|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The King.
(b) The priest.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A leper.
2. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
3. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The Apocalypse.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The resurrection.
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(c) Tell anyone.
(d) Touch him.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)