|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
2. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
3. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
4. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
5. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
2. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
3. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
4. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
5. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)