|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) New leader.
(b) New church.
(c) Third heaven.
(d) Middle world.
5. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
2. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
3. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
4. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
5. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)