|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
2. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
3. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
4. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
5. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
2. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
3. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
4. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
5. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)