|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
2. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
3. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
4. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
(d) Satan worship.
5. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(a) The Creator.
(b) The Mover.
(d) The Creation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
2. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
3. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)