|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) Broiled fish.
(c) Goat meat.
(d) A loaf of bread.
2. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
3. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
4. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
5. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
6. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) The Black Plague.
(b) The crucifixion.
(c) Noah's ark.
7. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
8. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(b) Coptic museum.
(c) Black market.
(d) The library.
9. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
10. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
11. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The priest.
(b) A leper.
(c) His cousin.
(d) The King.
12. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) British Museum.
(b) Egyptian Museum.
(c) His father.
(d) Jung Foundation.
13. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Funeral procession.
(c) Blood feud.
14. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(a) Mary Magdalene.
15. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
2. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
3. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
4. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
5. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)