|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox church wanted to have more controversy in order to create ______________ to basic institutional and doctrinal elements.
2. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
3. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(d) Tax men.
4. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
5. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Tell anyone.
(d) Touch him.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ____________ between the Gnostic and the orthodox is echoed in the centuries to come, according to historical findings.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
3. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
4. The Gnostic focus was on ___________ which was thought to be psychological or emotional in nature.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)