|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
(d) Garden of Eden.
2. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
3. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
4. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) A cow.
(b) The royal pig.
(c) Their own blood.
(d) The killer's heart.
5. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Third heaven.
(b) New leader.
(c) New church.
(d) Middle world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
2. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
3. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
4. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
5. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)