|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
2. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Apocalypse.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The Garden of Eden.
(d) The Holy Trinity.
3. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
4. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
5. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Creation myth.
(c) Fall of Eden.
(d) Temptation of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
2. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
3. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
4. The Romans believed in divine authority for __________, which eventually led to Inanaeus' death sentence for treason.
5. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)