|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
2. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) The killer's heart.
(b) Their own blood.
(c) A cow.
(d) The royal pig.
5. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
5. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)