|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
2. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
3. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
4. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
5. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
6. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
7. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(b) Noah's ark.
(c) The crucifixion.
(d) The Black Plague.
8. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
9. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Egyptian Museum.
(b) His father.
(c) Jung Foundation.
(d) British Museum.
10. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
11. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
12. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(b) It might be cursed.
(c) It might contain gold.
(d) It might contain a map.
13. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
14. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(a) Touch him.
(b) Tell anyone.
15. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
2. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
3. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
4. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
5. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)