|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. Clement of Alexandria talks of a __________ gnosis which was promoted by the Valentianians.
3. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
4. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
5. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
2. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
3. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
4. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
5. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)