|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) The library.
(c) Black market.
(d) Coptic museum.
3. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
(a) The Church.
(b) The Romans.
(c) The Gnostics.
(d) The Jews.
4. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(a) Upper Egypt.
(b) Middle East.
(d) Lower Egypt.
5. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)