|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
2. Justin also wrote about the bravery and dignity of ____________ when they were put under terrible torture conditions.
3. It is thought that perhaps some of the texts which were to be destroyed were buried in a _______ where they were later found.
4. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
(b) God's laws.
(c) The Bible.
5. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
2. The meaning of the actual _____________ has created great controversy among scholars and in the world.
3. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
4. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
5. Ultimately, what happened to Justin who writes the letters which attempt to protect those in the Christian faith?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)