|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(a) Tax men.
2. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
3. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Apocalypse.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
4. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
2. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)