|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
(d) Garden of Eden.
2. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
(c) Ritual drink.
3. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is put to death.
(b) He is made pope.
(c) He is exiled from the country.
(d) He is made a cardinal.
4. The Valentinians also speak of the birth of _________ from her confusion, water from her terror, and air from her grief.
5. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
2. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
3. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
4. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
5. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)