|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
(a) He is made a cardinal.
(b) He is exiled from the country.
(c) He is put to death.
(d) He is made pope.
2. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
3. A group of _____________was given a month to reconsider its fate, but eventually and happily they went to their death, much to the confusion of the judge.
4. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
(b) Church of Peter.
5. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
(a) Their priests.
(b) Their gods.
(c) Their teachers.
(d) Their men.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
2. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
3. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
4. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
5. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)