|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
4. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Gnostics.
(d) The Jews.
5. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
(a) Genderless one.
Short Answer Questions
1. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
2. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
3. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
4. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
5. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)