|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
4. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) False texts.
(b) Two Gods.
(c) Two Bibles.
(d) Lies in the Bible.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Funeral procession.
(b) Blood feud.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
3. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
4. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)