|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
2. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(c) Used as kindling.
(d) Given as gifts.
3. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
4. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(a) Upper Egypt.
(b) Middle East.
(c) Lower Egypt.
5. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
2. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
3. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
4. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
5. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)