|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
2. The twelve ____________ had the authority to pass on their power to others, according to orthodox theory.
3. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
(c) An angel.
4. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
5. Pagels talks about three different interpretations of the Divine - as the _______, as the Holy Spirit, and as Wisdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
2. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
3. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
4. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
5. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)