|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) British Museum.
(b) Egyptian Museum.
(c) His father.
(d) Jung Foundation.
3. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Third heaven.
(b) Middle world.
(c) New leader.
(d) New church.
4. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
2. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
3. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
4. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
5. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)