|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
4. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
(b) Garden of Eden.
5. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(d) Tax men.
Short Answer Questions
1. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
2. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
5. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)