|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
2. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
3. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
4. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(b) Tax men.
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(a) Burning bush.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
2. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
3. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
4. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
5. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)