|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
2. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
3. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
4. Pagels is quick to point out that this book is not an argument for _______________, but a call to learning more.
(c) A right answer.
5. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
2. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
3. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
4. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
5. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)