* The unnamed female narrator writes in her first diary entry that she has been rejected by Roger, a boy that she has a crush on.
* Anonymous's mood changes wildly as she describes her reaction to Roger's rejection.
* She expresses insecurities about her body and sexuality, and catalogs the many ways she has tried to lose weight.
* She seethes about the conflict she has with her mother about under-eating.
* Paradoxically, she describes a joyous Christmas and speaks with glowing affection about her mother.
* The narrator's family must move to a new town because her father has accepted a better job.
* She is both excited and terrified at the possibility of starting over in a new town.
* The narrator and her family move into their new house, and the narrator has trouble adjusting at home and at school.
* Her relationship with her parents deteriorates as she sees less...
This section contains 1,293 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)