|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
2. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
3. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
(c) Satan worship.
4. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
5. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
2. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
5. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)