|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodox church wanted to have more controversy in order to create ______________ to basic institutional and doctrinal elements.
2. Justin speaks of a woman who was converted to Christianity by her teacher, ______________, and then she was a better person.
3. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
4. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
5. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
Short Answer Questions
1. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
2. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
3. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
4. There is even some suggestion in Gnostic texts that man himself creates the world of ___________, something radical even for the Gnostic beliefs.
5. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)