|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
2. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
3. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
(b) God's laws.
(c) The Bible.
4. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
5. In the Gospel of Thomas, Peter tells Mary to leave them because _________ are not worthy of life, but Jesus responds.
(c) The Apostles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
2. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
3. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
4. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
5. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)