|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sometimes seen as a child, sometimes as a handsome young man, others times as a balding man with a beard?
2. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
3. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
4. Citizens were _____________ immediately, but those who were non-citizens were tortured in public stadiums.
5. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(d) Holy Spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
2. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
3. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
4. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
5. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)