|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(a) Lower Egypt.
(b) Middle East.
(d) Upper Egypt.
3. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might contain a map.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might contain gold.
(d) It might be cursed.
4. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
2. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
5. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)