|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(d) Burning bush.
3. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
4. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
(a) God's laws.
(d) The Bible.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
2. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
3. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
5. When Jesus appears to Mary, what does he tell her not to do, which causes some to question his appearance?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)