|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(d) Burning bush.
3. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(b) An angel.
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
2. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
3. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
4. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
5. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)