|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the soldier start the riot which caused so many deaths in the Temple's courtyard?
(a) Swearing and cursing.
(b) Exposing himself.
(c) Ripping up the scriptures.
(d) Blaspheming Jesus.
2. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
3. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
4. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
5. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(a) Christian scientists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
2. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
3. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
4. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
5. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)