|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Touch him.
(c) Tell anyone.
2. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
3. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
4. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
5. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
Short Answer Questions
1. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
2. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
3. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
4. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
5. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)