|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
2. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
3. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
4. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
5. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(d) Tax men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
2. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
3. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
4. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
5. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)