|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Once committed to the Mother and Father of the world, the candidate undertook the secret sacrament of apolytrosis, or _________.
2. "I believe in One God, Father Almighty, _________ of Heaven and Earth" is the Christian creed.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Touch it.
(c) Break it.
(d) Give it away.
5. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
2. To Iranaeus, the monotheism of the Valentianians was a kind of ________, a hoax that would allow them to participate in the orthodox church.
3. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
4. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
5. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)