|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) Goat meat.
(b) Broiled fish.
(d) A loaf of bread.
3. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Third heaven.
(b) Middle world.
(c) New church.
(d) New leader.
5. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) Noah's ark.
(c) The crucifixion.
(d) The Black Plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
2. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
3. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
4. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
5. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the primary goal of the Valentianians in the way they lived and followed their beliefs?
2. When Paul is writing in his letters, he refers to something that is 'whether it is in the body or out of the body I do not know.' What is he referring to?
3. What made the idea of there only being a strict and narrow path to God so attractive to the orthodox?
4. How do the Gnostic texts portray the God that is present in the story of Adam and Eve in the tale of creation?
5. What did Hippolytus, great enemy of the agnostics, accuse Callistus of?
6. What has created a lot of controversy when it comes to discussions between scholars of biblical texts?
7. Why didn't Mohammed and his brothers want to break open the jar that they found as they were digging?
8. What does Jesus tell Thomas when Thomas requests that Jesus give him directions on how to get to the next level?
9. In the Testimony of Truth, what does the Gnostic author offer as components of a holy life?
10. After the death of Judas, the only true candidate for succession was which apostle?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)