|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
3. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(b) Burning bush.
4. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) A leper.
(b) The King.
(c) His cousin.
(d) The priest.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
2. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
3. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
4. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
5. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)