|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
(b) Lesser beings.
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. The Testimony of Truth talks about the ideas of ___________ and economic renunciation as components of a holy life.
(b) Sexual abstinence.
(c) Giving money to the coffers.
4. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
(a) A lake.
(b) The elements.
(c) A bull.
5. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Christian's world was a world of daily _______________, of special masses and other community gatherings.
2. The Valentinians who led normal lives still regarded ____________ as their primary goal, even as they gave up some worldly pleasures.
3. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
4. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
5. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)