|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Roman Empire realized that Christianity was a sect which followed a man accused of ___________ and of magic.
2. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
3. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
4. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
5. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
Short Answer Questions
1. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
2. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
3. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
4. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
5. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)