|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
2. In Christianity, Judaism and in Islam, God is the king, lord, master, judge, and ____________.
3. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
4. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
5. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. To the Gnostics, the definition of a true Christan was one that had spiritual ___________.
2. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
4. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
5. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)