|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At one point, some monks were ordered to destroy _________ texts, along with other monastic brethren, though some were not.
2. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(a) Black market.
(c) The library.
(d) Coptic museum.
3. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
4. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
5. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
2. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
3. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
4. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
5. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)