|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(c) Baptism by water.
2. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
3. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
4. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
2. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
3. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
4. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
5. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)