|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox church wanted to have more controversy in order to create ______________ to basic institutional and doctrinal elements.
2. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
3. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
4. The Gnostic focus was on ___________ which was thought to be psychological or emotional in nature.
5. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
2. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
3. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
4. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
5. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)