|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Emperor Crucius.
2. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(b) It might contain a map.
(c) It might be cursed.
(d) It might contain gold.
3. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
4. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
5. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Valentians speak of ___________ giving birth to the world out of their own suffering.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
3. Pagels points out that it was not the orthodox church's agenda to eliminate all ____________ from the church.
4. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
5. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)