|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
2. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(b) Blood feud.
(c) Funeral procession.
3. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(a) The Creation.
(b) The Creator.
(c) The Mover.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
2. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
3. Some Gnostic authors see Sophia as the ___________ benevolently having provided the gift of self-awareness to Adam and to Eve.
4. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)