|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) A cow.
(b) The killer's heart.
(c) Their own blood.
(d) The royal pig.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
2. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
3. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
4. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
5. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)