|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is narrator's father's profession?
(a) High school teacher.
(b) University professor.
2. What is Beth's religious background?
(a) Jehovah's Witness.
3. What happens that makes the narrator resolve not to use drugs?
(a) Beth asks her to.
(b) Her grandmother dies.
(c) Her grandfather has a heart attack.
(d) She makes a promise to her mother.
4. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
(a) Lock it in a strongbox.
(b) Lock it in her school locker.
(c) Hide it under her bed.
(d) Hide it in her dresser drawer.
5. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
(b) "Eleanor Rigby."
(d) "She's Leaving Home."
6. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
7. How could Tim and Alexandria's first experiences at their new school be described?
(a) Negative; they don't make any friends.
(b) Positive; they make friends easily.
(c) Negative; they don't like their teachers.
(d) Positive; their classes are easy.
8. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
(a) Kind & wise.
(b) Shallow & cruel.
(c) Friendly & outgoing.
(d) Insecure & moody.
9. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
(a) She won't see Beth all summer.
(b) She doesn't get along with her grandparents.
(c) She won't see her family all summer.
(d) Her grandparents' house is spooky at night.
10. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
(a) Her grandparents wake her up early to do chores.
(b) She feels excited about her relationship with Bill.
(c) She feels guilty.
(d) She stays out late too much.
11. What is the name of the second friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
12. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(c) New Year's.
(d) Memorial Day.
13. Part 1 ends soon after what holiday?
(a) New Year's Day.
(c) Independence Day.
14. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
(b) New Year's.
(d) St. Patrick's Day.
15. Which of the following words best describes the main character's experience at Christmas?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Richie and Ted?
2. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
3. What did Anonymous learn from Mr. Mellani?
4. Why is the narrator worried after her encounter with Bill?
5. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)