|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
2. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
3. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(d) Life and death.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
2. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
3. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
5. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)