|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(a) Lower Egypt.
(b) Middle East.
(d) Upper Egypt.
3. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)