|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(a) The Mover.
(b) The Creator.
(c) The Creation.
2. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(a) Christian scientists.
3. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
4. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
5. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) The Lost.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
2. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
3. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
4. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
5. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)