|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
2. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Fall of Eden.
(b) Temptation of Christ.
(c) Creation myth.
3. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
4. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
5. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
2. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
3. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
4. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
5. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)