|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(a) The Mover.
(b) The Creator.
(c) The Creation.
2. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(c) No one.
(d) The Lost.
3. At one point, some monks were ordered to destroy _________ texts, along with other monastic brethren, though some were not.
4. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might contain a map.
(b) It might be cursed.
(c) It might contain gold.
(d) It might have Christian teachings in it.
5. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
2. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
3. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
4. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)