|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(b) The library.
(c) Coptic museum.
(d) Black market.
3. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
5. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)