|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(c) New Year's.
(d) Memorial Day.
2. What drug does Chris give the narrator?
3. What does the narrator say that she wants to be in Part 1?
(a) "A famous model."
(b) "A successful doctor."
(c) "A good mother."
(d) "Someone important."
4. With whom does the main character have a date at the beginning of Part 3?
(a) Jill's friend Bill.
(b) Jill's brother Bobby.
(c) Jill's friend Bobby.
(d) Jill's brother Bill.
5. What can the reader infer from the narrator's vocabulary and style of writing?
(a) She is mentally ill.
(b) She is probably very wealthy.
(c) She is not very educated.
(d) She is intelligent and well-spoken for her age.
6. What Beatles's song makes Alice upset in Part 4?
(a) "Eleanor Rigby."
(b) "She's Leaving Home."
7. What does the narrator call her parents?
(a) Mother and Father.
(b) Mom and Pop.
(c) Mommy and Daddy.
(d) Mom and Dad.
8. After she starts taking sleeping pills, what type of recurring vision does the narrator have?
(a) Being eaten by worms.
(b) A ghost.
(c) Having her diary stolen.
(d) Falling off of a cliff.
9. Who are Richie and Ted?
(a) Anonymous and Chris's new boyfriends.
(b) Two people Anonymous sees while hallucinating.
(c) Chris's friends from school.
(d) Regular customers of the boutique.
10. How does the relationship between the narrator and Richie evolve in Part 3?
(a) She falls in love with him.
(b) Richie grows bored and breaks up with her.
(c) She begins to get bored with him.
(d) She decides to try to take the relationship a little slower.
11. Who is Shelia?
(a) Chris's mother.
(b) Anonymous's boss.
(c) Anonymous's mother.
(d) Chris's boss.
12. What word best describes Anonymous and Chris's apartment in San Francisco?
13. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
(a) She stops writing as often.
(b) She starts in write in code to hide the contents.
(c) She has many more entries per day.
(d) She begins using "hippie" slang.
14. What is narrator's father's profession?
(a) University professor.
(c) High school teacher.
15. What is Beth's religious background?
(b) Jehovah's Witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one conflict that Anonymous has with her mother?
2. How does the narrator feel for the first few days of her stay with her grandparents?
3. How does the narrator intend to keep the diary a secret from now on?
4. What happens as a result of the narrator's parents' criticism?
5. Why does the main character compare herself to Alice from Alice in Wonderland?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)