|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Break it.
(c) Touch it.
(d) Give it away.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
4. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
5. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Black market.
(c) The library.
(d) Coptic museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
2. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)