|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
2. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
3. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
4. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
(a) Holy Spirit.
5. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Hippolytus accused the Bishop of Rome of ___________, claiming that he was treated like a common criminal and not as a Christian martyr.
2. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
4. The author believes that the resurrection is what sets Christianity apart from other faiths as it deals with __________, not with rebirth.
5. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)