|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
5. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Temptation of Christ.
(c) Creation myth.
(d) Fall of Eden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
2. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
5. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)