|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John, emotionally distraught over the crucifixion, announces the Trinity as the Father, Mother and __________.
2. Phillip in his gospel laughs at the _________________ as a test of spiritual sufficiency, as people receive nothing from this.
(d) Baptism by water.
3. Paul says that "flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of __________" in one of his statements about the resurrection.
4. Marcus offered the cup of wine and says into which ___________ may flow during the masses he gave.
5. When it came to discriminate as to the true Church, ______ pervaded even the sanctum of the orthodox.
Short Answer Questions
1. The orthodoxy tried to maintain its power and its legitimacy by striving against any _____________ criteria.
2. There is some speculation that there are actually two ____________ involved in the story of Mary and Jesus.
3. There are some descriptions of the resurrection that could raise some questions about the _____________ of the event.
4. A tradition developed that included the idea that __________ was the first to have seen Jesus after he rose from the dead.
5. The Gnostics were not only attacked by __________, but also by those who advanced the name of Christ.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)