|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Jung Foundation.
(b) British Museum.
(c) Egyptian Museum.
(d) His father.
3. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
2. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
3. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)