|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jesus tells Thomas that no one comes to the Father, but by ________ when he is asked about getting to the next level.
2. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(c) Mary Magdalene.
3. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
4. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
5. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
2. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
3. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
4. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
5. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)