|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
2. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
3. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(b) An angel.
4. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
5. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Blake noted the differences between the Gnostics and the orthodox: "Both read the Bible day and night, But where thou read'st black where I see _________."
2. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
3. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
4. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
5. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)