|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
2. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(b) Life and death.
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
5. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
2. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
3. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
4. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
5. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)