|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
3. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) His father.
(b) Jung Foundation.
(c) Egyptian Museum.
(d) British Museum.
5. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
2. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)