|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Funeral procession.
(b) Blood feud.
2. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
2. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
5. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)