Objective: Mohammed was afraid to open up the jar because he thought it might contain a powerful, unhappy spirit. Today's objective is to talk about superstitions and what these mean to people in everyday society.
1. Have each student define the idea of superstitions.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they feel they are superstitious. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss whether they think superstitions have a place in society. Why or why not? Why do the students think superstitions stick?
4. Homework: Have students discuss one superstition they have and why they still hold onto it.
5. Homework: Have students decide whether or not they think they would be afraid to open up a jar because of evil spirits. Why or why not?
6. Homework: Have the students discuss why they think the men should have kept the scrolls in the jar. Why or...
This section contains 5,255 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)