|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
2. The Valentinians also speak of the birth of _________ from her confusion, water from her terror, and air from her grief.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) The Lost.
(b) No one.
4. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
5. In the works of the philosopher, Nietzsche, he speaks of Jesus as being the only true _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
2. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
3. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
4. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
5. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)