|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
2. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
3. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
2. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
3. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
4. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
5. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)