|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Break it.
(b) Touch it.
(c) Sell it.
(d) Give it away.
2. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
3. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might be cursed.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might contain gold.
(d) It might contain a map.
4. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(b) Goat meat.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) Broiled fish.
5. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
4. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
5. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)