|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) Their own blood.
(b) A cow.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) The royal pig.
2. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
3. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Black market.
(b) The library.
(c) Coptic museum.
4. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
2. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)