turn Chris and Anonymous in to the police.
11. Who is Shelia?
(a) Chris's boss.
(b) Chris's mother.
(c) Anonymous's boss.
(d) Anonymous's mother.
12. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
(a) They might change their minds about buying the house.
(b) They seem very strange.
(c) They don't seem as if they'll be able to pay for the house.
(d) She worries about what they'll do to the house once she and her family are gone.
13. Where does Beth have to go for the summer?
(a) Summer camp.
(d) To visit her father.
14. How can narrator's father could best be described?
(a) Loving, but distant.
(b) Loving, but impatient.
(c) Cruel, but apologetic.
(d) Loud, but kindly.
15. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He is at work most of the time.
(b) He hits her.
(c) He is too strict.
(d) He argues with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
2. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
3. What Christmas carol lyric does Anonymous relate to in her Christmas Day entry in Part 4?
4. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
5. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)