|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
2. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
3. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(d) Tax men.
5. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
2. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)