|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
2. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
3. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
6. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(a) Holy Spirit.
7. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
8. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
9. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
10. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
11. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
12. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
13. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
14. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
15. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
2. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)