|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(a) Used as kindling.
(b) Given as gifts.
2. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) The killer's heart.
(b) The royal pig.
(c) A cow.
(d) Their own blood.
4. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(c) No one.
(d) The Lost.
5. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
2. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
3. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
4. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)