|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
(c) Connection between Jesus and man.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
3. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might be cursed.
(b) It might contain a map.
(c) It might contain gold.
(d) It might have Christian teachings in it.
4. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
5. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
2. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
3. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
4. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
5. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)