|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(c) Burning bush.
2. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
3. Marcus the ______ received his visions in feminine form and in his Gnostic masses represented her blood as wine.
4. Paul's statements in his letters seem to indicate that there is a ______________ which he will go to.
(a) New leader.
(b) Middle world.
(c) Third heaven.
(d) New church.
5. In a newly discovered Nag Hammadi text, it says, "I am __________. I am both Mother and Father since I copulate with myself. I am the Womb, the All."
(a) The Mover.
(b) The Creation.
(c) The Creator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentinus described the Mother as the Grace, the Silence, the _________ and the Mother of All.
2. It is said that at least the Christians had been called by God, unlike the pagans who could be excused for their ____________.
3. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. Theologians from many Western religions do contend that God is beyond ____________, according to Pagels.
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)