|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
2. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
3. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)