|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
2. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
5. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
2. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
3. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
4. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)