|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
(a) Lesser beings.
2. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
3. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Blood feud.
(b) Funeral procession.
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. There is even some suggestion in Gnostic texts that man himself creates the world of ___________, something radical even for the Gnostic beliefs.
Short Answer Questions
1. The idea that united Gnostics, according to Pagels, seems to be that the path to God lay _____________.
2. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
3. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
4. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
5. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)