|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
2. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
3. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(a) The Apostles.
4. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) His cousin.
(b) The priest.
(c) A leper.
(d) The King.
5. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
2. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
3. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
5. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)