|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
2. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
3. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(b) The crucifixion.
(c) The Black Plague.
(d) Noah's ark.
4. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
5. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
2. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
3. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
4. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
5. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)