|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(a) Baptism by water.
2. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
3. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(c) An angel.
5. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
2. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
4. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)