|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
2. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) No one.
(b) The Lost.
4. A letter to the Bishop of Rome stated the difference between ________ and priesthood, defining the reality of the Roman church.
(a) Satan worship.
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(a) Burning bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
2. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
3. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
4. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
5. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)