|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
2. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
3. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
4. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Holy Trinity.
(b) The Apocalypse.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
5. There is even some suggestion in Gnostic texts that man himself creates the world of ___________, something radical even for the Gnostic beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
2. Hippolytus accused the Bishop of Rome of ___________, claiming that he was treated like a common criminal and not as a Christian martyr.
3. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
4. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
5. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)