|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
(b) Touch him.
(d) Tell anyone.
3. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(c) Life and death.
4. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
5. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) New church.
(b) New leader.
(c) Middle world.
(d) Third heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
3. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
4. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
5. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)