|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Coptic museum.
(b) The library.
(c) Black market.
3. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
5. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)