|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Mavis wants to talk to Eve about?
2. Which of the following must be true about the killer?
3. What job does Cicely Towers have?
4. Which of the following characters was Cicely's lover?
5. Why does Eve leave her office to go and confront Roarke in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What conclusion does Eve come to in regard to George Hammet and Cicely's murder?
2. What is Eve shocked to realize about PA Towers?
3. When Eve asks Feeney why he is joining the case, what does he tell her and how does Eve respond?
4. What happens after Eve is finished interviewing Marco Angelini and what does she tell Feeney to do?
5. What does Eve do to get back at C.J. Morse?
6. Who was David Angelini and what did Feeney uncover about him?
7. What doe Nadine and Eve discuss and what do they decide is the best course of action?
8. What do Eve and Feeney know about the new lead Feeney uncovered about his wife and how do they feel about approaching the Commander about it?
9. When Eve enthusiastically approaches Eve to talk all about Roarke what happens?
10. How does Eve react to the gift that Roarke has given her and what is his reaction to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How would you describe the relationship between Eve and Chief Tibble? Do you think her meeting with him was helpful or not? Why do you feel this way?
Essay Topic 2
Why do you think Roarke gives Eve many gifts when it seems to upset her? Do you think he should continue to do this? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
How is the theme of loyalty used throughout the novel? Which character demonstrates the most loyalty and why:? Which character faces the toughest battle with loyalty and why?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)