|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) The royal pig.
(b) A cow.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) Their own blood.
2. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
3. _______ is the one who says that he sees Jesus glad and laughing when he is above the cross.
4. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
5. The advice of Jesus to Thomas was attractive to the ____________ as it indicated there was only a strict and narrow path to Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Dialogue of the Savior, Jesus says that in order to get to Heaven, when you get to "the ________ where you can reach, stand there."
2. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
3. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
4. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
5. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)