|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is NOT one of the things which made Christianity an easy reach for the masses of people?
(a) Holy water.
(b) Obedience to the clergy.
(c) Service atttendance.
2. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(a) Baptism by water.
3. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
4. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
5. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
2. __________ united Gnostic brethren together and that brotherhood was paramount, not the obedience to any clergy.
3. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
4. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
5. The difference between Plato's doctrine of the soul's ______________ and the resurrection was that resurrection was real flesh reborn.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)