|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
2. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
(a) Pontius Pilate.
(b) Emperor Crucius.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
5. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
2. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
3. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)