|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) British Museum.
(b) His father.
(c) Jung Foundation.
(d) Egyptian Museum.
2. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
3. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
4. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
5. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
2. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
3. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
4. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)