|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(b) Tax men.
2. The orthodox interpret the crucifixion as a matter demanding extreme ______________, contrary to other accounts.
3. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
4. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
2. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
3. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
4. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
5. Pliny would often execute those who admitted to being of the _____________ faith, though he would let those go who did not admit to the faith.
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)