One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Gnostic author had nothing but contempt for a congregation of seekers that sought to avoid the firm citadel of Christan ___________.
2. Who took a mediating position with the Christian Church, though they had internal problems as to how to view the orthodox?
(a) Church of Peter.
3. Two separate versions of Paul's experience in Damascus have spectators hearing the voice, but only one account includes the _________.
(c) Burning bush.
4. The redefinition of who sees Jesus first is a tradition which first indicated that the direction of the _________ more than the importance of the doctrine.
5. The Hebrew term for Spirit is _______________, as the author prefers this term from the Secret Book.
Short Answer Questions
1. Valentinus speaks of a story in which the Feminine Principal, as Wisdom, tries to ____________ by itself, though this does not work.
2. The writings of Peter state that the Gnostics believed the orthodox church was an/a ____________ church which claims exclusive legitimacy.
3. However, in two other gospels, it is _____________ who sees Jesus after he has risen from the dead.
4. The Church of the Gnostics was confined to the __________, the experiencers of God generally speaking.
5. Which of the three principals in the Holy Trinity is genderless, according to Pagels' observations?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)