|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
2. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
3. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
4. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
(c) Connection between Jesus and man.
5. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
(a) Swearing and cursing.
(b) Blaspheming Jesus.
(c) Ripping up the scriptures.
(d) Exposing himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
2. To the Romans, the Christians were seen as _____________ since they were also part of an illegal organization.
3. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
4. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
5. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)