|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
2. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
3. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
4. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
5. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
(d) Garden of Eden.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
2. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
3. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
4. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
5. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)