|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
2. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(b) No one.
(d) The Lost.
4. Marion concluded that there were ___________ because of the brutal God in the Old Testament and the compassionate God in the New Testament.
(a) Lies in the Bible.
(b) False texts.
(c) Two Gods.
(d) Two Bibles.
5. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
2. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
3. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
4. The finding of the earthenware jar became known as the Naj or the Nag ________________ find.
5. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)