|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
2. Who did Professor Giles Quispel persuade to try to buy the codices in order to study them further?
(a) Jung Foundation.
(b) British Museum.
(c) His father.
(d) Egyptian Museum.
3. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
4. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
5. The Gnostics considered themselves to be ____________, not believers and were despised by orthodox theologians.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Testimony of Truth, the text talks of a benign ____________ and a guileful Jehovah.
2. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
3. What did Muhammed not want to do when he first found the jar during the dig with his brothers?
4. What kind of teacher was Raghib, the man who told Muhammed that the scrolls might be worth some money?
5. What happened to some of the papyri when it was taken home by Muhammed, though he did not understand their value?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)