|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Touch him.
(c) Tell anyone.
2. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
3. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
6. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(c) Burning bush.
7. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
8. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
9. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
10. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
11. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
12. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
13. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
14. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
15. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(c) Goat meat.
(d) Broiled fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
2. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
4. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)