|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(a) An angel.
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(a) Upper Egypt.
(b) Lower Egypt.
(d) Middle East.
3. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
Short Answer Questions
1. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
5. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
Short Essay Questions
1. What made Christianity an easy reach for the masses, while also consolidating power in the Church?
2. What are some of the roles that a masculine God might have in the prayers of Christians, Jews, and Muslims?
3. To whom did one's real allegiance belong, according to the ideas of Valentine?
4. After the death of Judas, the only true candidate for succession was which apostle?
5. What is the tradition that developed, though not completely logical and contradicted by two other gospels?
6. In the Testimony of Truth, what does the Gnostic author offer as components of a holy life?
7. Why was the conversion of a Christian women mentioned in a letter that Justin sent to Emperor Antonius Pius?
8. Why does Pagels state that the retelling of the story of Eden becomes problematic for those who consider themselves to be Christian?
9. What did Professional Giles Quispel find so startling about the Coptic Museum's codices when he read them?
10. What does Pagels point out in terms of the orthodox church's agenda in relation to conformity?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)