|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(a) Burning bush.
3. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
(b) Middle East.
(c) Upper Egypt.
(d) Lower Egypt.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
2. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
3. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
4. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
5. In the Gospel of Thomas, _________ speaks of a light within man that can light up the whole world.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)