|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
(a) Sell it.
(b) Give it away.
(c) Break it.
(d) Touch it.
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
Short Answer Questions
1. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
2. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
3. Pagels points out that it was __________ that ultimately expelled the Valentinians who strove to maintain their membership.
4. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)