|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
2. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
3. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
4. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
5. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
2. The structure of the Church remained in tact for many hundreds of years, surviving even the harsh winds of the _______________.
3. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
5. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)