|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Tell anyone.
(c) Touch him.
2. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
5. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
4. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
5. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)