|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ was relatively solitary and generally quite introspective in nature, contrary to other systems.
(a) The Christian world.
(b) The Jewish faith.
(c) The Muslim journey.
(d) Gnostic path.
2. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
3. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. The idea that united Gnostics, according to Pagels, seems to be that the path to God lay _____________.
(a) Only in faith in the clergy.
(b) In the Bible.
(c) Within man's own mind.
(d) In the Scrolls.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
4. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
5. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)