|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Jung Foundation.
(b) British Museum.
(c) Egyptian Museum.
(d) His father.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(a) Burning bush.
3. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
4. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(c) Blood feud.
(d) Funeral procession.
5. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
Short Answer Questions
1. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
2. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
3. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
4. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
5. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)