|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
(a) God's laws.
(b) The Bible.
2. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
3. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
4. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(d) The Apostles.
5. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
2. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
3. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)