|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) The Lost.
(c) No one.
2. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
3. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
4. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
5. In what gospel does Jesus respond to Thomas' passionate request to learn how to get to the next level?
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
2. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
3. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)