|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(a) The Creator.
(b) The Mover.
(d) The Creation.
2. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
3. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
(b) Garden of Eden.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
2. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
3. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
4. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
5. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)