|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) A leper.
(b) The priest.
(c) The King.
(d) His cousin.
2. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(d) Holy Spirit.
3. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) New leader.
(b) Middle world.
(c) Third heaven.
(d) New church.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
2. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
3. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jesus challenge his apostles to do in order to see that he has indeed resurrected?
2. How do the Gnostic texts portray the God that is present in the story of Adam and Eve in the tale of creation?
3. After the death of Judas, the only true candidate for succession was which apostle?
4. What was the debate the gnostic teachers had about the idea of the Dyad in the relationship of God?
5. What are the two occasions described in the Bible in which the reappearance of Jesus might be called into question?
6. What does Pagels want to express in terms of relationship to the Gnostic gospels?
7. Why does Pagels state that the retelling of the story of Eden becomes problematic for those who consider themselves to be Christian?
8. What do most people agree about in terms of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ?
9. Even during the time of the Reformation, what did the Protestant sects adhere to in terms of a doctrine?
10. What does Jesus tell Thomas when Thomas requests that Jesus give him directions on how to get to the next level?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)