|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Tell anyone.
(c) Touch him.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) No one.
(c) The Lost.
4. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
5. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
(a) The Church.
(b) The Gnostics.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Romans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
2. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
5. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)