|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
4. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(a) Funeral procession.
(c) Blood feud.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
2. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
3. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
4. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
5. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)