|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1896, the amazing manuscript called the Gospel of _________ was found by a German Egyptologist.
2. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
5. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
(b) Funeral procession.
(d) Blood feud.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostic texts call God _________ for punishing Adam and Eve for obtaining spiritual wisdom from a serpent.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. In the Hypostasis of the Archons, ________ is elevated to being the spiritual mother of Adam, even though other stories contradict this.
4. What was the color of the earthenware jar that the Arabs in the area found to contain momentous records of early Christianity?
5. The Gnostic teachers tell the story of the ___________ differently from their orthodox brethren, according to Pagels.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)