|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might be cursed.
(b) It might contain gold.
(c) It might contain a map.
(d) It might have Christian teachings in it.
2. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
3. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
4. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) The crucifixion.
(b) The Black Plague.
(d) Noah's ark.
5. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(d) Holy Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
2. Hippolytus accused the Bishop of Rome of ___________, claiming that he was treated like a common criminal and not as a Christian martyr.
3. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)