|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
2. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) New leader.
(b) Middle world.
(c) Third heaven.
(d) New church.
3. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Gnostics.
4. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(b) Funeral procession.
(d) Blood feud.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
2. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
3. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
4. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
5. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)