|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Gospel of Truth, there is a passage called the ____________ parable in which it's said that man acts as if he were sunk in sleep.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(d) Burning bush.
3. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
4. A group of _____________was given a month to reconsider its fate, but eventually and happily they went to their death, much to the confusion of the judge.
5. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
Short Answer Questions
1. The orthodox church wanted to have more controversy in order to create ______________ to basic institutional and doctrinal elements.
2. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
3. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
4. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
5. After the death of Jesus, a ______________ soldier was the one who started the riot in the Temple, causing many deaths in the process.
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)