|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
2. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
3. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
4. In Egyptian, Babylonian, Greek, North American Indian, and other faiths, the ____________ is a conspicuous component of the faith, sometimes to the exclusion of the masculine.
(b) Genderless one.
5. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
Short Answer Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
3. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
5. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)