|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
Short Answer Questions
1. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
2. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
3. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
4. Hippolytus accused the Bishop of Rome of ___________, claiming that he was treated like a common criminal and not as a Christian martyr.
5. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)