|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
2. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
3. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Touch it.
(b) Break it.
(c) Give it away.
(d) Sell it.
4. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) False texts.
(b) Two Gods.
(c) Two Bibles.
(d) Lies in the Bible.
5. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
2. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
3. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
4. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
5. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)