Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is the narrator at the beginning of the story?
2. What significant event occurs at one of Sheila's parties?
(a) Sheila and her boyfriend turn Chris and Anonymous in to the police.
(b) Sheila and her boyfriend steal all of Chris and Anonymous' money and drugs.
(c) Sheila's boyfriend asks Sheila to marry him.
(d) Sheila and her boyfriend rape Chris and Anonymous.
3. Why doesn't the narrator want to go her grandparents' house for the summer?
(a) Her grandparents' house is spooky at night.
(b) She won't see Beth all summer.
(c) She won't see her family all summer.
(d) She doesn't get along with her grandparents.
4. How does the relationship between the narrator and Richie evolve in Part 3?
(a) Richie grows bored and breaks up with her.
(b) She decides to try to take the relationship a little slower.
(c) She begins to get bored with him.
(d) She falls in love with him.
5. What did Anonymous learn from Mr. Mellani?
(a) Knowledge of jewelry.
6. Why are Chris and Anonymous troubled by the students who frequent their shop?
(a) The students do drugs in their shop.
(b) The students seem to lack direction.
(c) The students steal from them.
(d) The students complain about their prices.
7. What does the narrator consider doing in Part 1 in order to lose weight?
(a) Throwing up after she eats.
(b) Trying out for the swim team.
(c) Trying out for the track team.
(d) Throwing her food away while her parents aren't looking.
8. What does the narrator say that she wants to be in Part 1?
(a) "A good mother."
(b) "A famous model."
(c) "A successful doctor."
(d) "Someone important."
9. Why does the narrator worry about the new owners of her house?
(a) They might change their minds about buying the house.
(b) They don't seem as if they'll be able to pay for the house.
(c) She worries about what they'll do to the house once she and her family are gone.
(d) They seem very strange.
10. What do Chris and Anonymous decide to do following the events of Sheila's party?
(a) Quit their jobs and become actresses.
(b) Move to Los Angeles.
(c) Quit their jobs and open a boutique.
(d) Quit their jobs and move back home.
11. When do Chris and Anonymous decide to go home?
(c) Memorial Day.
(d) New Year's.
12. Why are the narrator and her family moving to a new home?
(a) Her mother is pregnant and they'll need more space for the baby.
(b) Her father takes a better job.
(c) Their house was robbed and they don't feel safe there anymore.
(d) Their house burned down.
13. Which drugs does the narrator convince the doctor to prescribe to her?
(a) Sleeping pills and tranquilizers.
(c) Birth control pills.
(d) Sleeping pills and Valium.
14. What does Richie make Anonymous do in Part 3 that disgusts her?
(a) Deal drugs to children.
(b) Drink alcohol.
(c) Kiss another boy.
(d) Go to a rave.
15. Why do the main character's parents start to lecture her in Part 3?
(a) She's acting and dressing "like a hippie."
(b) She never pays attention to her siblings.
(c) She never cleans up after herself.
(d) She stops going to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator begin to dress in the middle of Part 3?
2. To what drug is the narrator introduced on her date?
3. The main character is fascinated by Beth's religious views on:
4. Why can't the narrator sleep during Part 3?
5. Why does the narrator reject Roger?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)