|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
2. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) Their own blood.
(b) The royal pig.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) A cow.
3. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
2. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
3. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)