|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
3. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
4. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) No one.
(b) The Lost.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
3. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)