|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After she starts taking sleeping pills, what type of recurring vision does the narrator have?
(a) A ghost.
(b) Falling off of a cliff.
(c) Having her diary stolen.
(d) Being eaten by worms.
2. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
(a) She feels guilty.
(b) She stays out late too much.
(c) Her grandparents wake her up early to do chores.
(d) She feels excited about her relationship with Bill.
3. Part 1 ends soon after what holiday?
(a) Independence Day.
(b) New Year's Day.
4. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
(b) "Eleanor Rigby."
(c) "She's Leaving Home."
5. At the end of Part 3, why is Anonymous afraid of what Richie might do to her?
(a) Richie is stalking her.
(b) She stole his money.
(c) She turned him into the police.
(d) She stole his drugs.
6. Who are Richie and Ted?
(a) Chris's friends from school.
(b) Two people Anonymous sees while hallucinating.
(c) Anonymous and Chris's new boyfriends.
(d) Regular customers of the boutique.
7. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
(c) Free speech.
(d) Dietary restrictions.
8. What do Anonymous and Chris's families believe is the reason that they ran away?
(a) They owed money to the wrong people.
(b) They met some boys that asked them to run away with them.
(c) They wanted to make their families upset.
(d) They just wanted to be out on their own.
9. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
(a) She doesn't receive her paycheck when she is supposed to.
(b) Her boss doesn't treat her well.
(c) She gets fired.
(d) She is inspired by Chris's better job.
10. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
(a) She doesn't have feelings for him anymore.
(b) She's still angry that Roger rejected her earlier.
(c) She found out that Roger was spreading rumors about her.
(d) She's ashamed of the things she's done recently.
11. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
(a) A jewelry shop.
(b) An expensive store.
(c) A convenience store.
(d) A supermarket.
12. How do Chris and Anonymous's families react when they arrive at the airport?
(a) Anonymous's parents are angry, but Chris's parents are overjoyed.
(b) They are overjoyed to see them again.
(c) Chris's parents are angry, but Anonymous's parents are overjoyed.
(d) They are extremely upset with them for running away.
13. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
(a) The students complain about their prices.
(b) The students steal from them.
(c) The students seem to lack direction.
(d) The students do drugs in their shop.
14. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
(a) She has a huge fight with them.
(b) She spends more with Chris and gets a job at the boutique.
(c) She takes them to court.
(d) She moves out.
15. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
(a) They are both isolated from others.
(b) Both of them have strange friends.
(c) They both explore a strange "new world."
(d) They both have blond hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What valuable skill did Chris learn from Sheila?
2. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
3. What is Beth's religious background?
4. To what drug is the narrator introduced on her date?
5. What did Anonymous learn from Mr. Mellani?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)