|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
2. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
3. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The Apocalypse.
(b) The Garden of Eden.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian noted the way that _______ were so eagerly accepted in all facets of church society with great horror.
2. Where did one of the most important archaeological events take place in 1945 according to the book?
3. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
4. ___________ was the issue of the day for the orthodox church, according to Pagels' findings in this chapter.
5. Bishop Irenaeus wrote the book "The Destruction and Overthrow of Falsely So-Called _____________."
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)