|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(c) Life and death.
2. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
(a) The Jews.
(b) The Church.
(c) The Romans.
(d) The Gnostics.
3. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(b) It might contain a map.
(c) It might be cursed.
(d) It might contain gold.
4. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
5. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
2. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
3. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
4. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
5. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)