|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(d) Burning bush.
2. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
3. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Holy Trinity.
(b) The Apocalypse.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
4. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(a) Life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
2. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
4. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)