|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(b) The Apostles.
2. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
3. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
4. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) False texts.
(b) Two Gods.
(c) Two Bibles.
(d) Lies in the Bible.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
2. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
3. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
4. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
5. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)