|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
3. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
4. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
5. At one point, some monks were ordered to destroy _________ texts, along with other monastic brethren, though some were not.
Short Answer Questions
1. A group of _____________was given a month to reconsider its fate, but eventually and happily they went to their death, much to the confusion of the judge.
2. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
3. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
4. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
5. The structure of the Church remained in tact for many hundreds of years, surviving even the harsh winds of the _______________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)