|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(b) Burning bush.
2. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
3. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) Third heaven.
(b) New leader.
(c) Middle world.
(d) New church.
4. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
(a) The lost.
5. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
(b) Church of Peter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
2. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
3. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
4. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
5. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)