|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
2. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
4. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)