|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
2. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
3. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
(a) Exposing himself.
(b) Ripping up the scriptures.
(c) Swearing and cursing.
(d) Blaspheming Jesus.
4. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
5. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
2. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
3. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
4. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)