|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
2. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
3. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
4. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(a) The Mover.
(b) The Creation.
(d) The Creator.
5. The resurrection, Pagels speculates, helps to _____________ the authority of those who believed literally in the resurrection.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
2. Tertullian was against the heretics that embraced the followings of Jesus, but who also denied the idea of _______________.
3. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
4. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
5. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)