|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
2. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
3. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. A group of _____________was given a month to reconsider its fate, but eventually and happily they went to their death, much to the confusion of the judge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
2. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
3. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)