|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(a) Given as gifts.
(c) Used as kindling.
2. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
3. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
4. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(b) Creation myth.
(c) Temptation of Christ.
(d) Fall of Eden.
5. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might be cursed.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might contain a map.
(d) It might contain gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)