|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
(a) Her mother is pregnant and they'll need more space for the baby.
(b) Their house burned down.
(c) Their house was robbed and they don't feel safe there anymore.
(d) Her father takes a better job.
2. How can narrator's father could best be described?
(a) Loving, but impatient.
(b) Loud, but kindly.
(c) Cruel, but apologetic.
(d) Loving, but distant.
3. Part 4 ends right after what holiday?
(b) New Year's.
(c) St. Patrick's Day.
4. At the end of Part 1, the narrator's mood could best be described as:
5. Which drugs does the narrator convince the doctor to prescribe to her?
(a) Sleeping pills and tranquilizers.
(b) Birth control pills.
(c) Sleeping pills and Valium.
6. What happens to the main character after she drinks the Coca-Cola?
(a) She feels sick to her stomach.
(b) She begins to hallucinate.
(c) She has a fight with Jill.
(d) Her grandmother finds out where she is.
7. What is first major event for the narrator in Part 2?
(a) She gets expelled from school.
(b) She skips school with some new friends.
(c) She moves into her new home.
(d) She gets a new car.
8. Who is Mr. Mellani?
(a) Chris's boss.
(b) Anonymous's uncle.
(c) Anonymous's boss.
(d) Chris's father.
9. How could the main character's relationship with her mother best be described?
10. What two words best describe the main character in Part 1?
(a) Insecure & moody.
(b) Friendly & outgoing.
(c) Shallow & cruel.
(d) Kind & wise.
11. What is the main character's name?
(d) Her name isn't revealed.
12. How does the narrator's writing change in Part 3?
(a) She begins using "hippie" slang.
(b) She has many more entries per day.
(c) She stops writing as often.
(d) She starts in write in code to hide the contents.
13. What was the "trigger" for the narrator's decision to move away with Chris?
(a) The boutique closed.
(b) She and Chris found Richie and Ted in bed together.
(c) Richie and Ted broke up with Anonymous and Chris.
(d) Her parents kicked her out of the house.
14. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
(c) Free speech.
(d) Dietary restrictions.
15. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
(a) They seem very strange.
(b) They don't seem as if they'll be able to pay for the house.
(c) She worries about what they'll do to the house once she and her family are gone.
(d) They might change their minds about buying the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Chris find a job in Part 4?
2. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
3. What do Bill and the narrator do shortly after she resolves not to use drugs?
4. Why does the main character relate to Gerta?
5. What is the name of the first friend that the narrator makes at school in Part 2?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)