|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
2. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
3. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
4. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
5. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
2. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
3. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)