|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
2. What were Muhammed 'Ali and his brothers digging for?
3. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Middle world.
(b) Third heaven.
(c) New leader.
(d) New church.
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. What did Muhammed finally decide was worth breaking open the jar that he and his brothers found?
(a) It might contain gold.
(b) It might have Christian teachings in it.
(c) It might be cursed.
(d) It might contain a map.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
2. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
3. The orthodox church became increasingly suspicious of anyone who claimed the secret ___________.
4. One God, One _________ became the doctrine of the church, according to the text in this chapter.
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)