|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
4. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The Apocalypse.
(c) The resurrection.
(d) The Holy Trinity.
5. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
2. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
5. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)