|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels points out that the discussion of Gnosticism points out _____________ of great value to all believers.
2. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
3. The Valentians speak of ___________ giving birth to the world out of their own suffering.
4. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
5. What Dostoevsky novel talks about Jesus being rejected by his own church within the story written?
(a) The Christ of Pain.
(b) Crime and Punishment.
(c) Uncle Vanya.
(d) Brothers Karamazov.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
2. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
3. The Testimony of Truth talks about the ideas of ___________ and economic renunciation as components of a holy life.
4. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
5. The Christian's world was a world of daily _______________, of special masses and other community gatherings.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)