|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(a) Tax men.
2. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
3. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) His father.
(b) Egyptian Museum.
(c) Jung Foundation.
(d) British Museum.
5. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Polycarb refused the __________________ and was burned alive because of his Christian beliefs.
2. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
4. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
5. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)