|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
3. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
4. The orthodox church wanted to have more controversy in order to create ______________ to basic institutional and doctrinal elements.
5. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is exiled from the country.
(b) He is put to death.
(c) He is made pope.
(d) He is made a cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
4. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
5. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)