|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
2. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
3. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
4. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
5. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
2. The orthodox Christian looks at _____________ as a consequence of disbelief and of sin.
3. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
4. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
5. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)