|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
2. While the scrolls were taken to the Coptic museum for safekeeping, _______ of the codices were smuggled out of the country.
3. How many leather bound papyri were in the jar when Muhammed finally broke it open with his knife?
4. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
(a) No one.
(c) The Lost.
5. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
4. __________ was far more recognized and abundant than previously thought, especially in the years following Jesus' death.
5. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)