|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(b) No one.
(c) The Lost.
2. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(a) Life and death.
3. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(c) Tax men.
5. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
Short Answer Questions
1. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
2. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
3. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
4. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)