|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
2. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
3. Ignatius placed the presence of the ____________ as the legitimizing force in administering the sacrament and in holding meetings.
4. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
(a) The resurrection.
(b) The Apocalypse.
(c) The Holy Trinity.
(d) The Garden of Eden.
5. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
Short Answer Questions
1. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
2. What is another thing the many criteria did for the orthodox church? It consolidated ______________.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
4. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
5. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)