|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
3. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(c) Given as gifts.
(d) Used as kindling.
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
2. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
4. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
5. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)