|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) The library.
(b) Black market.
(d) Coptic museum.
3. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
4. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) Their own blood.
(b) The royal pig.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) A cow.
5. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
2. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
3. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)