|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Jung Foundation.
(b) His father.
(c) British Museum.
(d) Egyptian Museum.
2. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
3. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Blood feud.
(c) Funeral procession.
4. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(d) Burning bush.
5. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
5. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)