|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
2. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
3. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Blood feud.
(d) Funeral procession.
4. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
5. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
(a) A lake.
(b) The elements.
(d) A bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
2. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
3. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
4. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)