|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
2. The young Christian woman named Blandina was able to withstand tremendous pain and torture, eventually being killed by being tossed in a net and exposed to ____________.
(a) A lake.
(c) The elements.
(d) A bull.
3. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(a) Tell anyone.
(c) Touch him.
4. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(b) Life and death.
5. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(d) An angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
2. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
3. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
4. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
5. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)