|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
2. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
3. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
4. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
5. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
2. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
3. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
4. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
5. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)