|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
5. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) His father.
(b) Egyptian Museum.
(c) Jung Foundation.
(d) British Museum.
Short Answer Questions
1. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
3. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
4. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
5. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)