|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
2. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(b) Emperor Crucius.
(d) Pontius Pilate.
3. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
4. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(d) Christian scientists.
5. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Dostoevsky novel talks about Jesus being rejected by his own church within the story written?
2. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
3. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
4. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
5. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)