|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) Noah's ark.
(b) The crucifixion.
(d) The Black Plague.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Coptic museum.
(c) The library.
(d) Black market.
3. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
(b) Genderless one.
4. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
5. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
2. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
5. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)