|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The King.
(b) His cousin.
(c) A leper.
(d) The priest.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
4. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Break it.
(b) Sell it.
(c) Touch it.
(d) Give it away.
5. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Holy Trinity.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The Garden of Eden.
(d) The Apocalypse.
Short Answer Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
3. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
4. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
5. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)