|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
2. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
3. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
4. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) Noah's ark.
(b) The Black Plague.
(d) The crucifixion.
5. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
(a) The Gnostics.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
2. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
3. The Christan world, it could be said, was and continues to be one of __________ reality.
4. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
5. Pagels wonders if it was the __________ function of the Church which allowed it to be kept alive for so many years.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)