|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
2. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
3. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Third heaven.
(b) New leader.
(c) New church.
(d) Middle world.
4. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
5. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
Short Answer Questions
1. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
2. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
3. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)