|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(d) Life and death.
2. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) Two Bibles.
(b) False texts.
(c) Lies in the Bible.
(d) Two Gods.
3. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Touch him.
(d) Tell anyone.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
2. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
3. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)