|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) Broiled fish.
(b) Goat meat.
(c) A loaf of bread.
2. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(c) The Lost.
(d) No one.
3. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(a) Tax men.
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) His father.
(b) Jung Foundation.
(c) Egyptian Museum.
(d) British Museum.
5. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) New church.
(b) Middle world.
(c) New leader.
(d) Third heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
2. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
3. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
4. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
5. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)