|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
2. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(b) Temptation of Christ.
(c) Creation myth.
(d) Fall of Eden.
4. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
5. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might contain gold.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might contain a map.
(d) It might be cursed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
5. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)