|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could the narrator's first experiences at her new school be described?
(a) Positive; she likes her teachers.
(b) Positive; she makes several new friends right away.
(c) Negative; she feels like everyone dislikes her.
(d) Negative; she has too much homework.
2. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(b) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
(c) Move to Los Angeles.
(d) Quit their jobs and move back home.
3. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
(a) An expensive store.
(b) A jewelry shop.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A supermarket.
4. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Hide it under her bed.
(b) Lock it in a strongbox.
(c) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
(d) Lock it in her school locker.
5. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
6. What does Anonymous wonder about the other girls at school?
(a) If they would be friends with her.
(b) If any of their parents are as mean as hers.
(c) If any of them dislike their bodies like she does.
(d) If any of them are trying to go out with Roger.
7. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
(c) Dietary restrictions.
(d) Free speech.
8. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
(a) Friendly & outgoing.
(b) Shallow & cruel.
(c) Kind & wise.
(d) Insecure & moody.
9. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
10. Why is the main character excited after her shopping trip in Part 2?
(a) Her grandmother bought her a new dress.
(b) She was invited to a party.
(c) She was asked on a date.
(d) She made a new friend.
11. What did Anonymous learn from Mr. Mellani?
(a) Knowledge of jewelry.
12. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
(a) She turned him into the police.
(b) She stole his money.
(c) She stole his drugs.
(d) Richie is stalking her.
13. What is narrator's father's profession?
(c) High school teacher.
(d) University professor.
14. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
(a) Knowledge of jewelry.
15. What is the slang name Anonymous uses for a lifestyle of partying and drug use?
(a) "The in-crowd."
(b) "The party."
(c) "The place."
(d) "The scene."
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the narrator runs into Roger?
2. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
3. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
4. Near what college do Chris and Anonymous open their shop?
5. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)