|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
2. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
(c) Genderless one.
3. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) The library.
(b) Coptic museum.
(d) Black market.
4. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
2. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
3. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
4. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)