|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
2. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The King.
(b) A leper.
(c) His cousin.
(d) The priest.
3. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Funeral procession.
(b) Blood feud.
4. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
5. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
3. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)