|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
(a) She turned him into the police.
(b) She stole his drugs.
(c) She stole his money.
(d) Richie is stalking her.
2. To what is the "game" at the party compared?
(b) "Duck, duck, goose."
(c) "Button, button, who's got the button?"
(d) "Go fish."
3. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
(a) At a bookstore.
(b) At school.
(c) At a party.
(d) At a boutique.
4. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
(a) A jewelry shop.
(b) A supermarket.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) An expensive store.
5. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They both have blond hair.
(b) They both explore a strange "new world."
(c) Both of them have strange friends.
(d) They are both isolated from others.
6. How could the narrator's first experiences at her new school be described?
(a) Negative; she has too much homework.
(b) Positive; she makes several new friends right away.
(c) Negative; she feels like everyone dislikes her.
(d) Positive; she likes her teachers.
7. What drug does Chris give the narrator?
8. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
9. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
(b) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(c) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
(d) The boutique closed.
10. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Lock it in her school locker.
(b) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
(c) Hide it under her bed.
(d) Lock it in a strongbox.
11. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
(a) She worries about what they'll do to the house once she and her family are gone.
(b) They don't seem as if they'll be able to pay for the house.
(c) They might change their minds about buying the house.
(d) They seem very strange.
12. What is the main character's name?
(a) Her name isn't revealed.
13. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He hits her.
(b) He is too strict.
(c) He is at work most of the time.
(d) He argues with her mother.
14. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
(a) In "tomboy" clothes.
(b) In long, fancy dresses.
(c) In t-shirts and jeans.
(d) In beaded and fringed clothes.
15. Why is the narrator worried after her encounter with Bill?
(a) She thinks she might be pregnant.
(b) Bill stops talking to her.
(c) She thinks she might have contracted an STD.
(d) She's afraid that her parents might find out about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
2. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
3. What does the narrator's mother do to annoy her in Part 2?
4. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
5. What was in the Coca-Cola?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)