|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
2. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) Their own blood.
(b) The royal pig.
(c) A cow.
(d) The killer's heart.
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
5. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
2. Some say that the Christian creed was written to specifically exclude ___________ and his followers who were not following the creed.
3. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
4. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
5. The ___________ of the original Greek gospels by various scholars enhanced the controversy around them.
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)