|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
2. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
3. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The Holy Trinity.
(c) The Apocalypse.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
4. The orthodox victors preserved Christianity because of their emphasis on rigid ___________, rituals, and Church leaders.
(d) Bible scripture.
5. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
2. To the Gnostics, the definition of a true Christan was one that had spiritual ___________.
3. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
4. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
5. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)