|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
2. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
3. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(a) Tell anyone.
(d) Touch him.
5. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
2. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
3. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
4. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
5. The Gnostic suffering is the result of ignorance of __________, of the God within everyone.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)