|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
(a) Used as kindling.
(b) Given as gifts.
2. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
3. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
(b) Black market.
(c) The library.
(d) Coptic museum.
4. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
5. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
2. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
5. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)