|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(b) Used as kindling.
(d) Given as gifts.
2. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
3. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
4. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
(a) Obedience to the clergy.
(b) Service atttendance.
(c) Holy water.
5. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
2. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
3. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
4. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
5. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)