|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
2. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
3. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(b) A loaf of bread.
(c) Goat meat.
(d) Broiled fish.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
6. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
7. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
8. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
(b) Satan worship.
9. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
10. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
11. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
12. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
13. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
14. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
15. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
2. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
3. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
4. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
5. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)