|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Temptation of Christ.
(b) Creation myth.
(d) Fall of Eden.
2. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
3. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
4. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
5. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)