|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
2. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
3. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
4. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might contain gold.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might be cursed.
(d) It might contain a map.
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
2. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
3. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
4. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
5. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)