|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
2. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
3. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(b) Baptism by water.
4. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
5. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(b) Mary Magdalene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
2. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
3. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
4. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
5. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)