|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) Lies in the Bible.
(b) Two Gods.
(c) Two Bibles.
(d) False texts.
2. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(d) Baptism by water.
3. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
4. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
5. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
(a) Their gods.
(b) Their teachers.
(c) Their men.
(d) Their priests.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
2. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
5. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)