|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Catholic Church bases its authority on the shoes of the ___________, according to the text in this chapter.
(c) Tax men.
2. The language in many texts respects the idea of the female, though not in pagan terms, rather in presenting God as a Mother/Father ______.
3. Gnostic teachers debated whether or not the Dyad was an actual unified __________, with a male/female structure.
4. The Testimony of Truth does not confine its attacks to the orthodoxy, but also directs its attentions to the deficiencies of supposedly immature ________.
5. A Gnostic author speaks of a baptism of _________ rather than a baptism of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
2. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
3. Tertullian later spoke of joining a spiritual church for spiritual people, not a church for ___________.
4. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
5. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)