|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
2. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
3. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
4. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
5. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
2. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
3. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
4. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)