|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
(a) She feels excited about her relationship with Bill.
(b) Her grandparents wake her up early to do chores.
(c) She stays out late too much.
(d) She feels guilty.
2. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
(b) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(c) The boutique closed.
(d) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
3. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
4. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
(a) Free speech.
(b) Dietary restrictions.
5. Why is the main character excited after her shopping trip in Part 2?
(a) Her grandmother bought her a new dress.
(b) She made a new friend.
(c) She was invited to a party.
(d) She was asked on a date.
6. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
(b) New Year's.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
7. Where does Beth have to go for the summer?
(b) Summer camp.
(d) To visit her father.
8. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
9. What is narrator's father's profession?
(a) University professor.
(c) High school teacher.
10. Why was it easy for Sheila and and boyfriend to take advantage of Chris and Anonymous at the party?
(a) They had taken a great deal of heroin.
(b) Sheila drugged their drinks.
(c) They tied them up.
(d) Anonymous and Chris were extremely drunk.
11. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
(a) "The party."
(b) "The place."
(c) "The scene."
(d) "The in-crowd."
12. After her experience at the party, what does the narrator decide to ask Jill?
(a) Whether she has any marijuana.
(b) Whether she has any more acid.
(c) To have lunch the next day.
(d) If she's having another party soon.
13. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
(b) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
(c) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
(d) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
14. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
(b) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(c) Move to Los Angeles.
(d) Quit their jobs and move back home.
15. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
(a) They just wanted to be out on their own.
(b) They owed money to the wrong people.
(c) They wanted to make their families upset.
(d) They met some boys that asked them to run away with them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
2. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
3. What drug does Chris give the narrator?
4. What is one reason that the narrator worries about moving?
5. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)