|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
3. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
4. The ___________, often called the Watchword of the Jewish faith, proclaims, "Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One."
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
2. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
3. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
4. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
5. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)