|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
2. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Touch him.
(c) Tell anyone.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Fall of Eden.
(b) Temptation of Christ.
(c) Creation myth.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)