|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
2. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
2. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
3. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
4. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
5. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)