|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(c) Life and death.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(c) Burning bush.
3. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Coptic museum.
(b) Black market.
(c) The library.
4. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
5. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Middle world.
(b) New church.
(c) New leader.
(d) Third heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)