|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The structure of the Church remained in tact for many hundreds of years, surviving even the harsh winds of the _______________.
2. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
3. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(a) Given as gifts.
(b) Used as kindling.
4. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
5. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
4. The laughing Jesus implies a separation between the physical and the spiritual Jesus and casts doubt on the traditional concept of the ________.
5. Frederik Wiss speculates that perhaps the Nag Hammadi find was the results of __________ at St. Pachomius.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)