|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
2. Authoritative Teaching rails against external acts of worship as making so-called Christians worse than the __________.
3. Tertullian turned away from the ____________ movement, joining a Montanist movement that featured a new prophecy.
(a) Christian scientists.
4. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
5. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
2. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
3. One argument against the orthodox is that Christians refuse to truly seek God who can only be found in the fulfillment of the _________.
4. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
5. The Gnostics, some said, interpreted the resurrection to be something like an apparition that appears in a ________ state.
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)