|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
(a) Their priests.
(b) Their men.
(c) Their teachers.
(d) Their gods.
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(a) Tax men.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
2. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
3. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
4. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
5. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)