|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
2. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Third heaven.
(b) New church.
(c) Middle world.
(d) New leader.
5. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
2. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
3. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)