|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator discover in Part 3 that briefly makes her happy?
(a) That Bill would like to see her again.
(b) That she's not pregnant.
(c) That she will get to stay with her grandparents on weekends.
(d) That they are moving back to her old town.
2. Where does the narrator meet Chris?
(a) At school.
(b) At a bookstore.
(c) At a party.
(d) At a boutique.
3. Why is the narrator worried after her encounter with Bill?
(a) Bill stops talking to her.
(b) She's afraid that her parents might find out about it.
(c) She thinks she might be pregnant.
(d) She thinks she might have contracted an STD.
4. What is first major event for the narrator in Part 2?
(a) She skips school with some new friends.
(b) She gets expelled from school.
(c) She gets a new car.
(d) She moves into her new home.
5. How could the narrator's first experiences at her new school be described?
(a) Positive; she makes several new friends right away.
(b) Negative; she has too much homework.
(c) Negative; she feels like everyone dislikes her.
(d) Positive; she likes her teachers.
6. Why does Anonymous leave her first job in San Francisco?
(a) She doesn't receive her paycheck when she is supposed to.
(b) She is inspired by Chris's better job.
(c) She gets fired.
(d) Her boss doesn't treat her well.
7. What is one reason that the narrator worries about moving?
(a) Her favorite store will be too far away.
(b) She doesn't like the new house.
(c) She'll miss her old school.
(d) She'll be far away from her grandparents.
8. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Jill's friend Bobby.
(b) Jill's brother Bill.
(c) Jill's brother Bobby.
(d) Jill's friend Bill.
9. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
(a) The students seem to lack direction.
(b) The students complain about their prices.
(c) The students do drugs in their shop.
(d) The students steal from them.
10. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
11. What is the main problem in the main character's relationship with her father?
(a) He is at work most of the time.
(b) He argues with her mother.
(c) He is too strict.
(d) He hits her.
12. What is narrator's father's profession?
(a) High school teacher.
(b) University professor.
13. What is Beth's religious background?
(b) Jehovah's Witness.
14. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
15. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
(a) They are both social outcasts.
(b) They both play soccer.
(c) They are both interested in photography.
(d) They both belong to the Art Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
2. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
3. Why is Anonymous upset about Roger at the beginning of Part 1?
4. How does the narrator feel for the first few days of her stay with her grandparents?
5. What is the main character's name?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)