|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
3. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
4. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Give it away.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Break it.
(d) Touch it.
5. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
6. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
7. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
8. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
9. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Coptic museum.
(b) The library.
(d) Black market.
10. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
11. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
12. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
13. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
14. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
15. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
2. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
3. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
4. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
5. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)