|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Touch him.
(d) Tell anyone.
2. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
3. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(a) An angel.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
4. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
5. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)