|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
2. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
3. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Jung Foundation.
(b) Egyptian Museum.
(c) His father.
(d) British Museum.
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(c) Burning bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. The idea that united Gnostics, according to Pagels, seems to be that the path to God lay _____________.
2. The orthodox victors preserved Christianity because of their emphasis on rigid ___________, rituals, and Church leaders.
3. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)