|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
2. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
(a) Garden of Eden.
3. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
4. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) Lies in the Bible.
(b) False texts.
(c) Two Bibles.
(d) Two Gods.
5. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
5. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)