|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
4. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(b) Creation myth.
(c) Fall of Eden.
(d) Temptation of Christ.
5. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
2. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)