|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(a) Mary Magdalene.
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(b) Blood feud.
(d) Funeral procession.
Short Answer Questions
1. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
2. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
3. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
4. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
5. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)