|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
2. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(b) Tax men.
3. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
4. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
5. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
2. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
3. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
4. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
5. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the idea that Marcion concluded about God since he found a brutal God in the Old Testament and a compassionate God in the New Testament?
2. What is the Christian creed some believe was created in order to exclude Marcion?
3. What was the primary goal of the Valentianians in the way they lived and followed their beliefs?
4. What do most people agree about in terms of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ?
5. What did a letter attributed to the Bishop of Rome around 90 to 100 AD create in official language for the first time?
6. What happened when a Roman soldier expressed his contempt for the Jews?
7. What did the Valentinians come to believe about the idea of God? What was He supposed to be?
8. What does Valentinus present as a further breakdown of the parts of the Dyad?
9. To whom did one's real allegiance belong, according to the ideas of Valentine?
10. Even during the time of the Reformation, what did the Protestant sects adhere to in terms of a doctrine?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)