|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
2. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
3. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
4. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
Short Answer Questions
1. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
2. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
3. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
4. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
5. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)