|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian suggested the Gnostics were trying to evade death by changing the story of the _________________, which elevated Christ into a God.
2. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(a) Tell anyone.
(b) Touch him.
3. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) A leper.
(b) The King.
(c) His cousin.
(d) The priest.
4. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
5. Justin was a philosopher who wrote to the Emperor protesting the treatment of a __________________.
(a) Christian man.
(b) Christian woman.
(c) Disciple of Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
2. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
3. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
4. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
5. The Roman Empire believed that the Christian followers saw their many pagan gods as _______________.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)