|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(a) Tax men.
5. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
Short Answer Questions
1. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
4. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)