|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
2. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
3. The Testimony of Truth talks about the ideas of ___________ and economic renunciation as components of a holy life.
(a) Sexual abstinence.
(d) Giving money to the coffers.
4. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
5. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
2. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
3. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
4. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
5. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)