|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(a) Lower Egypt.
(b) Middle East.
(c) Upper Egypt.
2. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(a) Tax men.
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
5. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
2. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
5. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)