|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
4. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
5. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
2. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
3. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
4. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
5. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)