|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
2. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
(c) Connection between Jesus and man.
3. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
4. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) His cousin.
(b) The priest.
(c) A leper.
(d) The King.
5. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
2. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
3. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
4. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
5. The vision of Jesus does not blink and it does not leave _____________ when it is moving in the world.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)