|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Creation myth.
(b) Temptation of Christ.
(c) Fall of Eden.
2. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
3. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(b) Burning bush.
4. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Testimony of Truth talks about the ideas of ___________ and economic renunciation as components of a holy life.
2. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
5. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)