|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) His cousin.
(b) The King.
(c) A leper.
(d) The priest.
2. According to some of the Gnostic gospels, the Creator does not precede mankind at all - there is an immortal __________ that precedes him.
3. Tertullian claimed that Valentinus' theology was driven by __________, according to the research that Pagels did.
4. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
2. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
3. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
4. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
5. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)