|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
(d) Genderless one.
2. Blake noted the differences between the Gnostics and the orthodox: "Both read the Bible day and night, But where thou read'st black where I see _________."
3. The Christan world, it could be said, was and continues to be one of __________ reality.
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(b) An angel.
5. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Gnostics, the definition of a true Christan was one that had spiritual ___________.
2. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
3. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
4. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)