|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
2. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) False texts.
(b) Two Bibles.
(c) Two Gods.
(d) Lies in the Bible.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) Their own blood.
(b) A cow.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) The royal pig.
4. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
5. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
2. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
3. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
4. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
5. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)