|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Fall of Eden.
(b) Creation myth.
(d) Temptation of Christ.
4. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
5. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
Short Answer Questions
1. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
2. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
5. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)