|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The priest.
(b) The King.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A leper.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(c) Burning bush.
3. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
4. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) The royal pig.
(b) Their own blood.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) A cow.
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
2. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
4. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
5. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)