|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
2. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) New church.
(b) New leader.
(c) Third heaven.
(d) Middle world.
3. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(b) Christian scientists.
4. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(b) Baptism by water.
5. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
2. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
3. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
4. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
5. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)