|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
2. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
3. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
4. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
5. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
(a) Holy water.
(c) Obedience to the clergy.
(d) Service atttendance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
2. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
3. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
5. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)