|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels makes a reader question: Is the Kingdom of God more truly __________________?
(a) Within than without.
(b) Vague than concrete.
(c) Something not to be understood.
(d) Dark than light.
2. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
3. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(c) The Apostles.
4. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
5. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(b) Pontius Pilate.
(c) Emperor Crucius.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
2. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
3. Pagels points out that the discussion of Gnosticism points out _____________ of great value to all believers.
4. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
5. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)