|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(d) Holy Spirit.
2. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Give it away.
(b) Break it.
(c) Touch it.
(d) Sell it.
3. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
4. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
5. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
2. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
3. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
4. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)