|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(c) Burning bush.
3. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
4. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
5. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
Short Answer Questions
1. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
2. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)