|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
(a) Their teachers.
(b) Their men.
(c) Their gods.
(d) Their priests.
2. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
(a) Satan worship.
3. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
4. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(c) No one.
(d) The Lost.
5. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
2. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
3. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)