|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To the Gnostics, the body of the orthodox church, the mass of _________ believers was outside of the true Church.
2. Who is one of the followers who did not recognize Jesus when he reappeared after the resurrection?
(d) Mary Magdalene.
3. Tertullian wrote: "...this flesh, suffused with blood, built up with bones, interwoven with nerves.....was born and dies, undoubtedly _________."
4. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
5. Hippolytus accused the Bishop of Rome of ___________, claiming that he was treated like a common criminal and not as a Christian martyr.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pagels recounts how in the story of _________ that Jesus tells his disciples to reach out and touch him to show he is flesh and bones.
2. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
3. In the Apocryphon of John, the ____________ was the Holy Spirit as a part of the Holy Trinity.
4. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
5. In the traditional orthodox canon, the spirit or the _____________ is gender neutral, but this is not the case everywhere.
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)