|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(a) Used as kindling.
(c) Given as gifts.
2. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
3. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Temptation of Christ.
(c) Fall of Eden.
(d) Creation myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
2. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
3. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
5. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)