• The unnamed female narrator writes in her first diary entry that she has been rejected by Roger, a boy that she has a crush on.
• Anonymous's mood changes wildly as she describes her reaction to Roger's rejection.
• She expresses insecurities about her body and sexuality, and catalogs the many ways she has tried to lose weight.
• She seethes about the conflict she has with her mother about under-eating.
• Paradoxically, she describes a joyous Christmas and speaks with glowing affection about her mother.
• The narrator's family must move to a new town because her father has accepted a better job.
• She is both excited and terrified at the possibility of starting over in a new town.
• The narrator and her family move into their new house, and the narrator has trouble adjusting at home and at school.
• Her relationship with her parents deteriorates as she sees less...
This section contains 1,440 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)