|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
3. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(a) Burning bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
2. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)