|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
2. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
2. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)