|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
2. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) A cow.
(b) The royal pig.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) Their own blood.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Temptation of Christ.
(c) Fall of Eden.
(d) Creation myth.
4. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
5. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
2. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)