|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
2. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(b) The Lost.
(d) No one.
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(b) Blood feud.
(c) Funeral procession.
5. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Break it.
(c) Touch it.
(d) Give it away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
3. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
4. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)