|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
2. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
3. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
4. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
5. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
(a) Lesser beings.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
2. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
3. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
4. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)