|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(b) The Apostles.
2. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
3. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might contain gold.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might contain a map.
(d) It might be cursed.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
(d) Satan worship.
Short Answer Questions
1. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
2. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
3. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
4. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
5. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)