|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(b) Creation myth.
(c) Fall of Eden.
(d) Temptation of Christ.
2. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
3. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
(a) The Romans.
(b) The Gnostics.
(c) The Jews.
(d) The Church.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
4. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)