|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
2. To whom did Muhammed give some of the papyri since he felt that he needed to get rid of them before the police found them?
(a) The King.
(b) The priest.
(c) His cousin.
(d) A leper.
3. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
(b) Life and death.
4. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
5. Another Gnostic text, the Gospel of ____________, highlighted a relationship between Mary Magdalene and Jesus.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gospel of the Egyptians from the Gnostic texts highlights the Great, Invisible ___________ in its lines.
2. Valentine did distinguish between the creator, architect of the World, also known as the ______________, and the actual foundational spirit of the universe.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
5. Gnosticism, based on direction, immediate _________, in visions and on dreams, challenged the orthodox believers.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)