|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
2. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
3. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
4. A group of _____________was given a month to reconsider its fate, but eventually and happily they went to their death, much to the confusion of the judge.
5. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
(b) Obedience to the clergy.
(c) Service atttendance.
(d) Holy water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. The idea that united Gnostics, according to Pagels, seems to be that the path to God lay _____________.
3. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
4. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
5. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)