|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(b) Burning bush.
2. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
3. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) No one.
(d) The Lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
2. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
5. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)