|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(b) Used as kindling.
(c) Given as gifts.
2. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) Goat meat.
(c) A loaf of bread.
(d) Broiled fish.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(c) The Lost.
(d) No one.
4. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
5. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
2. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
3. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
4. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
5. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)