|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
(c) Church of Peter.
2. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
3. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
4. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
2. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
3. Ignatius scorned the Gnostic view that Christ had not truly ____________ as this was a main tenet in orthodox beliefs.
4. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
5. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)