|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
2. Sophia further assists Adam and Eve when she saves their descendants during the time of ____________.
(a) Noah's ark.
(b) The crucifixion.
(c) The Black Plague.
3. Pagels points out that the ___________ may be the key building block of orthodox Christianity.
(a) Creation myth.
(c) Temptation of Christ.
(d) Fall of Eden.
4. The Gnostics did not stress the idea of obedience to authority, but rather ___________ with those united in communion.
5. After the death of Judas, the only real candidate for succession was ____________ who had also walked with Christ.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jesus says that he will lead Mary, make her _______ so that she too may become a living spirit, resembling the others in the room.
2. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
3. The Gnostics called the orthodox view the faith of ___________, according to the text presented in the chapter.
4. It is the mixing of the _________________ with normal humanity that engenders the interpretation of the birth of Jesus.
5. There is some speculation that the use of ________ was used in order to indicate that God was both Male and Female.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)