|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
2. A Valentinian Exposition speaks of God as a ____________, and no one was before him, according to the text of this chapter.
3. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
4. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
5. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) The Lost.
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. A __________ tourist in 1769 bought a Coptic codex near Thebes, which helped to explain more about the time period of the gospels.
2. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
3. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
4. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
5. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)