|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
4. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
5. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
3. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
4. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
5. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)