|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
2. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
3. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(d) An angel.
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
2. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
3. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
4. Pagels points out that it was not the orthodox church's agenda to eliminate all ____________ from the church.
5. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)