|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Black market.
(b) Coptic museum.
(c) The library.
3. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Egyptian Museum.
(b) British Museum.
(c) Jung Foundation.
(d) His father.
4. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
2. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
3. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
4. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
5. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)