|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Third heaven.
(b) New leader.
(c) New church.
(d) Middle world.
2. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(d) Life and death.
3. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
4. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
5. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
3. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
4. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
5. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)