|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
2. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
3. What did the brothers devour as a part of their avenging of the death of their father by a murderer?
(a) Their own blood.
(b) The royal pig.
(c) The killer's heart.
(d) A cow.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
2. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
3. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
4. Where did members of the Egyptian government eventually spot the papyri that Muhammed had given away?
5. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)