|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Apocalypse.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The priest.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The King.
(d) A leper.
4. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
5. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
2. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
3. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
4. In the works of the philosopher, Nietzsche, he speaks of Jesus as being the only true _____________.
5. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)