|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
(a) Garden of Eden.
2. Pagels is quick to point out that this book is not an argument for _______________, but a call to learning more.
(c) A right answer.
3. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
4. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
(a) Their gods.
(b) Their teachers.
(c) Their men.
(d) Their priests.
5. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
2. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
3. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
4. Pagels makes a reader question: Is the Kingdom of God more truly __________________?
5. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)