|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
3. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
4. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
5. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
2. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)