|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
2. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
5. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Jung Foundation.
(b) Egyptian Museum.
(c) British Museum.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
2. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
3. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
4. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
5. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)