|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jesus eat before the eyes of his disciples after he has risen from the death, according to some accounts?
(a) A loaf of bread.
(b) Goat meat.
(c) Broiled fish.
2. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
3. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
4. Valentinus described God as the Father, the Ineffable, the Depth, and the Primal ______________.
5. The Testimony of Truth talks about the ideas of ___________ and economic renunciation as components of a holy life.
(a) Sexual abstinence.
(d) Giving money to the coffers.
Short Answer Questions
1. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
2. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
3. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
4. The _________ today, according to the Catholic Church, is the only legitimate heir to the humble vestments of Peter.
5. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)