|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Dostoevsky novel talks about Jesus being rejected by his own church within the story written?
(a) Brothers Karamazov.
(b) Uncle Vanya.
(c) Crime and Punishment.
(d) The Christ of Pain.
2. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
3. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(a) Lower Egypt.
(c) Middle East.
(d) Upper Egypt.
4. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
5. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
2. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
3. Pagels is quick to point out that this book is not an argument for _______________, but a call to learning more.
4. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
5. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)