|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
(b) Obedience to the clergy.
(c) Holy water.
(d) Service atttendance.
4. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
5. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
2. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
3. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
4. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
5. To the Gnostics, the definition of a true Christan was one that had spiritual ___________.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)