|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(b) Lower Egypt.
(c) Upper Egypt.
(d) Middle East.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Touch it.
(c) Give it away.
(d) Break it.
5. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
5. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)