|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
2. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
3. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
4. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(d) Life and death.
5. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Temptation of Christ.
(b) Creation myth.
(c) Fall of Eden.
Short Answer Questions
1. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
2. What did Muhammad and his brothers embark on in order to avenge the death of their father?
3. As a result of Marcion's thoughts about the Bible, Iranaeus accused Marcion of _____________.
4. What did Muhammed believe might be in the jar that he and his brothers found?
5. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)