|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
(a) A bull.
(c) A lake.
(d) The elements.
2. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
5. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
2. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
3. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
4. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
5. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)