|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The resurrection was useful ____________, which is why it became such an important part of religious dogma.
2. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
5. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
2. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
3. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
4. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
5. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)