|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) Their own blood.
(b) The killer's heart.
(c) A cow.
(d) The royal pig.
2. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
3. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) His father.
(b) British Museum.
(c) Egyptian Museum.
(d) Jung Foundation.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
2. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
5. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)