|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Give it away.
(b) Break it.
(c) Touch it.
(d) Sell it.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The King.
(b) The priest.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A leper.
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Temptation of Christ.
(b) Fall of Eden.
(c) Creation myth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
2. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
4. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
5. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)