|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(c) Broiled fish.
(d) Goat meat.
2. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
3. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
4. Pagels wonders if true authority is only found when one takes a journey __________ on his own.
(b) Of faith.
(d) To a teacher.
5. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Both the Gnostics and the orthodox, according to Blake, see Jesus as a false __________ in the history of man.
2. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
3. What Dostoevsky novel talks about Jesus being rejected by his own church within the story written?
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
5. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)