|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
2. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
3. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) The Black Plague.
(b) The crucifixion.
(c) Noah's ark.
4. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
5. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
(a) The lost.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
2. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
3. Most scholars will agree that Jesus was crucified by ________________ when he was sentenced to the cross.
4. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
5. Peter distinguishes between the fleshly, suffering Christ and the living Christ, casting even more of a shadow on the idea of the ________________.
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)