|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
2. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
5. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)