|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
2. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
3. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(b) Broiled fish.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) Goat meat.
4. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(c) Life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
3. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
4. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
5. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)