|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
2. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
3. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(b) The Creator.
(c) The Mover.
(d) The Creation.
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Touch him.
(d) Tell anyone.
5. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
(c) The lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
2. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
3. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
4. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
5. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)